Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
1570942179388.png
1570942193164.png

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba

Last Episode

Episode 3 – Sabito and Makomo

The Demon Slayer Corps... An organization that's been hunting down demons since ancient times. Sakonji Urokodaki starts training Tanjiro for Final Selection, the test for joining the unit. Navigating a mountain riddled with booby traps, dry sword swings, waterfall immersion and breathing techniques... A year later, Urokodaki informs Tanjiro that he has nothing more to teach him, and gives him one last hurdle to overcome in front of a giant boulder.

No Spoilers or Get Slain.

Nobodyman

Previously on Demon Slayer: Time to get the obligatory training out of the way.

Dear Journal, my life has become very interesting over the last few days...

Since "ancient times"? Care to put an approximate date or year on that?

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: Feudal orienteering.

The Demon Slayer Corps.Hopefully not like the Black Bulls or any one of the 13 Court Guard Squads.

Nobodyman

So the trick to healing quickly is taking deep breaths. Got it.

Unfortunately it wasn't a demon doctor, so...not much help there.

Can a sword cut through stone? According to One Piece, yes, easily.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
He'll be coming down the mountain when he comes.

Don't break the sword!

Are those blisters or scabs?!

Is that Noodle's mask from the Plastic Beach era?

"But your sword's made of wood! I could hurt you!"
Let me tell you the story of a girl named Twilight Suzuka...

That is why you fail.

Last edited:

Nobodyman

No, sweetie, I think the mask goes on the front of your face, not the side.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Rin from Inuyasha?

"Train until it kills you."
That's what he's been doing.

When you start going bald, you're on the right track.

Nobodyman

So that makes, what, two years? Nice to see they're getting the time skip out the way early.

Wait...what just happened?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
NOW DO 500 MORE. :D

Training was intriguing to get an idea of how these Demon Slayers fight. But based on the intro, there is still some kind of elemental aspect to it. Water being Tanjiro's makes more sense after this episode since he was kicked into the river and did the waterfall meditation.

Ooo, trained by two Jedi ghosts.

Not sure what to think of Nezuko's mystery hibernation. Because she's not eating humans, her body shut down?

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
This episode is really stretching my suspension of disbelief. I have so many questions.
So he's been training for two years. Does that mean his sister has just been sleeping this whole time?
Can demons die if they don't eat humans? Shouldn't Nezuko be dead from starvation at this point, or at least gone rogue or mad from all that waiting?
Also, she has been a demon for TWO YEARS. Is it too late to change her back at this point? Is there a time limit?

Nobodyman

This episode is really stretching my suspension of disbelief. I have so many questions.
So he's been training for two years. Does that mean his sister has just been sleeping this whole time?
Can demons die if they don't eat humans? Shouldn't Nezuko be dead from starvation at this point, or at least gone rogue or mad from all that waiting?
Also, she has been a demon for TWO YEARS. Is it too late to change her back at this point? Is there a time limit?

Light Lucario

Staff member

They did confirm that she's been asleep pretty much since Tanjiro started his training. I'm also fairly certain that Nezuko has been in hibernation or a coma all this time because she hasn't eaten any humans. I don't know if she'll have to deal with that kind of condition throughout the series or if it was just so that Tanjiro could focus more on his training, but I'm not sure if they'd want to keep her on the sidelines like that, especially when Nezuko has already shown capable of fighting off against other demons.

We don't know if there is a time limit to change Nezuko back into a human. I kind of doubt that they would set a specific time limit for Tanjiro to save Nezuko. Or at least I hope that they don't do that. He already has the struggle of becoming a Demon Slayer and trying to find out from the demons if it is even possible to change her back. Adding in a time limit would just feel like an unnecessary way to create more tension when there's already natural tension from the basic premise of the series.

Anyway, I thought that this episode was pretty good. They only provided a brief history of the Demon Slayer Corp, but I'm sure that will be expanded upon later. I think I had heard about the time skip training, but I was surprised that it took Tanjiro two years to complete most of his training. It was an effective way to showcase his training without dragging it out. They made it clear that it was quite difficult, but that Tanjiro was slowly improving over time. The journal was a pretty natural way to provide the highlights of his training as well. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm fairly sure that Nezuko is asleep to recover her energy since she hasn't eaten any humans. I wonder if they'll introduce a way for Nezuko to get around eating humans. They haven't established if demons can eat anything besides humans yet and it doesn't seem likely that they can, but I can't see Nezuko being completely on the sidelines either.

I liked that Tanjiro was still struggling with his training even after learning everything from Urokodaki. He understood all of the training and practiced it, but he wasn't hammering into his body's memory. I think he was still thinking through his movement and training too much instead of just becoming more natural. That's why he needed an extra year of training and practicing before being able to cut the bolder in half. Sabito and Makomo being orphans raised by Urokodaki explained why they were willing to help Tanjiro. They disappeared rather quickly. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm fairly sure that Nezuko is asleep to recover her energy since she hasn't eaten any humans. I wonder if they'll introduce a way for Nezuko to get around eating humans. They haven't established if demons can eat anything besides humans yet and it doesn't seem likely that they can, but I can't see Nezuko being completely on the sidelines either.
Agreed. I think the long sleep is probably how she regenerates instead of like that demon they fought that regenerated instantly probably because of those people he just ate. A long 2 year sleep seems impractical so I agree, there will probably be some 'upgrade' along the way since she seems to be a special type of demon.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
The fact that Demon Slayer fanatics hype up Nezuko as a character seems to be a heavy hint this won't last.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts