C&C - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - "Entertainment District Arc" [1/13/24-3/23/24]

Nobodyman

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
Episode 34
"Sound Hashira Tengen Uzui"
1/13 at 12:00 AM

Previously on Demon Slayer: With all that is left in him, Kyojuro unleashes one last, powerful attack at Akaza, momentarily stunning him. However, Akaza fatally injures him, and despite Kyojuro trying to restrain him, flees upon seeing the arrival of daybreak, breaking Kyojuro's sword. In desperate fury, Tanjiro flings his sword with all his force at Akaza, who nonetheless escapes as an enraged Tanjiro denounces him as a coward for running away. While Kyojuro succumbs to his injuries, he confides in Tanjiro messages for both his brother and father for him to give them. He accepts Nezuko as a member of the Demon Slayer Corps, and encourages Tanjiro to "set his heart ablaze". He sees a vision of his proud mother, before passing away peacefully, devastating Tanjiro and Inosuke. The other Hashiras receive the news of Kyojuro's death, while the head of the Demon Slayer Corps, Kagaya, appreciates him for not letting a single passenger or comrade die in his presence.

Tonight: Following the death of Kyojurou, Tanjiro visits the Rengoku residence to send a last message to Kyojurou's brother and father. 4 months later Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke are tasked with visiting an Entertainment District along with the Sound Hashira Tengen Uzui.

NOTE: Well, after the intensity of last week's Toonami block, it's time to get back to a more conventional shonen anime where the protagonist doesn't want to wipe out humanity for no reason. Anywho, tonight begins the Entertainment District arc, which kicks off with an hour-long episode. Enjoy!

EDIT: Oh, and since season talkbacks seems to be the new thing now, I guess we'll do it for Demon Slayer as well.

The sound of spoilers. I'd better not hear it.

See Also:
Demon Slayer (Season One) Talkback Threads

2. Demon Slayer: Mugen Train Movie Discussion Thread (the previous arc)
--Note: In Demon Slayer: Entertainment District, this movie is Season 2A, from Episodes 27 to 33.

3. Demon Slayer: Entertainment District (Season 2B) Talkback Thread from the Anime Forum

Last edited by a moderator:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: Guess this is Rengoku's stop.

So I needn't have bothered with the recap.

"No matter what it takes, no one shall die here!"
*two minutes later*
OMG, Rengoku died.

"Mr. Rengoku...Mr. Rengoku...Mr. Rengoku..."
Yep, that's who died.

Hey kid, you gonna pay for that?

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Just when I was getting Matilda vibes.

Now he's sounding like the Grand High Witch.

Our organization does not tolerate failure, Number Three. You know the penalty.

OT: Lycoris Recoil promo snuck up on me.

Hey, those were for the kids in the nursery!

Zenitsu has a nosebleed and he isn't even turned on.

Dude, starve a cold, feed a fever, sleep off a stab wound.

Stop crying over your dead brother, you little wimp!

He's like Endeavor in appearance and parenting methods.

"I feel like I've made a grave mistake."
Nahh, that guy was asking for it.

Autographed first edition in mint condition.

And that book was checked out of the library three years ago.

Is anyone truly born with talent? As in, are they destined from birth to do something?

YOU MISS HIM.

Carrying your sister around on your back while nursing a stab wound can make you pretty tired.

He runs fast for someone who's injured.

Amazing pecs for a bunch of teenagers.
Who drew that part, a muscle fetishist?

Good to see Nezuko actually do something for a change.

I am the lone locust of the apocalypse.

Not how you pick up girls, dude.

Yeah, show the guy who carries girls over his shoulder some respect!

You REALLY need to work on your people skills.

That spank was totally uncalled for.

I'm taking you three underage boys to a whorehouse!

I admit I'm a bit curious as to what Zenitsu was wearing during that OP.

Main character, semi-demon sister, crybaby and hothead.

"I'm picking up the scent of a strong will residing within him."
Nahh, he's just horny.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Wait, so Muzan poses as a little adopted boy, too... okay. Blue Spider Lily. Hmm. If Muzan is trying to gather rare ingredients, can't be good.

Naturally, back to the mansion for healing. Though the mental trauma from Rengoku's death may take awhile to heal from.

Karma for stealing that plate of food. lol.

Boy, what a piece of work. The movie alluded to it but he's even more cruel. I guess he's that way because his wife got ill and passed away prematurely.

The father knew of Sun Breathing right away?! The earrings mean something. The first form and everything came from it? Intriguing!

Headbutt saves him again, heh heh.

Aw, damn. The father ripped up the book. All that history. Perhaps Senjuro will become an academic and preserve the history of the Demon Corps. Classy of him to offer the sword guard.

He did love his son.

lmao, yes, he'd be furious Tanjiro lost his sword.

4 month time skip past another training arc. I gots no problem with that! :D

What a way for a Hashira to make an entrance...

So this Tengen was a shinobi and cares about flash and style. And now he kills only demons. Ok.

Zenitsu is going to be mighty tempted in the Entertainment District...

Ok, so end credits definitely confirm the next demon is another of the uppers. Matches one of the silhouettes when Enmu was fantasizing about challenging an upper in a scene during Mugen Train.

Animation looks as amazing as ever. And having to fight an Upper in a populated area should be a challenge to say the least.

Nobodyman

Episode 35
"Infiltrating the Entertainment District"
1/20 at 12:00 AM

Previously on Demon Slayer: Akaza meets Muzan, now disguised as a young boy, who reveals his disappointment in Akaza for not being able to kill the other three Demon Slayers other than Kyojuro. Akaza vows to kill Tanjiro as the latter goes to meet Kyojuro’s brother Senjuro and his father Shinjuro. Shinjuro, a former Flame Hashira but now an alcoholic who detests the Demon Slayers and sees both of his sons as failures, dismisses Tanjiro violently. However, when he sees Tanjiro's earrings, he explains to him he is a bearer of the first breathing technique, called "Sun Breathing". Tanjiro headbutts him for disrespecting Kyojuro, knocking him out. Later, Senjuro thanks Tanjiro for passing him his brother's messages. Four months after Kyojuro's death, Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke accompany the Sound Hashira Tengen Uzui to their next mission - infiltrating the famed Yoshiwara red-light district, where demons are said to reside.

Tonight: Led by Sound Hashira Tengen Uzui, Tanjiro, Inosuke and Zenitsu disguise themselves so they can get hired in the Entertainment District.

Going by the title, this should be an entertaining arc, so let's not ruin it with spoilers.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: A school field trip to the red light district.

He is his own monotheistic religion.

Is it the boar head? It's the boar head, isn't it?

When did Zenitsu become the straight man? That's Tanjiro's bit.

Hopefully this Hashira lasts longer than the other one.

"Listen you three, don't try to stand out."
They're underage boys in a street full of brothels. Bit late for that, I'd say.

"When you're in the entertainment district, you should try to seek out my wives."
They're a bit young for that, don't you think?

Zenitsu's going to be annoying, isn't he?

Should be better than the ones on Naruto.

OT: Man, Ninja Kamui looks HARDCORE.

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Did the Powerpuff Girls join the circus? :lol:

He'd make a better girl than Zenitsu, that's for sure.

Zenitsu IS going to be annoying...

I didn't know that creepy face lady from Attack on Titan was on this show!

Some drunk horny guy is in for a very awkward and confusing experience.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Not entirely inaccurate. madam.

One of them is going to figure out their new girl is a boy.

He can't lie with a straight face.
It's saying "holy crap I can't believe I'm saying this she's never going to buy it".

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
I give Inosuke two days, tops.

Oh dear, Sakura got caught again.

If there some kind of stringed instrument-based video game, Zenitsu would rock at it.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
lmao, what a total contrast to Rengoku. But I suppose that's the point, right?

Hello, Yoshiwara. Neat so the arc's set in an actual place in Tokyo just like when Tanjiro bumped into Muzan in Asakusa early in the series. Had a feeling Inosuke and Tanjiro would be out of sorts.

Ok, interesting premise. Instead of a straight up fight, they have to infiltrate and find Uzui's wives as well as figure out which courtesan is the demon. I suppose it was a natural change of pace to get back to comedic elements of the series after Rengoku's tragic death...

Ah, a Wisteria base. Logical for there to be one.

Three wives? Oooookay. Oh, they're kunoichi. Still, I thought only nobility and the imperial family practiced polygamy in the loose era this show takes place in. Still cheating on your wife was pretty much institutionalized even in the early Meiji era. I would also think Uzui doesn't care about standard customs as he looks like the epitome of counter culture but the thing that surprised me was he called them "his wives" and not "my wife and two mistresses." So there's an interesting caveat there at least...

Omg, they have to pretend to be girls. :D

Ok, so one of the wives is being interrogated and tortured by the arc's big bad and Ino is all by himself.

Nobodyman

Episode 36
"What Are You?"
1/27 at 12:00 AM

Previously on Demon Slayer: In order to investigate the suspected demonic presence in Yoshiwara, Tengen had sent his three wives to infiltrate the three largest courtesan Houses in the district. However, having stopped receiving messages from them, he has started worry for their safety. As such, Tengen disguises Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu as girls and sells them to the three Houses in which his wives were deployed, in order to find clues to their fate and whereabouts. Though with some difficulty, all three Demon Slayers are accepted to work at the Houses. As Tengen surveys the district from the rooftops, it is revealed that Makio, one of Tengen's wives, is held captive in a secluded room in Inosuke's House, being restrained by numerous obi, and enduring interrogation from a mysterious female voice.

Tonight: A mysterious Oiran is creating havoc in the brothels but who is she?

What are you, someone who posts spoilers?

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: Something out of a Judd Apatow movie.

"What have you been doing on the side when you're not working?"
Would you like to find out?

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
How do you expect her to answer with her mouth taped up?

Zenitsu in a brothel is like a mouse in a cheese shop.

Don't waste food! Starving people would be happy to have that!

This place has some mean rats.

And Zenitsu bursts into a girl's room and starts showing at her.

I'm so sorry, she's from Japanese Barcelona.

I guess even brothels have mean girls.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!

Featured Posts