4Kids Talkback: The Madness Ends Here - The 4Kids Discussion V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Why would you want 4K!ds to get Spiderman? They'd air it early in the morning just like KidsWB is doing. Cartoon Network would actually air it at a time when it's feasible to watch.

Well, some of us actually get up before 11 on Saturday mornings. Besides...Cartoon Network only airs action programming in prime time one night a week now.

And yes, Hika Yagami, 4Kids has strange dubbing habits. I enjoyed reading you're thoughts, though... :)

Daxdiv

Does this look like the face of mercy?
I'm curious as to what the rating are going to be for this week since every basic channel I watched had the Pope doing a cermon in a mass at around 9:00 AM. It sort of ruined what I wanted to watch.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Why would you want 4K!ds to get Spiderman? They'd air it early in the morning just like KidsWB is doing. Cartoon Network would actually air it at a time when it's feasible to watch.

Not everyone has cable you know. I want CN to get the reruns at least but having a network broadcast home is good for the series.

Daxdiv

Those people need to drink more on Friday night.

But there are some people who need to get up early for a part-time job on Saturday, which really doesn't leave one with drinking more on Fridays, maybe some late night Xbox Live, but no resulting hangover on a very busy day.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
April 23, 2008

The RAF is 90!

Major Celebrations and 4Sight Licensing Solutions International Campaign Leads New Product Launches in RAF Anniversary Year

2008 marks the 90th anniversary of the Royal Air Force, and, according to 4Sight Licensing Solutions International (a subsidiary of New York-based 4Kids Entertainment, Inc.), which represent the merchandising rights to the RAF property, this promises to be the most high profile year for the brand to date. An anticipated increase in activity by RAF licensees and commercial partners, along with official events and celebrations commemorating this milestone in the history of this widely respected arm of the UK Armed Forces, are all expected to result in a dramatic increases in RAF brand awareness this year.

The RAF licensing and merchandising program has been growing in momentum since its introduction to the trade in October 2004. The launch was followed by a brand immersion day for potential licensees and retail partners at RAF Hendon and, just like the Chinook helicopter that was the centerpiece of the event, this highly respected brand quickly took off.

A Days with the Red Arrows charity event, which was awarded as a prize at the September 2006 UK Licensing Awards and a NATO refueling exercise, which key RAF licensees and retailers were invited to observe in December of that year, further underscored the unique emotive appeal of the RAF brand. In less than three years the licensing and merchandising program has attracted over 25 licensees covering such diverse areas as toys, apparel, publishing, men's gifts and collectibles.

Among the biggest successes of the program so far have been the RAF Clothing Collection clothing range which was launched in May 2007, offering nightwear, leisurewear, underwear, knitwear and outerwear for men, ladies and children and the hugely successful RAF Spitfire Manual, launched by publisher Haynes in September 2007 and now in its second printing.

RAF collectibles and giftware have also mae a major impact. In fact, Debenhams, the first major high street retailer to offer RAF product, had such a positive response to its exclusive range of giftware stocked in the run-up to Christmas 2007 that it has placed a second order and extended SKU for the coming year. This year's selection will include an RC Spitfire, Red Arrows Meccano set, a mug and sock set, as well as a range of die cast models.

There's no doubt that since the launch of the licensing and merchandising program the RAF name has made a big impact on the market. But in this anniversary year, its profile will be climbing higher in tandem with ongoing initiatives from 4Sight, the Ministry of Defense, and the Central Office of Information.

Official anniversary events, such as the HRH Duke of Edinburgh-hosted dinner at RAF Hendon for key dignitaries, a 90th anniversary concert at the NEC Birmingham and a Red Arrows and Typhoon Flypast along the Thames on April 1st with coverage on BBC's The One Show, has helped to keep awareness high, while a number of licensees have launched bespoke 90th anniversary product.

The Royal Mint has launched the Royal Air Force Silver Proof Coin Collection, a superb set of 18 coins in sterling silver, while the Bradford Group, a supplier of quality collectibles, is offering a limited edition 90th Anniversary Mens' Chronograph, a 90th Anniversary Clock, and the RAF 90th Anniversary Ultimate Collection, a series of fact cards and collectible RAF memorabilia.

Slow Dazzle, a leading publisher of quality licensed and creative calendars, has launched the already hugely successful 90th anniversary calendar, and of course the RAF Clothing Collection, whose new catalog launched in February, will be on sale and on show at 80 days of outdoor events this year including air show, country fairs and horse trials across the UK. From March, the range can also be found at Heathrow Terminal 5 Glorious Britain stores both landside and, appropriately, air side.

And now the RAF brand is spreading its wings and moving beyond the UK, with France, a highly fashion driven market, leading the way. MJA Licensing, one of the country's newest and most dynamic agents, is licensing the RAF brand in France and has already signed two RAF licensees. Sorditex International will be offering RAF-branded children's flip-flops, training shoes and slippers, as well as junior walker's shoes leather sport shoes. Marketing Licensed Products, meanwhile, will produce RAF T-shirts, sweatshirts and pajamas.

As interest grows, even more territories are coming on board, notably Italy, where 4Kids is in the process of signing an agent for the RAF brand in that country.

"The RAF is a respected name known to people the world over," said Stephen Gould, Co-Managing Director of 4Kids Entertainment International. "It's no surprise that licensing of the brand has probed to be such a great success in such a short time. With the continuing high profile of the name and the boost to awareness brought about by the ninetieth anniversary of the RAF, we only expect this unique brand extension to go from strength to strength."
Hmm, seems like 4Kids is more excited about RAF's anniversary than TMNT's.

May 3rd, 2008
08:00 AM Viva Pinata - My Pal Langston; Snail's Pace
08:30 AM Viva Pinata - Hudson on Hudson; Horstachios
09:00 AM Chaotic - The CodeMaster Chronicles: Part I
09:30 AM Chaotic - The CodeMaster Chronicles: Part II
10:00 AM Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Enter the Dragons: Part II (NEW)
10:30 AM Dinosaur King - Tanks a Lot!
11:00 AM Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - What Lies Beneath: Part II (NEW)
11:30 AM Winx Club - Mirror of Truth

Lots of two-parters airing this morning, including the finale of the turtles' lost season. Think we'll go back to Fast Forward the following week?

collector_cliff

Noob Saibot
Lots of two-parters airing this morning, including the finale of the turtles' lost season. Think we'll go back to Fast Forward the following week?

Probably, I was always thinking the Lost Episodes were going to be a one time deal, but I guess we will soon see.

A member of the 4Kids Forums was asking about the future of the Winx Club and a moderator hinted at 4Kids picking up a new series "by the creators of Winx Club" anyone want to take a stab as to what this could be? I'm guessing it's Huntik.

4KidsTV Administrator said:
Unfortunately there is not going to be a season four. The movie, which we are hoping will be released here in the US, is the conclusion of the series. However, we are hoping to get a new series created by the creators of Winx Club for the fall so stay tuned for that.

Pomegranate

Why is 4Kids attempting to snag another 3rd-party program:shrug: ? Shouldn't Chaotic's ever-growing success be more than enough to last them for quite a while?

collector_cliff

Noob Saibot
sarcasm,

Why is 4Kids attempting to snag another 3rd-party program:shrug: ? Shouldn't Chaotic's ever-growing success be more than enough to last them for quite a while?

sarcasm free reply: Because they can't use Chaotic to fill 9-hours of programming and I don't think they have that many shows with new episodes avalible to them right now (that we know of that is) Chaotic, Dinosaur King, YugiohGX, Yugioh 5Ds and TMNT:BttS + maybe whatever shows they might be keeping from the current KidsWB! line-up but how many of them have a full season worth of new episodes yet to be aired?

Goldstar!

What up, dog?

"Ever growing success"? Seriously?

But to answer your question, my guess is because 4Kids knows that they can't build an entire schedule on 1 show alone and that they can't just show the same programs over and over until the end of time.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Here are trailers for Huntik and for Tommy & Oscar.

Huntik definitely looks like it has potential to be a great action show, so hopefully 4Kids picks it up. And I can easily see Tommy & Oscar airing alongside Rocket Monkeys if they get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daxdiv

Here are trailers for Huntix and for Tommy & Oscar.

Huntix definitely looks like it has potential to be a great action show, so hopefully 4Kids picks it up. And I can easily see Tommy & Oscar airing alongside Rocket Monkeys if they get it.

I can actually see both of them airing... though I wish more for Huntix than Tommy and Oscar for some reason. Since action shows seem to work more on a Saturday than comedies now.

Pomegranate

sarcasm free reply: Because they can't use Chaotic to fill 9-hours of programming and I don't think they have that many shows with new episodes avalible to them right now (that we know of that is) Chaotic, Dinosaur King, YugiohGX, Yugioh 5Ds and TMNT:BttS + maybe whatever shows they might be keeping from the current KidsWB! line-up but how many of them have a full season worth of new episodes yet to be aired?

But to answer your question, my guess is because 4Kids knows that they can't build an entire schedule on 1 show alone and that they can't just show the same programs over and over until the end of time.

They could just make original programming of their own, couldn't they?

"Ever growing success"? Seriously?

Okay, I should've just said "increasing success" instead:sweat: , but Chaotic Game's registered online card count did jump from 2 mil. to 11 mil. in only like 2 months, so that should've shocked some of you guys, didn't it?

Judging from the trailers, I say Huntix looks like a good action toon, while Tommy & Oscar is hopefully a great comedy! I want Huntix to give CN some variety it really needs and Tommy & Oscar is definitely a good fit for Qubo or Kewlopolis.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Judging from the trailers, I say Huntix looks like a good action toon, while Tommy & Oscar is hopefully a great comedy! I want Huntix to give CN some variety it really needs and Tommy & Oscar is definitely a good fit for Qubo or Kewlopolis.

Bah, Qubo and KEWLopolis? Shows that land on those blocks are doomed from the start.

Anyway, more news around the world from 4Kids:

4Kids Entertainment inks deals with partners to represent its properties across Eastern Europe, South Africa, France and Germany.

• [*]4Kids expands its relationship with Kidz Entertainment/EEMC, which will now license Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, including the 25th anniversary effort for the property and the new TMNT retro program for 2009, throughout Eastern Europe. Additionally, Kidz takes on The Dog and The Cat photography properties.
    [*]In South Africa Character Licensing and Marketing (CLM), which already represents TMNT in the market, will add Monster Jam and Cabbage Pact Kids brands to its roster for the region.
    [*]In France, MJA Licensing will represent The Dog and The Cat photography.
    [*]In Germany, m4e (made for entertainment) will represent Dinosaur King.

Light Lucario

Staff member

Chaotic may be successful right now, but it isn't growing so high that they can't even consider getting another program. It would be a horrible move on their part to just depend on one show for all of their money and virtually ignored everything else that they have.

Anyway, judging by the trailers, I'm definitely hoping that 4Kids gets Huntik more than Tommy and Oscar. Huntik does have some great animation and the artwork and character designs seriously remind me of W.I.T.C.H. I also think that if they're going to label the new series as "from the creators of the Winx Club," it would be better to go with Huntik anyway since it seems to have roots in magical powered kids, thus making sense to relating it to Winx Club somewhat more than Tommy and Oscar.

Besides that, the designs of Tommy and Oscar, not to mention the horribly annoying theme song, gives me an E/I cartoon vibe more than a comedy cartoon. They could go with either one, but I'm really hoping for Huntik at this point.

It is interesting that 4Kids is still showing interest in Winx Club. I guess that being so popular on their website would do that. I wonder when they plan to release the movie out on DVD, with the small possibility of it airing on 4KidsTV at one point.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Hmm, doesn't seem like the Pope did too much damage.

Final K6-11 Ratings for Saturday, April 19, 2008 Broadcast Networks only (Live + SD Data):

ABC 1.0/5
CW (Kids' WB!) 0.9/5
FOX (4Kids TV) 0.9/4

7:00 AM
Will & Dewitt 0.4 (KWB)

7:30 AM
Magi Nation 0.7 (KWB)

8:00 AM
Skunk Fu! 0.9 (KWB)
Viva Pinata 0.5 (4Kids)

8:30 AM
Tom & Jerry Tales 1.1 (KWB)
Viva Pinata 1.0 (4Kids)

9:00 AM
Tom and Jerry Tales 1.3 (KWB)
Chaotic 1.1 (4Kids)
The Emperor's New School 0.5 (ABC)

9:30 AM
Spectacular Spider-Man 1.2 (KWB)
Chaotic 1.1 (4Kids)
The Replacements 0.9 (ABC)

10:00 AM
TMNT 1.1 (4Kids)
Spectacular Spider-Man 1.1 (KWB)
That's So Raven 1.1 (ABC)

10:30 AM
That's So Raven 1.3 (ABC)
Dinosaur King 0.9 (4Kids)
World of Quest 0.5 (KWB)

11:00 AM
Hannah Montana 1.7 (ABC)
Johnny Test 0.9 (KWB)
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX 0.7 (4Kids)

11:30 AM
The Suite Life of Zack and Cody 1.6 (ABC)
Winx Club 0.6 (4Kids)
Eon Kid 0.5 (KWB)

12:00 PM
Power Rangers Jungle Fury 0.6 (ABC)

12:30 PM
Power Rangers Jungle Fury 0.4 (ABC)

Interesting how all three shows airing at 10 am tied up like that...

Daxdiv

Well looks like the pope didn't do as much damage as I thought it did, despite him blocking all the good shows, basically 9:00AM-12:00PM on my time zone. Though I am amazed at 10 spot having equal rating, and Spidey was a repeat IIRC, I know Raven is, and TMNT was new. If anything, I thought that would have made TMNT the winner for the week.

CyberCubed

The whole New York area didn't get 4kids that day, so that's why TMNT might be lower than it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm

Featured Posts