• Spider-man Unlimited

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • X-Men Evoloution

Votes: 10 16.4%

• Total voters

Frank White

R.I.P Notorious BIG
Originally posted by Storm
Oh please those shows that you listed have said "Destroy" plenty of times.

Really? Please, list some instances where someone says they are going to "destroy" a character. LOL @ "destroying" a person.

Proteus3

undifferentiated
My favorite was Spiderman. I actually liked it because it had so much continuity. It would keep me tuning in to see what happened on the next episode. Spiderman also had some great episodes, such as the Venom ones. My second favorite would be X-Men. The show was very dark at times, and I liked how it showed the conflict against mutants and humans in the beginning. X-Men Evolution I didn't like for the first season. However, I started watching it again this season and I am now thoroughly enjoying it. I don't remember the other shows well enough to comment on them.

S

Silent Bob

X-Men of course!!!

While the animation did suck from time to time, I gotta say the original 1992 X-Men series, that was on Fox. The series was very enjoyable, even if Saban did a horrible job with the animation. I'll never understand that with a budget so big, Saban still went with Akom (is that right?) alot of the time to animate the series. But when the series had good animation, it was amazing! I also liked the later 5 or 6 episodes with the new animation style. Graduation Day always brings a tear to my eye and the Captain America episode is without one of the best episodes of the entire X-Men series. X-Men: Evolution isn't all that bad, and neither was Spider-Man.

mbaker

Re: X-Men of course!!!

Originally posted by Wolverine
While the animation did suck from time to time, I gotta say the original 1992 X-Men series, that was on Fox. The series was very enjoyable, even if Saban did a horrible job with the animation. I'll never understand that with a budget so big, Saban still went with Akom (is that right?) alot of the time to animate the series. But when the series had good animation, it was amazing! I also liked the later 5 or 6 episodes with the new animation style. Graduation Day always brings a tear to my eye and the Captain America episode is without one of the best episodes of the entire X-Men series. X-Men: Evolution isn't all that bad, and neither was Spider-Man.

To bad Saban couldn't employ Toei, or some other anime studio to do X-Men for them. Akom is not very go most of the time. I mean the Spider-Man series actually got TMS to do A few episodes for them.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I enjoyed a few of these series. The second seasons of Iron Man and Fantastic Four were great, I think. The shows really picked up then. It's a shame Marvel didn't continue the series after that. The first nine or so episodes of The Incredible Hulk were great. Granted it did falter here and there but it was a great series. The second season was an absolute joke. Silver Surfer kicked butt. I'm still waiting to catch the Adam Warlock episode if the series ever airs again.

I'm really hoping that the upcoming Spider-Man cartoons sparks a new era of Marvel cartoons done by a great creative team and animation studio. These properties have Batman: TAS-like potential if just used correctly.

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I'm really hoping that the upcoming Spider-Man cartoons sparks a new era of Marvel cartoons done by a great creative team and animation studio. These properties have Batman: TAS-like potential if just used correctly.

I agree. But Bendis strange love of pop culture and it being on MTV better not make one of these scenarios

N Sync member "Wow Spidey you saved the day from that whacked Scorpain. Come sing with us at Madison Square Garden!"

*Horrendous images of a dancing Spider-man invade Red Birds mind* Ughgh

Anarky

Team Conan
after watching Day of Recovery today, I'm still somewhat shocked at the low turnout for EVO. SUre, it stumbled out of the gate, but it's really picked up steam the last 2 seasons.

I just wish it was on 5 days a week..or at least switched over to CN.

The Detective

Originally posted by Anarky
after watching Day of Recovery today, I'm still somewhat shocked at the low turnout for EVO. SUre, it stumbled out of the gate, but it's really picked up steam the last 2 seasons.

I just wish it was on 5 days a week..or at least switched over to CN.
Yes! KidWB gives it the worst treatment.

Arkangel

Man, I wish I had gotten to see a second season episode of the Fantastic Four. It gets raves from everyone on here.

The episode I saw must have been from the first season because it was awful. I enjoyed the '60s Hanna Barbera toon much more.

S

Silent Bob

One thing I did like about X-Men was the nice cameos they threw in from time to time. They were a bit much at time, but they werre cool. I thought it was cool to be able to say "Hey! I know that Marvel character!" Spider-Man did that well from time to time.

Stu

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
One thing I did like about X-Men was the nice cameos they threw in from time to time. They were a bit much at time, but they werre cool. I thought it was cool to be able to say "Hey! I know that Marvel character!" Spider-Man did that well from time to time.

Yeah I liked the cameos in the series as well. They did it in FF series 2 as well. Did anyone notice Scarlet Spider in X-men One Mans Worth part 1?

czyznyck99

Originally posted by Frank White
Really? Please, list some instances where someone says they are going to "destroy" a character. LOL @ "destroying" a person.

It was the censorship, pure and simple. In particular, with Spider-man, the Fox censors were absolute punks. Spiderman couldn't throw a punch, and no one could say "kill" either, which is where all of the "destroys" come from. Also notice how all of the guns have no bullets whatsoever, they are lasers. In fact, the only time there was a bullet was in the second episode, where Jameson is telling a flashback of how he lost his wife in a drive-by.

The trading of characters was also very cool. It gave all of the cartoons a true "Marvel Universe" feeling, something that DC is only now starting to do with JL and Static Shock.

Later.

Joe Wagner

The one, true Scarlet Spider!
This was a tough question and one that I actually took some time to think about before posting my answer. Of all the Marvel series I have seen over the years I would have to say that the best one - is a tie between Spider-Man TAS and Silver Surfer TAS.

While Spider-Man can still be found on the air today and was a show that I constantly watched (to the point where I 'had' to be home for re-runs of episodes I had seen numerous times already) Silver Surfer was very close to it's comic counterpart. Not only did we get to see the designs of a Kirby-esqe Surfer but we were given the awesome three part origin story and even dealth with Thanos on more the one occassion. The incredibly hard to find Forever War episode was one of the best to grace the series and was seen by few, thanks to a special Fox Friday broadcast that received little to no ads, never re-aired and missed by many fans (myself included).

While I am a big Spidey fan I thought that the Silver Surfer could compare to the series very well and was never given a fair chance to survive (even though a second season was on the way until Marvel Animation Studios went bankrupt - this was along with a second Avengers season and an amazingly cool looking Captain America cartoon).

-Joe!

Stu

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
even though a second season was on the way until Marvel Animation Studios went bankrupt - this was along with a second Avengers season and an amazingly cool looking Captain America cartoon

Cool looking Captain America? I remember starting a Captain America thread and I was told about this series but I never knew that there where drawings from it. Do you have any idea where I can find these?

Joe Wagner

The one, true Scarlet Spider!
Originally posted by The Red Bird
Cool looking Captain America? I remember starting a Captain America thread and I was told about this series but I never knew that there where drawings from it. Do you have any idea where I can find these?

I'll have to look through my stack of stuff at home but I remember Wizard ran a cel or two when the series was in development. Since that time though I haven't been able to find any other cels or information about the project. Shame to - because the series sounded really good.

-Joe!

Chris Wood

Desslar
Originally posted by czyznyck99
It was the censorship, pure and simple. In particular, with Spider-man, the Fox censors were absolute punks. Spiderman couldn't throw a punch,

Why?????????? There were plenty of cartoons in the 80s with fistfights left and right (GI Joe, Galaxy Rangers, etc.). Did censorship actually get worse in the 90s? Are we regressing to 50s conservatism?

Stu

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Why?????????? There were plenty of cartoons in the 80s with fistfights left and right (GI Joe, Galaxy Rangers, etc.). Did censorship actually get worse in the 90s? Are we regressing to 50s conservatism?

One of the main reasons is because Canada was getting extremely sensitive to violence at the time (they banned Power Rangers, I think) so they wanted little violence. That and they already had a "viloent" cartoon on there schedule (Batman) and aimed Spider-man (design wise) at a lower audience. I'm not sure why they where that picky though.

Frank White

R.I.P Notorious BIG
I thought those lasers were so corny sometimes, I mean every common crook and thug had a laser gun. I could see somebody like Doc Ock having one or the Kingpins men, but common thugs? Whatever...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts