4Kids Talkback: A New Dawn Begins - The 4Kids Discussion V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Wow, CW4Kids is beat all of the Dynamite Action Squad shows. Of course, Nick wins in the end, as always.:shrug:

Carlos

Thanks for doing it again, D Dubbs. I really enjoy looking at them.:anime:

So, how do you convert the cable ratings to broadcast?

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
I use the standard conversion rate. A 2.1 on cable is around a 1.0 on broadcast. And you're welcome. :)

Bratbat

You know I really feel a need to bring up the people who hate the deal between 4Kids Entertainment's and the CW network.

I mean look at this

8 Ratings pure Five Stars so far!

Oh well it was lukewarm funny at least. But as a persuasive piece, it only appeals to tradition and uses "Once a(n) X, always a(n) X".

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Yep. It always amazes me how much people can waste their time hating on 4Kids. I mean, I understand why they're disliked, but some people take it too far...and of course, end up looking stupid in the process.

Rolling Cloud

...too early....
Yep. It always amazes me how much people can waste their time hating on 4Kids. I mean, I understand why they're disliked, but some people take it too far...and of course, end up looking stupid in the process.

Besides, there's more calmer ways of doing it then making a 'Youtube poop' video. >.>

Such as writing a letter, making a comparison site, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Light Lucario

Staff member

I feel the same way. I can understand why people hate 4Kids, but when they take it to the point where they want the company to die a slow and painful death or make YouTube videos where they throw swear words on them, that's when I think that they're taking it too far and just wasting so much negative energy on that hatred. Not only could people like that use calmer ways to express their dislike towards 4Kids, but they could also try to not be so consumed with negative feelings like that in the first place.

Daxdiv

Does this look like the face of mercy?
Besides, there's more calmer ways of doing it then making a 'Youtube poop' video. >.>

Such as writing a letter, making a comparison site, etc.

Yes those are more constructive and informative. Sure the person doing a comparison could go on a tangent from time to time, but at least it is educating what differences between what 4Kids does to anime. Also there is my favorite series on YT called "The Top Ten Worst Dub Moments From 4Kids' One Piece Dub" an unfinished project, because the video creator is lazy/uninspired for the most part to complete it. It more like a comparison website.

Bratbat

Comparison videos IMO are supposed to be neutral videos that create a choice between disliking or choosing not to dislike.

But so far the only comparison videos made are those by people who dislike the company, and they sway their viewers by telling them "This change is bad" in text or in voice.

EDIT: Something keep getting repeated something about 4KidsTV killing FoxKids. Now CW4Kids killing KidsWB. Kill is an understatment; they devoured.

Last edited by a moderator:

Light Lucario

Staff member
Comparison videos IMO are supposed to be neutral videos that create a choice between disliking or choosing not to dislike.

But so far the only comparison videos made are those by people who dislike the company, and they sway their viewers by telling them "This change is bad" in text or in voice.

EDIT: Something keep getting repeated something about 4KidsTV killing FoxKids. Now CW4Kids killing KidsWB. Kill is an understatment; they devoured.

I've seen a couple of comparison videos before for Yu-Gi-Oh! and I do agree with you comment about how many of those people simply tell their viewers that the change is bad in some way or another. If they handled the change more maturely, such as basically just showing the different versions and letting the viewers decide if they think the change is bad or not, then that would be a fine way to express their dislike of how 4Kids handles some of their shows.

As for the whole 4Kids devouring Kids' WB thing, I would have to disagree. From what I understand from the process of what happened to Kids' WB, Warner Brothers decided to sell the block and 4Kids just bought it. I believe the WB weren't content with the money coming from the block and so they chose to sell it. Or at least something like that. Anyway, it sounds like a business deal to me. I don't see how 4Kids could be blamed for a decision made by another company, but some people will think they're to blame anyway just because they're 4Kids.

Sonic_Eclipse

Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
Lucario is right. It was FOX/Saban that decided to sell Fox Kids, 4Kids just bought the time. Just like it was the CW that decided to sell Kids'WB!, 4Kids once again just bought the time. Blame FOX and CW, not 4Kids.

It's just people coming up with excuses to hate 4Kids. I've never hated 4Kids, I just think they make a lot of bad descions, but they're slowly learning from their mistakes.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
July 12th, 2008 (4Kids TV)
08:00 AM Viva Pinata - Hudson's Biggest Fan; Candiosity (#8b, #1b)
08:30 AM Viva Pinata - On a Sour Note; Pig-Out Mountain (#11)
09:00 AM TMNT - Return to New York (#23)
09:30 AM TMNT - Search for Splinter (#25)
10:00 AM Sonic X - Chaos Emerald Chaos (#4)
10:30 AM Dinosaur King - Escape From Zeta Point (#13)
11:00 AM Kirby: Right Back at Ya! - Un-Reality TV (#6)
11:30 AM Winx Club - Pay Back (#66)

July 12th
, 2008 (CW4Kids)
07:00 AM Will & Dewitt - Wacky Talkie; Look, Up in the Sky (#17)
07:30 AM Magi-Nation - Frozen Fortress (#17)
08:00 AM Tom & Jerry Tales - Octo Suave; Beach Bully Bingo; Treasure Map Scrap (#10)
08:30 AM Tom & Jerry Tales - Invasion of the Body Slammers; Monster Con; Over the River and Boo the Woods (#18)
09:00 AM Chaotic - Over Under Rent Asunder (#4) NEW to CW4Kids
09:30 AM The Spectacular Spider-Man - Catalysts (#7)
10:00 AM The Spectacular Spider-Man - Reaction (#8)
10:30 AM TMNT: Fast Forward - Night of Sh'okanabo! (#124) NEW to CW4Kids
11:00 AM Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Conquering the Past, Part II (#147) NEW to CW4Kids
11:30 AM The Batman - A Mirror Darkly (#57)

So this week, looks like they'll be skipping episode ten of Viva Pinata and instead be airing two different shorts...one from episode one and one from episode eight. And both TMNT series skip ahead another episode.
July 2, 2008 - 8:02 AM EDT

Chaotic Trading Card Game Launches Nationwide at Best Buy

The Chaotic® Trading Card Game, which integrates a collectible trading card game with a unique online multi-player experience, will launch at world-leading consumer electronics retailer Best Buy on July 6th. Best Buy is re-entering the trading card space for the first time in several years, in part, due to the unique convergent game play of Chaotic’s patented technology that enables fans to replicate their cards online and collect, trade and compete in the fast-growing community at www.chaoticgame.com.

This significant milestone comes just as the new (third overall) Chaotic booster series, Silent Sands, becomes available at retail and comic and hobby stores with brisk pre-orders resulting in an effective “sellout” of the highly anticipated new series. This strong enthusiasm at retail is reflected in the continuing growth of the Chaotic Online Game Experience, which now tallies over 1.7 million unique visitors on the site, over 40 million page views and over 20 million Chaotic card codes registered since its October 24, 2007 launch.

“We expect ‘Chaotic’ to be a hit with Best Buy’s large base of gaming and electronics customers,” said Bryan C. Gannon, President and CEO of TC Digital Games. “With fan excitement surrounding ‘Chaotic’ at an all-time high, we are enthusiastic and honored to be launching at Best Buy, which will quickly become a significant new retail destination for fans.”

To support the demand for more Chaotic products at retail, 4Kids is developing a targeted licensing and marketing program for the property in several core categories including publishing, consumer electronics, computer and mobile accessories, collector figures and video games. Initial licensees already on board include Giant Merchandising for t-shirts, sweatshirts and track jackets, BioWorld for headwear, Prima Games for the Chaotic Trading Card Game strategy guide and Ultra Pro for trading card game accessories.

To add another exciting element to the Chaotic gaming experience, TC Digital Games recently launched Chaotic Battledrome Events, a national Organized Play program, at New York ComicCon, with additional events scheduled throughout 2008 at Wizard World Philadelphia, Origins Games Fair, San Diego Comic-Con, Gen Con Indy, Fan Expo Canada and Gen Con Australia.

Chaotic is the first property specifically utilizing patented technology to seamlessly integrate trading card game play with interactive Web-based functionality. Using this technology, each Chaotic Trading Card is enabled with a unique alphanumeric code that allows Chaotic players to upload their personal card collection onto the Chaotic Online Game at www.ChaoticGame.com for no additional cost. Additionally, the destination features interactive gameplay functionality, a Web-based trade sector that allows users to trade their Chaotic Cards online with other players as well as web-based messaging and forum discussions.

Complementing the Chaotic Trading Card Game is the Chaotic animated TV series, which airs daily in the Jetix block of Toon Disney and Saturday mornings in TheCW4Kids morning block on The CW Network. The series has been a top-rated Saturday morning show for Boys 6-11 on U.S. broadcast television, as well as a top performer in Canada on Teletoon.
Wow, Chaotic even got Best Buy back into the trading card business...

Rolling Cloud

...too early....
I've seen a couple of comparison videos before for Yu-Gi-Oh! and I do agree with you comment about how many of those people simply tell their viewers that the change is bad in some way or another. If they handled the change more maturely, such as basically just showing the different versions and letting the viewers decide if they think the change is bad or not, then that would be a fine way to express their dislike of how 4Kids handles some of their shows.

I've found a couple comparison websites that are neutral. Granted, they don't interest me as much 'cause they're not as funny. =P

I can now probably say that Chaotic is doing better than we thought.

Seconded.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
I've found a couple comparison websites that are neutral. Granted, they don't interest me as much 'cause they're not as funny. =P

The only neutral sites I can think of is One Piece's comparison site and yujyo.net. Both are pretty good sites, actually. I guess Dogasu is pretty good too. Sometimes he goes a bit overboard, IMO, but usually he does a good job at pointing out the bad things as well as the good.

First we brought you Michelangelo and Raphael in the TMNT Podcast premiere. Now Donatello and Leonardo are here and ready to answer your questions! So, post your question below in the comments (we will be accepting questions until July 8th), then check back to see if Donatello and Leonardo answer your questions during the next podcast.
Oh...and the game of the week is really fun. It's called Doeo, click here and check it out! It's really simple, yet very addicting. Probably one of my favorites on the site.

Light Lucario

Staff member

Oh yeah, I forgot about that site. I've actually been to yujyo.net before and it does look like the person in charge does a good job of just stating the differences without becoming really anti-4Kids. While I do like the dub, despite its flaws, I do find it interesting to look at the comparisons and the differences in the dialouge and some pictures. Yeah, they're not really funny, but I guess that's because they're pretty neutral.

Syaoran Li said:
I can now probably say that Chaotic is doing better than we thought.

Third. I'm still kind of surprise how well its doing. I still remember people thinking how it would crash and burn. Still, I guess the people who play the game really enjoy it and that's always nice. Good for them and the people who make the game.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
So, um, anyone catch 4Kids TV this weekend? I've got two questions for those who did: a) did they make another 4Kids national anthem and b) what was the 4Kids bonus code for this week?

Shiloh Otter

Anxiety in the house
So, um, anyone catch 4Kids TV this weekend? I've got two questions for those who did: a) did they make another 4Kids national anthem and b) what was the 4Kids bonus code for this week?

A. I don't know for sure, as I only watched the hour of Viva Pinata and some of Dino King and Kirby.

B. Independence.

Light Lucario

Staff member

They didn't make another national anthem. They decided to have some of their characters look and gaze at fireworks instead. As Syaoran Li mentioned, the 4Kids bonus code was independence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Somebody please give me a show that I won't ever regret watching.
Samurai Champloo, $5 on Apple TV. I know the series is 20 years old which is, like, 100 years in anime world, but definitely worth the buy!
I now genuinely want to see Steve Blum voice Kermit in something official. He is spot on.

Sparklefan1234 wrote on Classic Speedy's profile.
I just saw this on Reddit and instantly thought of you. ;)

Least favourite cartoon?

For me it's Poochini, I dislike the torment that Poochini goes through most of the time.

Featured Posts