C&C - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - "Trainer Sakonji Urokodaki" [10/19]

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba

Last Episode

Episode 2 – Trainer Sakonji Urokodaki
At Giyu Tomioka's urging, Tanjiro heads for Mt. Sagiri with his sister Nezuko who's been turned into a demon. During the night, Tanjiro catches the smell of blood from inside a temple. He enters, thinking that someone might be hurt, only to come upon a man-eating demon. When the demon attacks, Tanjiro manages to fight back with his hatchet, but the demon's strength is overwhelming. Just as the demon is about to finish him off, Tanjiro is saved by none other than...

No Spoilers or Get Slain.

Nobodyman

Previously on Demon Slayer: His family's been slaughtered and his sister's a demon. This is what is generally considered a "bad day".

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Dig a hole, dig a hole, dig a hole.

Couldn't you just put it over her head?

Esio trot, esio trot, teg a tib rellams.

Nobodyman

Uh, dude, she's your sister, not a dog.

"Is everyone okay?"

Uh...guess not.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
So what, the pain of possession is so great, she has to constantly bite down on that?

I suppose you're gonna have to get used to seeing that, huh?

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Not the ideal time to take up cliff diving.

Uhhh...you may want to ask your sister to look away.

"This kid's not going to cut it."
No, he's going to smash it, actually.

*voice of Obi-Wan*
Was I any different when you taught me?

That basket's gonna have vomit stains all over it at the end of this trip.

Yeah, JOGGING was your test.

Test number one - orienteering.

At least it's all downhill from here.

You must go to the Dagobah system...

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Tanjiro's a tough kid and has a hard head. Heh.

Like the hatchet throw last episode, even the demon was impressed he got off a slice on him the first time.

Nezuko missed her calling as a punter.

Sakonji, the first mentor. A tengu mask, nice nod to the myth since this episode revolves around being tested in the mountains.

A training arc is next? Should be fun.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Our protagonist here is apparently not an Eren Yaeger as he feels squeamish about killing demons, even though they killed his family. Him being kinda a docile guy could make this series stand out a little in the monster destroying genre. Even if this show is generic, it's still slick and Nezuko kicking that demon's head off was cool. Would also like to comment about the old guy with the Usopp nose mask. What a fashion statement.

Lawren22

Our protagonist here is apparently not an Eren Yaeger as he feels squeamish about killing demons, even though they killed his family. Him being kinda a docile guy could make this series stand out a little in the monster destroying genre. Even if this show is generic, it's still slick and Nezuko kicking that demon's head off was cool. Would also like to comment about the old guy with the Usopp nose mask. What a fashion statement.
Yeah,while I think Demon Slayer is sightly overrated( only because there are so many people saying it's a masterpiece and one of the greatest shonen ever and I dont think it's there yet) it's still a geuinally good show and better then Fire Force, Black Cover and a lot of the recent battle shonen imo.

TerraKnight

Yeah,while I think Demon Slayer is sightly overrated( only because there are so many people saying it's a masterpiece and one of the greatest shonen ever and I dont think it's there yet) it's still a geuinally good show and better then Fire Force, Black Cover and a lot of the recent battle shonen imo.

I disagree about Black Clover when it even does fights and team battles better in comparison to other battle Shonen.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought that this episode was pretty good. It was kind of cute how Nezuko could just change her size to fit into the basket. I guess that she would be a bit lighter, but that would still be a lot for Tanjiro to carry all day. I assume that she has that long guard around her mouth so that she doesn't reveal herself as a demon to other people, as well as so that she doesn't try to eat people. I just wonder if she's able to eat anything or find any other means of restoring her energy. Based on her reaction to the bodies in that temple, she must be fighting off the urge to eat people, but I just wonder what else they can do for her in the meantime. It was still pretty cool to see her defend Tanjiro though.

It was pretty telling that Tanjiro was unsure how to kill a demon. Despite what the one did to his family and this one murdering a bunch of innocent people, he didn't want to crush it. He still felt some empathy with not wanting a demon to suffer. Even with everything he went through, Tanjiro doesn't want to hurt someone, which might make his quest to become a Demon Slayer more difficult. Granted, I think his reaction would have been different if this was the demon that murdered his family, but they also definitely wouldn't reveal that within the second episode.

Tanjiro thinking that his test was just going to be a long run was pretty optimistic all things considered. While Urokodaki was a bit harsh, he was right in that Tanjiro couldn't afford to be so indecisive. Killing demons is obviously dangerous work and taking even a few extra second to think of his strategy can easily led to his death. Tanjiro wouldn't want to even consider killing Nezuko, but that is something he would have to keep in mind if she ever does kill a human. At least he was willing to keep an eye on Nezuko while Tanjiro took his test. The mountain test was a bit more intense than I expected with all of those traps. Tanjiro's strong sense of smell really helped him out, although I just wonder if they'll explain more about that later. He still got a lot of cuts from falling into traps, but he made it before sundown to become Urokodaki's student. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts