4Kids Talkback: A New Dawn Begins - The 4Kids Discussion V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bratbat

At this rate, I can see this eclipsing Pokemon as the #1 best-selling CCG a month from now at this point.:shrug:
Personally I would consider that "unintended wishful thinking".

Now even as a fan I don't expect that level of popularity. In fact, I hope it is just very high but not at the top because 4Kids Entertainment needs to learn that not everything has to be an immediate smash hit to be sign of success.

Rahxepy

Now even as a fan I don't expect that level of popularity. In fact, I hope it is just very high but not at the top because 4Kids Entertainment needs to learn that not everything has to be an immediate smash hit to be sign of success.
But you forget Chaotic wasn't a immediate hit..Its been out for a year now..They've been working on it..and Now its building up steam.

Pomegranate

You mean 4Kids' expectations for Chaotic?

I just want 4Kids to either be absorbed by FUNi or start cooking up more genuinely original concepts very soon, because they're usually not very good at handling acquisitions of any kind what so ever.:shrug:

But you forget Chaotic wasn't a immediate hit..Its been out for a year now..They've been working on it..and Now its building up steam.

The CCG was released on Oct. 1, 2007, wasn't it?:confused:

Bratbat

Agree, Chaotic is able to expand well beyond the stories of the show and the cards.

But the company doesn't have single artist of any kind in its higher ranks.

They prefer to have their franchises be monetary legacies rather than artistic legacies.

After all that is the problem with YGO now isn't it?

Light Lucario

Staff member
At this rate, I can see this eclipsing Pokemon as the #1 best-selling CCG a month from now at this point.:shrug:

Are you serious? I don't want to sound rude or anything, but Chaotic overtaking Pokemon's slot at all, let alone a month, sound ridiculous. Chaotic is doing much better than most people here originally thought, but Pokemon is Pokemon. Even at its peak, Yu-Gi-Oh! couldn't overtake Pokemon. I seriously doubt that Chaotic can overtake it in just a month's time. I have a hard time seeing it happening at all. Besides that, Yu-Gi-Oh!, while still fairly popular and successful, has lost its steam of popularity awhile ago.

Pomegranate

Agree, Chaotic is able to expand well beyond the stories of the show and the cards.

But the company doesn't have single artist of any kind in its higher ranks.

They prefer to have their franchises be monetary legacies rather than artistic legacies.

After all that is the problem with YGO now isn't it?

Yeah, it's indeed disheartening that they always tend to rely on licensed/acquired intellectual properties for quick cash.:shrug:

Are you serious? I don't want to sound rude or anything, but Chaotic overtaking Pokemon's slot at all, let alone a month, sound ridiculous. Chaotic is doing much better than most people here originally thought, but Pokemon is Pokemon. Even at its peak, Yu-Gi-Oh! couldn't overtake Pokemon. I seriously doubt that Chaotic can overtake it in just a month's time. I have a hard time seeing it happening at all. Besides that, Yu-Gi-Oh!, while still fairly popular and successful, has lost its steam of popularity awhile ago.

I thought it would be able to eclipse Pokemon as the #1 best-selling CCG very easily in the USA, because of how fast the CCG was growing in popularity and the reported sell-outs are real proof of that.

Shiloh Otter

Anxiety in the house
I thought it would be able to eclipse Pokemon as the #1 best-selling CCG very easily in the USA, because of how fast the CCG was growing in popularity and the reported sell-outs are proof of that.

For Chaotic to even come close to that, Hell would have to freeze over a hundred times first.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Yu-Gi-Oh! was beating Pokémon for three or four years straight, actually. It was just this past year that Pokémon regained its crown. So, I think it's very possible that Chaotic could become the top trading card game relatively soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Undrave

Forever Burning Heart!
Ozone, for someone who hates Chaotic you sure have high expectations for it ><

Yu-Gi-Oh! was beating Pokémon for three or four years straight, actually. It was just this past year that Pokémon regained its crown. So, I think it's very possible that Chaotic could become the top trading card game relatively soon.

The question is...can it keep at it for the long haul? The World of Warcraft TCG had a rather explosive start in some market...but now... I don't really see it getting as much attention...and that franchise was bigger than Chaotic.

I just don't get the appeal of that game... I mean the fact you can play with variable number of monsters sounds interesting on paper, but in practice it means having to design multiple decks, one for each configuration, to be the most effective and be able to handle any challenge... its a bit bothersome.

Pomegranate

Ozone, for someone who hates Chaotic you sure have high expectations for it ><

That's only because I'm fearing for the future of North America's intelligence, as they usually have very horrible tastes in entertainment.:(

The question is...can it keep at it for the long haul? The World of Warcraft TCG had a rather explosive start in some market...but now... I don't really see it getting as much attention...and that franchise was bigger than Chaotic.

I hope not!:shrug:

I just don't get the appeal of that game... I mean the fact you can play with variable number of monsters sounds interesting on paper, but in practice it means having to design multiple decks, one for each configuration, to be the most effective and be able to handle any challenge... its a bit bothersome.

If you're talking about Chaotic, then this is indeed real proof of how horrible the CCG must be, yet it keeps on selling like hotcakes for some mysterious reason that's very difficult to figure out.:shrug:

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Is Chaotic really "selling like hotcakes"? Because I really haven't heard anyone talking about the show outside of 4Kids, and I've never seen any kids playing the card game (mind you, I rarely, if ever, spend time with any kids).

Pomegranate

Is Chaotic really "selling like hotcakes"? Because I really haven't heard anyone talking about the show outside of 4Kids, and I've never seen any kids playing the card game (mind you, I rarely, if ever, spend time with any kids).

Didn't you read any of the reports on how the CCG is performing?:shrug:

Daxdiv

Does this look like the face of mercy?
For Chaotic, I don't think so, but I get bugged more for not having Bakugan game more than Chaotic so... I don't really know. I see alot of them on the shelves in my store, so either I live in an area that doesn't play that much Chaotic, or it really isn't catching on.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Didn't you read any of the reports on how the CCG is performing?:shrug:

Honestly, I haven't, do I have any desire to. Chaotic may be gaining some popularity, but I very much doubt that it will ever become the phenom that you're always predicting/worrying that it will be. I certainly don't think that Maxxor will ever give Mickey Mouse a run for his money. That's prediction is out there with Pluto, quite frankly.

Chaotic will run it's course after another 2 or 3 years and will then be mostly forgotten. That's my prediction. It's harmless.

Pomegranate

Honestly, I haven't, do I have any desire to. Chaotic may be gaining some popularity, but I very much doubt that it will ever become the phenom that you're always predicting/worrying that it will be. I certainly don't think that Maxxor will ever give Mickey Mouse a run for his money. That's prediction is out there with Pluto, quite frankly.

Chaotic will run it's course after another 2 or 3 years and will then be mostly forgotten. That's my prediction. It's harmless.

I think many people thought the very same thing about Power Rangers when it first premiered on Fox Kids in 1993.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
I think many people thought the very same thing about Power Rangers when it first premiered on Fox Kids in 1993.

And what harms is Power Rangers doing now, may I ask? True, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers took the U.S. by storm in the early 90s, but you'll notice that the world didn't come to an end. Power Rangers didn't destroy civilization as we know it, unless you see PR's airing on Toon Disney as the 1st sign of the Apocalypse or something.

Pomegranate

And what harms is Power Rangers doing now, may I ask? True, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers took the U.S. by storm in the early 90s, but you'll notice that the world didn't come to an end. Power Rangers didn't destroy civilization as we know it, unless you see PR's airing on Toon Disney as the 1st sign of the Apocalypse or something.

The phenomenal popularity of Power Rangers would encourage American media companies to adapt various foreign tokus rather than make their own original toku-esque programming and it's really helping Jetix devour Toon Disney whole as well.:(

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
When has America ever made their own tuku shows? Didn't Tokusatsu originate in Japan?

And please, let's not have that "Jetix is destroying Toon Disney" discussion again. That is so tired that it's needs to be tucked and kissed goodnight.

Undrave

Forever Burning Heart!
Holy Lightning Vortex! Do you EVER stop Ozone? Do you like...wake up screaming in the middle of the night to worry about Chaotic destroying America? Do you take breaks at work/school/whatever just so you can hate Chaotic and 4Kids some more?

Sheesh...you put the 'fanatic' meaning back in 'fan'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?
TVLand, CMT, MTV2 (as well as Nickelodeon channels) will be simulcasting Kids Choice Award 2024 according to zap2it!

Featured Posts