4Kids Talkback: A New Dawn Begins - The 4Kids Discussion V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumbo

Look skyward
Hmm...we seem to be burning through these Back to the Sewer episodes rather quickly. After this week, over half the season will have aired already.
Well they are airing the DTV as three episodes, right? So I'm thinking they'll take a break after showing the eighth episode, then come back in the midseason with the last five episodes plus the DTV. That would be an even split.

creativerealms

While I'm glad they are airing the new season quickly problem is it will get to countless reruns quicker (Looks at Spectacular Spiderman)

Burgundy Ranger

Follower of Power Rangers, especially TV listings
The last time I checked, there are still Saturday morning blocks, such as CW4Kids and 4KidsTV and a few other ones. I don't think that Saturday morning cartoon blocks will get the same treatment that they did in the past, at least not without some more promotion or possibly a weekday afternoon slot.
There's ZERO chance of "the same treatment" ever coming back to kids-related programming on OTA network televiison.

Affiliates got everything they wanted from the networks -- weekday afternoons to schedule as they wish (to run programs that will maximize their revenues) and Saturday mornings that fulfill the FCC's E/I requirement so that they don't have to lift a finger in order to address that on their own.

ABC, CBS and NBC will do nothing but be the E/I enablers for their affiliates. If the E/I rule were to ever (don't count on it, though) be revoked, those three hours on Saturday morning will immediately become local news, infomercials or super-cheap syndicated programming.

CyberCubed

Hmm...we seem to be burning through these Back to the Sewer episodes rather quickly. After this week, over half the season will have aired already.

Which points toward the cancellation rumor. They're probably trying to get rid of TMNT as fast as possible to free a slot for their new shows.

And to add insult to injury, they're putting that 1-hour of reruns on earlier just to spite some fans. Sad, really.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Even if TMNT is ending, 4Kids may keep the show on the block with reruns for awhile. They did the same thing with the original Yu-Gi-Oh! after it ended on Kids' WB. They have enough TMNT episodes to last three years, if they aired one episode a week.

CyberCubed

Even if TMNT is ending, 4Kids may keep the show on the block with reruns for awhile. They did the same thing with the original Yu-Gi-Oh! after it ended on Kids' WB. They have enough TMNT episodes to last three years, if they aired one episode a week.

I'd rather the show be removed entirely then to see reruns of a cancelled show on TV. Most of TMNT is already out on DVD boxsets as well as on their site, so I can't see TMNT staying if its cancelled since they have what...like 7 new shows waiting to premier?

And with TMNT gone, there goes the last good American action-cartoon on the CW since Spiderman is leaving too. Very depressing to see all the good superhero shows or action shows go down the drain for short comedy series or anime.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
There'll still be plenty of non-anime action cartoons to go around, like Huntik, Rollbots and Chaotic.

And speaking of Huntik...

'Huntik' Wins 5th Annual MipCom Junior Licensing Challenge

Published: 10/18/2008 08:00pm

The soon-to-be-released animated series Huntik: Secrets & Seekers has won the 5th Annual MipCom Junior Licensing Challenge, an impressive feat for such a new IP. The new action adventure property debuts on The CW4Kids Network on Saturday January 3rd, 2009. The MipCom Junior Licensing Award is given to the best kids’ TV property of the year, as selected by an international panel Judges. Huntik: Secret & Seekers was chosen out of a field of 84 children’s shows (see “Huntik: Secrets & Seekers a Finalist”).

The winner of the MipCom Junior Licensing Challenge is picked on a variety of criteria including the uniqueness of the property, distribution plans, licensing and merchandising potential and suitability for its target audience.

Huntik: Secrets & Seekers is an original adventure property for kids 6-12 in which young Lok Lambert and Dante Vale travel the globe with their group of Seekers, exploring exotic locations and seeking to unlock the ancient secrets of each locale. The Huntik cartoon series was developed through a partnership between Big Bocca Productions, animation studio Rainbow S.p.A., and production company m4e AG. Upper Deck Entertainment was also involved in developing the property by creating a Huntik: Secrets & Seekers trading card game (see “Huntik CCG Due in March”).
Looks like Huntik beat out the remaining 5 competitors at MipCom. Good stuff.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
While I'm glad they are airing the new season quickly problem is it will get to countless reruns quicker (Looks at Spectacular Spiderman)

But that's exactly what I told you would happen before, and you said you didn't care. :sweat:

I'd rather the show be removed entirely then to see reruns of a cancelled show on TV.

So wait, you want an awesome show (despite possibly being cancelled) to get removed from television altogether, possibly permanently?

You sound just like Cartoon Network. :sweat:

Which points toward the cancellation rumor. They're probably trying to get rid of TMNT as fast as possible to free a slot for their new shows.

And to add insult to injury, they're putting that 1-hour of reruns on earlier just to spite some fans. Sad, really.

Don't be a RM. It's better that they're exposing the older episodes to their new audience than just letting them sit around gathering dust.

CyberCubed

So wait, you want an awesome show (despite possibly being cancelled) to get removed from television altogether, possibly permanently?

If there are no new episodes being ordered, then yes. I don't want to see TMNT like Sonic X or Kirby, where the show still airs but there's no new episodes.

It feels tacky, and its an insult to the people who enjoy the show to see reruns of a dead show cancelled before its prime. Besides, anyone who wants to watch the show can pick up 4kids DVDs or watch it on 4kidsTV website.

Don't be a RM. It's better that they're exposing the older episodes to their new audience than just letting them sit around gathering dust.

I'd rather the opposite honestly. What good is exposing older episodes to a new audience if the show is over? I'd rather the show be removed entirely and only be remembered in the TMNT fandom, its not like people cared about it much before.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
If there are no new episodes being ordered, then yes. I don't want to see TMNT like Sonic X or Kirby, where the show still airs but there's no new episodes.

It feels tacky, and its an insult to the people who enjoy the show to see reruns of a dead show cancelled before its prime. Besides, anyone who wants to watch the show can pick up 4kids DVDs or watch it on 4kidsTV website.

I'd rather the opposite honestly. What good is exposing older episodes to a new audience if the show is over? I'd rather the show be removed entirely and only be remembered in the TMNT fandom, its not like people cared about it much before.

When TMNT is done I want it to find a good home on cable where it can air on weekdays from episode 1 to the end of Back to the Sewer and after several runs of that it can once again fade away into obscurity.

CyberCubed

When TMNT is done I want it to find a good home on cable where it can air on weekdays from episode 1 to the end of Back to the Sewer and after several runs of that it can once again fade away into obscurity.

I can't see any place willing to do that and it failed on CN.

In all seriousness, the new TMNT show was just a fanboy tribute to hardcore TMNT fans, and the few new generation of kids watching it, it never made an impact on anyone else.

10 years from now nobody will remember the new show existed, they'll only remember the old one, and only the hardcore TMNT fans will remember it.

I want to see the show last almost 200 episodes but I have a feeling it won't, which is disappointing, since I'll consider the show a failure if it doesn't.

Poweranimals

Invincible

If they were that desperate to free up their timeslots, why would they add more showings?

veemonjosh

Well, Nicktoons could always get it and air it next to their Marvel shows...

Or if "Disney XD" keeps Chaotic, 4Kids might be interesting in giving them the cable rights simply for being the only other channel to air their shows other than their own blocks.

CyberCubed

If they were that desperate to free up their timeslots, why would they add more showings?

Well, has anyone figured out why 4kids is airing an extra 1-hour rerun of TMNT?

Kind of useless to promote a series that might no longer be in production next year, ain't it?

I think its ridiculous for 4kids to air the same show 4 times over two networks and then give it the axe, but I've given up trying to understand what they do a long time ago.

Golfkid

In all seriousness, the new TMNT show was just a fanboy tribute to hardcore TMNT fans, and the few new generation of kids watching it, it never made an impact on anyone else.

10 years from now nobody will remember the new show existed, they'll only remember the old one, and only the hardcore TMNT fans will remember it.

I want to see the show last almost 200 episodes but I have a feeling it won't, which is disappointing, since I'll consider the show a failure if it doesn't.

I agree with how noone will probably remember it. I can see why not getting to 200 episodes would be bad, but they could do it if they got new villians instead of repeating them. I like the show and have seen it from the beginning, but I like it when they don't make "The Shredder" the main villian. I know it's the classic villian and I don't want people to be mad, but I like it when there is someone else.

Golfkid

I don't know how to get a custom avatar. Can anyone explain how to do it? (I'm having trouble)

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
I don't know how to get a custom avatar. Can anyone explain how to do it? (I'm having trouble)

Click on 'User CP' (it's towards the top of the page), then in a column on the left labeled 'Control Panel,' you should see the 'Edit Avatar' option. Choose an URL of an image or an image from your computer and upload away. Keep in mind that the maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 12.0 KB (whichever is smaller).

veemonjosh

Well, has anyone figured out why 4kids is airing an extra 1-hour rerun of TMNT?

Kind of useless to promote a series that might no longer be in production next year, ain't it?

I think its ridiculous for 4kids to air the same show 4 times over two networks and then give it the axe, but I've given up trying to understand what they do a long time ago.

Has it occurred to you that maybe they're trying to get kids hyped up for the 25th anniversary of the Ninja Turtles franchise next year?

While the future of the series looks grim at the moment, there's always the chance that the anniversary hype might pull in enough interest to get a new season made by next fall. Especially if the hype manages to convince WB to finally greenlight the fifth movie.

CyberCubed

Has it occurred to you that maybe they're trying to get kids hyped up for the 25th anniversary of the Ninja Turtles franchise next year?

That's exactly my big problem! They're hyping up the show which make matters worse since the show might be cancelled on its 25th anniversary. How the hell do you celebrate 25 years of Ninja Turtles by cancelling the only cartoon currently on the air? Its almost like a slap in the face. Or a kick in the teeth. All the guys over at thetechnodrome's forums are all pissed off about this as well, and its perfectly understandable why.

TMNT has been a staple of 4kids' lineup since the days of FoxBox, to actually rebrand the show with new designs and then cancel it on its 25th birthday of all things is the most low-down below-the-belt thing they could ever do. If they do that, I'll have lost what little respect for them I have.

While the future of the series looks grim at the moment, there's always the chance that the anniversary hype might pull in enough interest to get a new season made by next fall. Especially if the hype manages to convince WB to finally greenlight the fifth movie.

Yeah, which is what I'm hoping. I guess we'll see. 156 measly episodes doesn't cut it I'm afraid, its the full 200 episodes or nothing. They might as well not have made a show at all then if they weren't willing to follow through with it all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts