"Avengers: Doomsday" Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Call me crazy. But the last two were Infinity War and Endgame in that order. This set is ??? and Secret Wars. So just call this one some term that is the opposite of Endgame.

the greenman

Honestly, if they're doing Wonder Man the series, he should be the villain in Avengers 5. Simon Williams origin.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
This is pretty stupid. The reason QuANTuMANia failed wasn't because of Kang it's the story that's bad. I thought Kang was a cool villain but for him losing at the end makes your big bad look pretty weak. I don't see why recasting is so hard but instead of working smarter let's work harder.
Yeah, beaten by ants really... I just tell myself he was an exiled variant that got a little rusty and wasn't at full tilt. Agreed, they don't need to second guess. I would be fine with the original Kang being a different actor and all the variants look like Majors. Loki show established other actors can play a character's variants. Original Kang shows up in this 2 parter, culls his variants, fights the heroes, is way tougher because he's the... original, has some plan to accomplish that requires getting his variants and these heroes off the board, done and print.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, beaten by ants really... I just tell myself he was an exiled variant that got a little rusty and wasn't at full tilt. Agreed, they don't need to second guess. I would be fine with the original Kang being a different actor and all the variants look like Majors. Loki show established other actors can play a character's variants. Original Kang shows up in this 2 parter, culls his variants, fights the heroes, is way tougher because he's the... original, has some plan to accomplish that requires getting his variants and these heroes off the board, done and print.
They started strong with HWR in Loki but they should've had him introduced in a proper Avengers movie and not...Ant-Man.

(And I love Ant-Man).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
They started strong with HWR in Loki but they should've had him introduced in a proper Avengers movie and not...Ant-Man.
Probably the only other relevant movie they could have introduced him briefly would be Multiverse of Madness but there already was so much going on in that one (maybe an end tag could have worked), Deadpool & Wolverine, or Fantastic Four (but that'd be way late to intro him).

I doubt it but still wonder does Pedro Pascal's casting as Mister Fantastic influence who they will pick for Kang.

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy

(And I love Ant-Man).
I feel like it could’ve work if Kang actually won (personally I feel like Scott and Hank dying could’ve gotten the job done and maybe Hope since I feel she doesn’t have that much to do anymore). Really could’ve served as a good motivator for Cassie and would make Kang actually scary plus it would be a nice change of pace from the goofyness of Phase Four

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I feel like it could’ve work if Kang actually won (personally I feel like Scott and Hank dying could’ve gotten the job done and maybe Hope since I feel she doesn’t have that much to do anymore). Really could’ve served as a good motivator for Cassie and would make Kang actually scary plus it would be a nice change of pace from the goofyness of Phase Four
True, then Scott wouldn't have stupidly shrugged off the notion of telling the other Avengers about Kang. I was really thinking Hank, Janet, and/or Hope was gonna get killed off to emphasize the threat of Kang. Thanos was pretty much the behind-the-scenes Emperor until Infinity War. I figured they were going to go the opposite route and have the Kangs being the opposite but that's looking unlikely, just an end boss to the saga.

Last Spider

Arachnid Dude
This idea that Kang could only be a threat if he killed off the entire Ant-Man family is so boring and cliche and it'd just be the same thing the comics do where they ignore any development or growth the characters have or could have just to make them fodder for the next threat, it's lame.
And what goofyness are you even talking about? Phase 4 was like the darkest phase of the MCU, like the last Phase 4 movie was Wakanda Forever and that's literally all about grief and loss.
The only outlier would be Thor Love and Thunder, and maybe Shang-Chi.
Yeah, beaten by ants really... I just tell myself he was an exiled variant that got a little rusty and wasn't at full tilt.
This is exactly what happens in the movie, the biggest plot point is that Kang isn't at full power and doesn't have all of his tech.
It's why him being in the Quantuman Realm is supposed to be a punishment

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
This is exactly what happens in the movie, the biggest plot point is that Kang isn't at full power and doesn't have all of his tech.
Yes, I know. That's why I said that. It was cringe he got beat by ants, so I remind myself of the reason why.

Last Spider

Arachnid Dude
Yes, I know. That's why I said that. It was cringe he got beat by ants, so I remind myself of the reason why.
It's really not, because Kang wasn't even beaten by ants they attacked him, but he was still alive, kicking and beating up Scott like 5 minutes later, and like it's an Ant-Man movie of course he's using ants to win, this isn't even the first time a version of Ant-Man has beaten Kang while using bugs.

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy
It's really not, because Kang wasn't even beaten by ants they attacked him, but he was still alive, kicking and beating up Scott like 5 minutes later, and like it's an Ant-Man movie of course he's using ants to win, this isn't even the first time a version of Ant-Man has beaten Kang while using bugs.
But here’s the thing this variant of Kang killed the Avengers THE AVENGERS so I find it hard he can’t beat ants. How is your next big bad suppose to be menacing if he can’t beat if he can’t even beat ants? Also I didn’t say all of Phase Four was goofy but you can’t sit here and tell me that it’s the darkest phase because of 1 movie because it’s not but we can agree to disagree.

Last Spider

Arachnid Dude
But here’s the thing this variant of Kang killed the Avengers THE AVENGERS so I find it hard he can’t beat ants. How is your next big bad suppose to be menacing if he can’t beat if he can’t even beat ants? Also I didn’t say all of Phase Four was goofy but you can’t sit here and tell me that it’s the darkest phase because of 1 movie because it’s not but we can agree to disagree.
For one again the ants didn't beat him, he was still alive and in fighting condition 5 minutes later, second they're not even normal ants, they're evolved scientifically advanced ants, third Kang himself wasn't even at full power, he was working with limited resources and his entire motivation was to escape the Quantuman Realm and get back to full power.

Saying Kang murdering the entire Ant Man family is a change of pace from "phases 4's goofyness" is very much saying all of Phase 4 was goofy, there's no other way to take that.
And I very much can say phase 4 is the darkest phase, looking at the actual movies most of them are bleaker than most other MCU movies.
Spider-Man No Way Home deals with with Peter losing the last family he had left, nearly murdering a person in a rage, and ultimately losing everything.

Multiverse of Madness has some of the gorest scenes in the MCU with Wanda's rampage against the Illuminati, and essentially ends with her committing Suicide Squad and Doctor Strange being corrupted by dark magic.

The Eternals is one of the most serious comedy devoid movies of the MCU, I don't even think that can even be argued against.

Black Widow very explicitly deals with themes of human trafficking, and exploitation.

I've already explained Wakanda Forever.

So that's just leaves Thor Love and Thunder, and Shang-Chi and of these two I'd only call Thor goofy but that's because it's a comedy.

If you compare to other phases most other movies don't really have the characters dealing with these some sort of themes and situations, and very few of these movies have actual unambiguously happy endings for their characters.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts