C&C - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - "Entertainment District Arc" [1/13/24-3/23/24]

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: Nezuko's off her muzzle.

See what happens when she doesn't get her beauty sleep?

Is thee chest window really necessary?

I think the needle on your sister's demon dial just moved.

I AM THE GODDESS OF HELLFIRE, AND I BRING YOU...FIRE!

Ummm...Nezuko...you doing okay?

"Whoa, what's with your sister? Did Tetsusaiga break or something?"

I take it upper rank demons' heads don't just pop off like that?

Where did he get that 90s Nickelodeon logo tattoo on his eye?

I'd say knock her out, but that would be wrong.

Hush, little demon, don't say a word...

Did she just shrink?

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Upper Rank demonry is no way to get a head in life.

They're looking for demons with a good head on their shoulders.

She'll never replace Muzan as the head of the demon ranks at this--okay, I'm done.

Bobcat Goldthwait?

"Not a blemish, birthmark, or scar to be seen anywhere, huh?"
Well, except for that head wound you just gave him.

Oh lord, she's a demon Valley girl.

And he's a jealous Twitter troll still going through puberty.

Oh, great. Sleepy and Dopey. I hope you brought the rest of the dwarves.

Flying Blood-sicles. What flavor are they?

That preview sounded like she's going to die in the next episode.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Ah, so the pitfall is she's in berserker mode and will attack bleeding humans. And a childhood lullaby stops it. Got it. Though it is interesting we're again seeing the intervention of the "ghosts" of Tanjiro and Nezuko's family when the situation is critical for the duo or are they just Tanjrio's subconscious? Hmm.

Oooh good, this arc has a second big bad, too, just when things look wrapped up. Hmm, I guess they're twins and both have to be killed at the same time. And both their things are about looks. Guess that makes some thematic sense with Uzui. Hope Uzui can get a whole lot flashier. Not sure if Tanjiro not at 100%, Inosuke, and sleep mode Zenitsu will be of any help unless they catch their fourth wind. We shall see.

Nobodyman

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
Episode 41
"Gathering"
3/2 at 12:30 AM

Previously on Demon Slayer: As Nezuko fights Daki, her increasingly potent regenerative abilities and Blood Demon Art overwhelm her opponent, leaving Daki unable to fight back as she is viciously kicked through several houses. Eager to finish the fight, Nezuko notices a bystander bleeding and her demonic bloodlust overwhelms her senses, almost attacking them before Tanjiro intervenes and restrains her. Tengen soon arrives and beheads Daki with ease, doubting she is as powerful as she claims. However, she does not die, and instead, her brother Gyutaro emerges from within her body. Gyutaro, who also holds the position of Upper Rank Six, reattaches Daki's head, and, envious of Tengen's good looks, begins to fight him using his sickles and Blood Demon Art. Overwhelmed, Tengen struggles to stand his ground while protecting the civilians, realizing that Daki cannot be killed whilst Gyutaro is alive. Tanjiro manages to calm Nezuko down, just as Zenitsu and Inosuke arrive to help.

Tonight: Putting Nezuko to rest, Tanjiro, along with Inosuke and Zenitsu, rushes to Uzui's aid, against his battle with the Upper Six Demons- Gyutaro and Daki.

We are gathered here tonight to watch another episode of Demon Slayer uninhibited by spoilers.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: These demons are grody to the max.

We need to get back to that "finding a cure for demon" sometime soon.

Isn't it hard to fight carrying your sister around in that box all the time?

I'M A NICE GUY! WHY DON'T WOMEN RESPECT ME?!

He sounds like the kind of guy who chases female celebrities off social media.

You didn't want to become like him, yet you have three women whom you call wives?

"He just beheaded me again! Also I broke a nail!"

Ahh, Wingus and Dingus have arrived. Along with their handler.

"So drop the act and quit staring like that, would you?"
They're not staring. They're posing.

He likes Poison? I thought he was a Whitesnake guy.

The sleep bubble kinds ruins his tough guy look.

So the lesson is "be pretty and people will treat you like merchandise"?

Those poor women who will be bought and sold to pay for the damages to this place.

No, HERE'S the lesson--don't get poisoned.

It's called a diversionary tactic, genius.

Demons have a hysteria about wysteria.

And they cut to credits before we see how he dodges them.

And maybe stop treating women like your personal possessions.

Last edited:

animePWNS

1955-2024
We saw that preview weeks ago by some error. Judging from how Tengen yelled her name,
I don't think she's long for this world...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Well, here we go with the visuals going up a notch as we near the finale.

So not only a physical countdown on Tanjiro but now Uzui.

Ah, so they're both the Upper Six and have to be beheaded simultaneously. No prob. >_<

Glad they acknowledged Uzui being a shinobi didn't make sense. But being shinobi they were able to survive in secret. Well, just him and his brother.

Inosuke usually has unintended words of wisdom. So the fact he pointed out the brother fights like a mantis. Hmm. If those sickles of his get stuck in something, game over. Then again, they could exploit his devotion to his sister. Or play mind games and turn them on each other.

Ho ho, kunai launcher and they're all laced with wisteria. Dope.

Feels like with that kind of ending, next one will start with the brother avoided the beheading somehow. Legs will probably regenerate somehow.

Dug the spirit of Rengoku being around. Left such a mark on Tanjiro in such a short time.

Nobodyman

Episode 42
"Defeating an Upper Rank Demon"
3/9 at 12:30 AM

Previously on Demon Slayer: Taking Nezuko to safety, Tanjiro focuses on the coming battle despite his injuries. Tengen trades barbs with Gyutaro and Daki over their clashing beliefs. As a young man, Tengen was brutally trained by his father as a member of the Shinobi. Wanting to avoid the path taken by his surviving brother, he and his wives approached Kagaya, who commended him on striving away from his past. As they fight, Tengen is poisoned by Gyutaro but is joined by Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke. The district is evacuated by Suma and Makio, while Hinatsuru makes her way to Tengen. The Demon Slayers plan to behead the demons simultaneously but Daki engages Zenitsu and Inosuke, while Gyutaro clashes with Tengen and Tanjiro. Fighting as one, the demons gradually overwhelm their opponents. However, Tanjiro, realizing his Water Breathing is more useful defensively, is able to fend off Gyutaro's attacks. Entering the fight, Hinatsuru fires wisteria-laced kunais at Gyutaro, paralysing him and allowing Tengen and Tanjiro to reach his neck.

Tonight: Gyutaro evades Uzui and goes after Hinatsuru. Tanjiro and Uzui rush to save her, but Daki's obi blocks their way.

You can help defeat an Upper Rank Demon by not posting spoilers! ...Well, okay, not really, but it's still a nice thing to do.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: Making polygamy flashy.

How to Succeed in Defeating an Upper-Class Demon Without Really Trying.

You're not supposed to pour it on the headstone.

They're not gonna just watch him eat, are they?

The only petal I want is the one that looks exactly like all the others.

And an episode of Tenchi Muyo! breaks out.

Oh, you actually LIKED one of them?

Maybe stop wasting your time with the internal monologue?

Keep your hands to yourself, buddy. Oh, wait...

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
How can Zenitsu sleep through all this?

Next he spits up pea soup in his face.

Anything you want to contribute this this battle, lady?
Oh, you're just gonna hide? Okay, fine.

You and Kirito. You think you're so great because you can carry two swords?

Now someone chimes in with a KAMEHAME-HAAAAAAA!

The best defense is a good offense, or whatever.

HE'S AT THE 40, THE 30, THE 20! HE! COULD! GO! ALL! THE! WAY!

Oh, and he's tackled from behind at the 1!

Ahh...that's...not...good.

Oh, GOOD ONE, Tanjiro.

Whatever Breathing! Something Form! Shouting Your Attacks!

Last edited:

animePWNS

1955-2024
Wow, that kind of beheading must REALLY hurt.

Go for the touchdown, Inosu-- oh no...

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Uzui remembering memories with his wives at a time like this can't be good... yep, unconscious and a hand cut off. Not good at all.

Neat trick to combo two elements for a boost.

Inosuke! Very inosuke to use his swords like saw blades. Dah! Too busy taunting Daki and he gets it from the back -- no way they're gonna kill off Inosuke... Nah, no way.

Zenitsu is the only one in fighting shape at this point but even he can't get close enough to Daki, not sure how much better he'd fare against Gyutaro.

Got a feeling next week will get super bleak until someone pulls off something unexpected. Maybe Hinatsuru gathers up all those kunai she fired and manages to get enough into Gyutaro to immobilize him? Maybe the other 2 wives show up. Or maybe Uzui somehow defies super certain death and gets his third wind? Two more episodes.

Nobodyman

Episode 43
"Never Give Up"
3/16 at 12:30 AM

Previously on Demon Slayer: Gyutaro neutralizes the wisteria and uses his Blood Demon Art to fend off Tengen and Tanjiro, before grabbing Hinatsuru. Despite his exhaustion, Tanjiro combines his Hinokami Kagura and Water Breathing, unleashing a very fast charge that stuns the demon and saves her. Tengen joins his attempt to slice off Gyutaro's head, while Zenitsu and Inosuke continue to fend off Daki's obi. Gyutaro stops their blades and unleashes his Blood Demon Art again, forcing Tengen to throw himself and Gyutaro away to save Hinatsuru and Tanjiro. With Tengen fighting Gyutaro alone, Tanjiro joins his friends in facing Daki, where he and Zenitsu open the way for Inosuke, allowing him to behead her. He runs away with Daki’s head to prevent reattachment but Gyutaro suddenly stabs him from behind and retrieves her head. Tanjiro looks for Tengen and sees him wounded and motionless. Devastated for not being able to help them in time, he freezes; Zenitsu pushes him off the roof to save him from an incoming obi attack.

Tonight: Tanjiro wakes up to find himself surrounded by burning debris, with Gyutaro laughing delightedly at his plight.

Never give up on not posting spoilers! ......or something.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time:

Are we about to lose another Hashira? Because it's not like we can just hold tryouts.

There WAS a house in New Orleans they called the "Rising Sun".

This is the part where the villain brags about his apparent victory before the final battle.

"Perhaps she would like some hot"--no, can't really joke about that.

Hey, can't blame a guy for trying.

Every girl is someone's little sister. Except for firstborns or only children, but still.

A meeting of minds.

Onee-san!

PIERCE THROUGH HIS SPINAL COLUMN WITH YOUR BLADE!

Oh, he's still here.

Hurry up and cut his head off. What is that blade, a chainsaw?

He's not quite dead! He's getting better!

These kind of episodes are why Japanese animators deserve better pay and working conditions.

"What's it going to take for you to give up?!"
He's a shonen hero. Do you have to ask?

Is he going Super Saiyan?

Dude, take that mask off before you choke on your own blood.

It's gone quiet all of a sudden. Did they do it?

Uhh...medic?

Oh, for...seriously?!

Okay, guess they won. Thanks, preview guy.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Dang, that was super intense. Befitting for the penultimate episode of the season. Lucky is right. Somehow managed to find one of the kunai. Saved by mental scape sister. Saved by one armed Uzui. Saved by scar despite being gouged+poisoned. Tanjiro's scar changing again (still not sure why - intense moments of physical pain pushing past this natural limit?), Uzui unleashes an ultimate move one handed and poisoned, Zenitsu augments his 1 move to go even crazy faster, Inosuke shifted his internal organs just barely in time - all for the simultaneous coup de grace. But figures it wouldn't be a clean win and Gyutaro's body still manages to expel one last blood art. Man, that entertainment district was flattened. If the Demon Slayer Corps were a secret all this time, the bell's been rung by this fight.

Guess it's a safe bet the season finale will reveal Daki and Gyutaro's human lives as they disintegrate. As for Gyutaro's poison, I guess either Nezuko's burning blood will be revealed to have curative properties or the Insect Hashira will arrive along with the Kakushi, super annoyed at the sight of Yoshiwara.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!

Featured Posts