"Batman Ninja vs Yakuza League" News and Discussion (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
Warner Bros. Japan is producing a sequel to Batman Ninja titled Batman Ninja vs Yakuza League.

nbm_en_logo.png.jpg

Junpei Mizusaki, the producer of the opening animation sequences for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders and Kamikaze Douga CEO/founder, is returning from Batman Ninja to direct the film alongside Shinji Takagi (unit director for Blood: The Last Vampire). Kamikaze Douga is again animating the film. Returning staff members also include scriptwriter Kazuki Nakashima, character designer Takashi Okazaki, and composer Yūgo Kanno.

Kōichi Yamadera returns to voice Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Warner Bros. Japan will host the "Warner Bros. Japan presents Suicide Squad ISEKAI and Batman Ninja vs. Yakuza League" panel at Anime Expo on July 4. The panel will reveal more details for the film.

Frontier

Staff member
Pretty surprising they're making a sequel but I'm for it. Batman vs. the Yakuza in general would be cool, and done in the style of Batman Ninja should be even more fun.
Yeah, I'm wondering if this is Batman fighting Supervillain Yakuza in modern Japan this go-around or if they attack Gotham...

Otaku-sempai

Well, I submitted an entry to IMDb. We'll see whether they accept it without a major source like Variety or Hollywood Reporter attached.

EDIT (05/31): Original entry rejected; reason: insufficient source. For lack of a primary source (Variety; Hollywood Reporter; etc.) I've re-submitted the entry with additional sources from sites such as Anime Superhero, Newsarama, Comics Beat and more.

EDIT (06/01): Approved for publication!

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Wonder if we'll see more members of the Bat-Family, too. The first movie had the 4 main Robins (well including Nightwing, Red Hood and Red Robin) but it would be nice if they changed things up a bit more, similar to the Batman Unlimited line of movies.

Frontier

Staff member
Wonder if we'll see more members of the Bat-Family, too. The first movie had the 4 main Robins (well including Nightwing, Red Hood and Red Robin) but it would be nice if they changed things up a bit more, similar to the Batman Unlimited line of movies.
It would be nice to see Batgirl (or a Batgirl). Maybe even throw in the Justice League (I mean, League is already in the title) :p.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Sequel To Batman Ninja Now In Development"​

english-batman-ninja-trailer-rev.jpg

"Before we begin: a quick reminder that starting today, SCAVENGERS REIGN is now on Netflix. The performance of this show on this streamer will determine whether or not we get a second season. Be sure to turn it on and get those numbers up!

In 2018, Warner Bros Japan released Batman Ninja, the Dark Knight’s first anime movie (if you don’t count all the outsourced animation from previous productions). The film appears to have done well, because the same team has returned to develop a sequel.

In the original Batman Ninja, Gorilla Grodd constructs a time machine that goes haywire, sending Batman, his friends and his foes into feudal Japan. Months later, Batman’s enemies now each control one of the warring factions across the region. Since Bruce doesn’t have access to his high-tech gizmos, he must find other ways to defeat Joker and the others and restore ancient Japan to its original state (which wasn’t peaceful either, but at least there’d be no Joker there). He’s also got to figure out how to send everyone home.

With all that said, Batman Ninja wrapped itself up pretty neatly. One wonders what could possibly be “next.” Apparently the Japanese mob: the title of the sequel has been revealed as Batman Ninja Vs. Yakuza League."

Read the full article here.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The character designs look pretty cool, as they did in the previous movie. The Green Lantern pick was a bit surprising.

I wonder if this Batman has some plans for neutralizing the Justice League. You never know when those might come in handy.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Batman Ninja Vs Yakuza League: Teaser And Poster Released"​

GRr007abMAMjjy8.jpg

"Since Anime Expo is now happening, Warner Bros gifted the crowd with the first publicly released peek at Batman Ninja Vs Yakuza League, the sequel to the 2018 anime film. The teaser is rather short, but it does reveal a piece of key information: what exactly the Yakuza League is.

"

Read the full article here.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts