4Kids Talkback: The Madness Ends Here - The 4Kids Discussion V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Eww...

Calling All Adrenaline Project Fans

Many of you have emailed us asking how you can be a part of the Adrenaline Project, well now we have your answer!

The producers of the show are seeking 120 contestants for the second season of the action-packed teen reality series.

If you feel you have what it takes to be the next Adrenaline Project winner, then visit theadrenalineproject.com/casting. Plus you can watch past episodes, download wallpapers, and check out other cool stuff.
Damn it, looks like The Adrenaline Project will be returning in the fall. I honestly don't see why 4Kids keeps the show around, since it's not profitable in any way.

Or maybe 4Kids will be nice and make it available exclusively online...

Daxdiv

Does this look like the face of mercy?
Damn it, looks like The Adrenaline Project will be returning in the fall. I honestly don't see why 4Kids keeps the show around, since it's not profitable in any way.

Or maybe 4Kids will be nice and make it available exclusively online...

This is actually the one show I want to either air early or at 11:30 due to the fact that I'll either be leaving for work, or still sleeping from late-night gaming.

I find AP to be the worst waste of air space, ever. They could use that slot to bring back a show they haven't aired in a while. Infact I think I prefer the time that Hulk Hogan had somesort of mini-series at 11:30. But I still would watch AP over some sort of show they used to have, I think it was supposed to be somesort of thing I would see on VH1 or something like that.

Undrave

Forever Burning Heart!
Adrenaline Project is all YTV's fault! Why do they insist on such piece of slag?!

For the two slot with the worse ratings (8 AM and 11:30) they should jsutu se older shows. 8 AM show either Fighting Foodons, Shaman King or Ultimate Muscle and 11:30 keep Win'X Club or, when the season ends, re-run Doremi, both with an E/I sticker on to fullfill quotas.

There! Bad ratings but cheaper to endure.

Rolling Cloud

...too early....
Zap2it had titles up, so I filled in the slots.

May 17th, 2008
08:00 AM Viva Pinata - Fudge Match; Hudson's Holiday
08:30 AM Viva Pinata - Hudson Tells All; Langston's Jameleon Cousins
09:00 AM Chaotic - A Flux Too Far
09:30 AM Chaotic - Chaotic Crisis
10:00 AM Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - A Better Mousetrap
10:30 AM Dinosaur King - Rubble Trouble
11:00 AM Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - The Forbidden Ritual: Part 1 (NEW)
11:30 AM Winx Club - The Mermaid Queen

[strike]Season 1[/strike] TMNT sounds like a good plan, beats Fast Forward.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonic_Eclipse

Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
Season 1 TMNT sounds like a good plan, beats Fast Forward.
Is it season 1? I'm pretty sure the promo I saw last week called it "The Best of TMNT", so it would be a mix of episodes during the summer.

CyberCubed

4kids is airing a "best of TMNT" run throughout the summer. The eps they're starting this Saturday are Season 1 but they're skipping around to showcase most of the Shredder fights.

So they're not re-airing an entire season, just the most important eps of each season as they go along.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
4kids is airing a "best of TMNT" run throughout the summer. The eps they're starting this Saturday are Season 1 but they're skipping around to showcase most of the Shredder fights.

So they're not re-airing an entire season, just the most important eps of each season as they go along.

According to ninjaturtles.com, 4Kids will be airing primarily season one episodes throughout the summer, not episodes from all seasons. But you're right, they will be skipping a good amount of those season one episodes..

CyberCubed

Yeah, they're mostly airing the major Shredder fights from Season 1 aside from the Notes of the Underground arc. Even though its not listed there I think they may air some of the Season 2 and 3 Shredder fights too.

I imagine this is their way of re-introducing the Turtles early adventures to the kids who either missed them the first time or to remind them of what happened as they gear up for Season 7.

I don't know if it was mentioned here yet but the Lost Season episodes are going to be up on 4kidsTV one every Friday according to the site. Good news for anyone who missed an ep since they probably won't re-air on TV.

PC!

lolwut?
Eh, Adrenaline Project returning for another season doesn't bother me. At least it's on at the very end of the block instead of in the middle.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Helen Round is named International marketing and Communications Manager, 4Kids Entertainment International. Reporting to Charlotte Hill, Sr. International marketing and Communications Manager, Round will manage 4Kids' brands and agents across a number of EMEA territories including Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Benelux, Portugal, Turkey, Israel, the Middle East, and Africa. Prior to this Round toiled as a marketing executive for MTV Networks International's Emerging Markets division. Previously, she was Promotions Manager at Sony Music in Switzerland, and Head of Acquisitions for a privately owned Swiss national TV company.

Final K6-11 Ratings for Saturday, May 3, 2008
Broadcast Networks only

CW (Kids' WB!) 1.1/6 Avg.
FOX (4Kids TV) 1.0/5 Avg.
ABC 0.9/4 Avg.

7:00 AM
Will & Dewitt 0.3 (KWB)

7:30 AM
Magi Nation 0.5 (KWB)

8:00 AM
Skunk Fu! 0.9 (KWB)
Viva Pinata 0.5 (4Kids)

8:30 AM
Tom & Jerry Tales 1.4 (KWB)
Viva Pinata 1.0 (4Kids)

9:00 AM
Tom and Jerry Tales 1.8 (KWB)
Chaotic 1.1 (4Kids)
The Emperor's New School 0.6 (ABC)

9:30 AM
Spectacular Spider-Man 1.7 (KWB)
Chaotic 1.3 (4Kids)
The Replacements 0.5 (ABC)

10:00 AM
Spectacular Spider-Man 1.6 (KWB)
TMNT 1.2 (4Kids)
That's So Raven 0.8 (ABC)

10:30 AM
That's So Raven 1.2 (ABC)
World of Quest 1.0 (KWB)
Dinosaur King 0.9 (4Kids)

11:00 AM
Hannah Montana 1.5 (ABC)
Johnny Test 1.3 (KWB)
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX 0.9 (4Kids)

11:30 AM
The Suite Life of Zack and Cody 1.4 (ABC)
Eon Kid 0.9 (KWB)
Winx Club 0.7 (4Kids)

12:00 PM
Power Rangers Jungle Fury 0.6 (ABC)

12:30 PM
Power Rangers Jungle Fury 0.9 (ABC)

The Tom & Jerry and Spider-Man double showings continue to blow away the competition.

stock2ol6.png

This week in stocks...well, it started out decently for 4Kids, but now they pretty much lost all the momentum they had from last week. The final price this week is $8.24, while last week's was $9.32.

CyberCubed

Just curious, but for how many more Saturday's will KidsWB exist for? 4kids is going to take over the block at the end of May, right?

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Just curious, but for how many more Saturday's will KidsWB exist for? 4kids is going to take over the block at the end of May, right?

Well, the original promo said May 24th, but last week, they didn't air that promo at all. They just said "Very soon, this kids network will change its name to CW4Kids." Plus 4Kids hasn't made any official announcement on either their corporate website or at 4Kids.tv, so I guess it might be later than sooner.

CyberCubed

I see. Its just that those Spiderman ratings have become so good that whoever gets this show is going to be fairly happy. If this show came out a couple of years ago KidsWb would have had a real hit on their hands, its kind of ironic they get such a popular show as they're about to meet their demise.

And yeah, I know I basically say the same thing about Spiderman every week but I'm just interested in where it ends up, that's all.

I can see either CN airing it in a 1-hour block with the new Wolverine and X-men cartoon for a "Marvel Hour" or 4kids airing a 1-hour block of it and TMNT together.

I'm just happy to see Spiderman have a successful cartoon again. The fact that its been well-written so far is a plus as well.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Spider-Man is doing well, but even if it had premiered a year or two ago, it wouldn't have been enough to save the block. Back in September, Tom & Jerry Tales was getting over 2.0s on a weekly basis, but Warner still sold Kids' WB anyway.

By the way, Wolverine and the X-Men will air on Nicktoons Network, not CN.

Light Lucario

Staff member
So they're going to bring back The Adrenaline Project for a second season? In a way, I'm surprised that 4Kids would waste their time with that show. I know that they need an E/I requirement show for their block, but why not choose something else that will be actually taken as at least decent? I also know that they don't care much about ratings, but the Adrenaline Project has always done so horribly bad. Oh well. That's their choice. At least it is at the end of the block where I don't watch anything else.

I'm glad that they're going with some TMNT episodes. I was hoping for them to just go through the first season or two, rather than skipping episodes, but this works too. At the very least it beats Fast Forward. I'm also glad that they'll be keeping at least new GX episodes going for the block. As I've mentioned before, I really do hope that they continue doing that for at least until the end of season three.

Burgundy Ranger

Follower of Power Rangers, especially TV listings
Well, the original promo said May 24th, but last week, they didn't air that promo at all. They just said "Very soon, this kids network will change its name to CW4Kids." Plus 4Kids hasn't made any official announcement on either their corporate website or at 4Kids.tv, so I guess it might be later than sooner.

And, to add another piece to the puzzle, TZ just received schedules for the first two Saturdays of June and ... it's the same ol' Kids WB lineup they have now. :confused:

Draft

Probably they still have the rights to air the eps until Sept

However, they might've gotten all the rights, but that's very doubtful and if so most of it will be replaced

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
And, to add another piece to the puzzle, TZ just received schedules for the first two Saturdays of June and ... it's the same ol' Kids WB lineup they have now. :confused:

From what I recall hearing, 4Kids won't be doing anything until the summer, which is when TMNT and GX will begin airing as a way to transition.

Linkpre

Just a Guy
I can't believe that the Kids WB brand ends today. I've watched it since early 1998 and I have many great memories of waking up to Men In Black, Batman, and Pokemon. I also believe that the current version of Kids WB was just as good with The Batman, TOM & Jerry, Spiderman, Magi-Nation and many others.

While it looks like the show will stay the same, I will miss the Kids WB name. It was one of the better Saturday Morning blocks in my opininon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts