4Kids Talkback: A New Dawn Begins - The 4Kids Discussion V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumbo

Look skyward
Please tell me I'm misinterpreting this, and you don't mean Viva Pinata isn't going to be on after they show the new episodes. That will make me incredibly sad.
It isn't known for sure but it looks likely. Huntik, RollBots, and Kamen Rider all need non-E/I timeslots in the midseason, and basically the only candidates to give up their slots are Skunk Fu, Viva Pinata, one of the Chaotics, and maaaaaybe Spectacular Spider-Man if it changes networks - according to Weissman the second season's home is being kept "secret" for now.

Viva Pinata has either 14 or 18 episodes left to air, so that would carry it to the mid-season. There probably won't be a third season since 4Kids and Microsoft are apparently parting ways.

Oh and related to something else you said, I get how Will & Dewitt is educational but how is Magi-Nation? Granted I haven't really watched it so it could be Sesame Street for all I know.
Someone mentioned there's like some political lessons in it or something, but E/I is a pretty loose label anyway.

I'm assuming it's about as educational as Winx Club ;)

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Someone mentioned there's like some political lessons in it or something, but E/I is a pretty loose label anyway.

I'm assuming it's about as educational as Winx Club ;)
Actually it's more like He-Man and The Masters of the Universe and Magical DoReMi in that the children in the series have a series of tests they must go through. While going through this series of tests, they learn character lessons. Sometimes it's about greed, selfishness, etc., but it's always about something they can apply in their lives.

Ricia

Gender confused evil
It isn't known for sure but it looks likely. Huntik, RollBots, and Kamen Rider all need non-E/I timeslots in the midseason, and basically the only candidates to give up their slots are Skunk Fu, Viva Pinata, one of the Chaotics, and maaaaaybe Spectacular Spider-Man if it changes networks - according to Weissman the second season's home is being kept "secret" for now.

Viva Pinata has either 14 or 18 episodes left to air, so that would carry it to the mid-season. There probably won't be a third season since 4Kids and Microsoft are apparently parting ways.

:crying: But...but...no. Are there DVDs? Will there be? *sigh* At least I have 14 to 18 more episodes before the end.

Wait, what's Rollbots?

Justy

Now you see me...now you don't
Actually it's more like He-Man and The Masters of the Universe and Magical DoReMi in that the children in the series have a series of tests they must go through. While going through this series of tests, they learn character lessons. Sometimes it's about greed, selfishness, etc., but it's always about something they can apply in their lives.
There's actually more specific educational material brought up in the show (volcanoes and lava, weather facts, physics, and even battle tactics). It doesn't detract from the show at all, except for a few time when they are supposed to be in battle. The show could easily run in a later timeslot but since they need E/I shows...For the record, Winx Club had NO educational value except for those "life lessons"....

Bratbat

There's actually more specific educational material brought up in the show (volcanoes and lava, weather facts, physics, and even battle tactics). It doesn't detract from the show at all, except for a few time when they are supposed to be in battle. The show could easily run in a later timeslot but since they need E/I shows...For the record, Winx Club had NO educational value except for those "life lessons"....

Oh only if Chaotic actually featured generals and such due to its "fantasy world at war" story.

Then kids can learn the word 'flank'.

Daxdiv

Does this look like the face of mercy?
:crying: But...but...no. Are there DVDs? Will there be? *sigh* At least I have 14 to 18 more episodes before the end.

You could buy the episodes online through Xbox Live MarketPlace. They do have most of the current episodes. Sad that it ending when "Trouble in Paradise" is coming out early September.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
‘Chaotic Tins’ On the Way

Will Appear in TRU First

August 25, 2008

Chaotic USA will release a collectible tin product for its popular Chaotic TCG (see “'Chaotic TCG' Sales up in Q2”). The tins come in four different colors, one for each of the four tribes in the game (OverWorlders, UnderWorlders, Mipedians, and Danians). Each tin contains five booster packs -- one from Dawn of Perim and two each from the Zenith of the Hive and Silent Sands sets -- along with two super-rare cards, one specific to the tin and one of six random cards.

Each case of 12 tins will contain 12 scanners, as seen in the TV show, that can be combined with the tin’s deck case to contain and display a 48-card army. One in 20 scanners will contain one of six ultra-rare cards, and any fan lucky enough to accumulate four of the ultra-rares will be able to upload their codes to the Chaotic web site to obtain an exclusive online promotional card. The tins will arrive in stores in October and carry an MSRP of $19.95.

In a reversal of its normal release pattern, in which Chaotic booster packs have been available in the hobby market before coming out in mass (see “Hobby to Get 90 Days on 'Chaotic'”), the tins, which the manufacturer views as a mass product, will be available for sale first to Toys R Us with release to the hobby channel to follow. Different ultra-rares will be offered in the products for the different channels (hobby and mass), giving hardcore players and collectors a reason to buy from both sources.
So the tins come with Chaotic scanners that act as deck holders? That's pretty sweet.

Final K6-11 Ratings for Saturday, August 16, 2008 Broadcast Networks only (Live + SD Data):
Source: Disney Research from Nielsen Media Research Data
FOX (4Kids TV)
0.9/5 Avg. (8a-12n)
Di-Gata Defenders 0.5/4; Biker Mice From Mars 0.8/5; TMNT 0.9/5; TMNT 1.1/5; Sonic X 1.0/5; Dinosaur King 1.0/5; Kirby 1.0/4; Winx Club 1.0/5
CW (Kids' WB!)
0.7/4 Avg. (7a-12p)
Will & DeWitt 0.2/2; Magi Nation 0.3/3; Tom and Jerry Tales 1.0/6; Tom and Jerry Tales 0.7/4; Spectacular Spider-Man 1.0/5; Chaotic 0.8/3; Chaotic 0.6/3; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 0.6/3; Yu-Gi-Oh GX 0.7/3; Yu-Gi-Oh GX 0.8/4
ABC
0.7/3 Avg. (9a-1p)
The Emperor's New School 0.3/2; The Replacements 0.4/2; That's So Raven 0.5/3; That's So Raven 0.6/3; Hannah Montana 1.0/5; Suite Life of Zack & Cody 1.3/6; Power Rangers Jungle Fury 0.6/3; Power Rangers Jungle Fury 0.7/4

LOL, Biker Mice beat Tom & Jerry.

DinoQueen13

Life is Now or Never
FYI, DinoQueen, mentioning copyrighted YouTube material isn't the best idea here. The higher ups aren't too fond of it.

Anyway, what 4Kids is doing to Dinosaur King isn't really different from what they did to Sonic X. They make each season approximately the same number of episodes. In the U.S., it's more common to do that then have a show with an unequal number of episodes per season.

I agree they should dub Pterosauria Legends, though. Heh, I wouldn't be surprised if censorship was tighter for that. There's a lot of questionable material in the season for a Saturday morning cartoon.

It's not a specific spoiler, but I tagged it just in case:
There's a lot more physical human fighting (like humans actually punching one another), as well as more firearms, and of course, lots and lots of fanservice. The atmosphere of the show is basically the same, though.
I know. But where else can you find uneditted Dinosaur king videos? (Not Veoh, they deleted the Dinosaur King and Pterosauria Legend episodes)

Is it me or will Pterosauria Legends end with only 30 episodes? That's quite short for a series, I thought that Seth's story should continue:sweat: Poor guy he's always looked down on.

Pterosauria Legends does have more fanservice, especially Ursula (but what can you expect from her?) Not all too much violence, especially if you're punching a robot made of gel and doesn't like salt.:sweat: Those Gel Jarks (the Zanjarks robots) would definitely stay away from me because I add salt to almost everything.:yawn: Enough of my off-topic ranting, I'm guessing that 4Kids TV will dub Pterosauria Legends. *sarcasim* Just can't wait to see what Jark will be singing.:rolleyes:

Does anyone know where I can read the Dinosaur King manga? I've been looking EVERYWHERE and they never have it.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
On Cw 4Kids, It's clear they're moving from Fox to CW. 4Kids TV announcers are now replacing Kids WB ones. Viva Pinata, TMNT BTTS, Dinosaur King are all coming. However, they're having a sweepstake to give out 1 of 300 DVD's of the Spectacular Spider-Man Attack of The Lizard. This indicates to me that 4Kids has picked up Spidey.:D

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
However, they're having a sweepstake to give out 1 of 300 DVD's of the Spectacular Spider-Man Attack of The Lizard. This indicates to me that 4Kids has picked up Spidey.:D

Really? Did they advertise the sweepstakes last weekend on the CW4Kids?

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
4KIDS ENTERTAINMENT DEBUTS NEW EPISODES OF POPULAR ANIMATED PROPERTY DINOSAUR KING AT MIPCOM 2008

NEW YORK (August 26, 2008) – 4Kids Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE:KDE) has set MIPCOM 2008 for the premiere of 26 all-new half-hour episodes of Dinosaur King, it was announced today by Brian Lacey, Executive Vice President, International.

The global broadcast line-up for the top-rated Dinosaur King series includes Mediaset (Italy), RTL2 (Germany), France 3 (France), Canal J (France), TV2 (Denmark), TV4 (Sweden), MTV 3 (Finland), TVI (Portugal), LNK (Lithuania), Neljas (Estonia), Jetix (UK, Scandinavia, Spain and Latin America), MNET (South Africa) and YTV (Canada) among many others. New markets expected to close at MIPCOM include the UK, Ireland, Australia and a number of central European countries, according to Lacey.

In the U.S., Dinosaur King airs Saturday mornings in the 4KidsTV block on FOX, where it has earned strong ratings in the kids’ 6-11 demo since its September 2007 premiere.

In addition, the Dinosaur King property will be supported with a video game, a trading card game and an extensive toy line, all expected to roll out in Spring 2009.

The fantasy adventure series, a compelling combination of traditional cel and CGI animation, chronicles the adventures of Max, Rex and Zoe, known as the “D Team,” who race around the world to uncover secrets that bring dinosaurs back to life. The biggest challenge for the three young heroes in this unforgettable global race is to find all the dinosaur cards before the nefarious Alpha Gang. Set in the present time, Max, Rex and Zoe are able to transport themselves anywhere in the world to hunt down the coveted cards that have been lost by the time-traveling Dr. Z and his bumbling team of bad guys.

At MIPCOM, 4Kids Entertainment will be located at booth # R31.21.

So I guess that confirms that new episodes of Dinosaur King are on the way (though it's strange that they say 26 episodes when there are only 23 left before Pterosauria Legends).

Light Lucario

Staff member
So I guess that confirms that new episodes of Dinosaur King are on the way (though it's strange that they say 26 episodes when there are only 23 left before Pterosauria Legends).

I thought that they had 26 episodes aired as season one, which would be half of the first fifty-two episodes before Pterosauria Legends started. Maybe I mixed up how many episodes they've aired with something else.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
I thought that they had 26 episodes aired as season one, which would be half of the first fifty-two episodes before Pterosauria Legends started. Maybe I mixed up how many episodes they've aired with something else.

The original Dinosaur King series is 49 episodes (so the first season should be 26 episodes, and the second season should have 23), while Pterosauria Legends is 30 episodes. Don't ask me why they choose those numbers.

Light Lucario

Staff member
The original Dinosaur King series is 49 episodes (so the first season should be 26 episodes, and the second season should have 23), while Pterosauria Legends is 30 episodes. Don't ask me why they choose those numbers.

For some reason, I thought that the original Dinosaur King series was 52 episodes. Most of the seasons of anime that I've seen usually have the same number of episodes, or at least close enough. I guess that I mixed it up with something else after all. My mistake.

mumbo

Look skyward
There were some new commercials for the fall lineups of 4Kids TV and the CW4Kids this morning, and the CW4Kids one mentioned GOGOriki and showed some really brief clips of the show in the montage. Will and Dewitt was mentioned in the commerical but Magi-Nation wasn't, so it looks like GOGOriki may show up on Sept 13 after all. We'll find out soon anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So, lemme get this straight. VA's have gone on strike protesting AI replicating their voices, and SAG-AFTRA signs a partnership deal with Narrativ? Apparently this is the second time SAG-AFTRA has done something like this.
Toonsylvania is a hidden gem from the late 90s, A real shame that the show hasn't been recognized since the early 2000s.
25 years ago today! Fox Kids introduced the United States to Digimon , the anime. Happy American 25th anniversary to it!
I think The Cramp Twins, the TV series, is set in the Southeastern USA. Not just because of the swamp, they also drink root beer floats too (not at A&W but at Western-themed places).

The irony is that us Europeans don't like root beer and root beer floats

Featured Posts