C&C - Rick and Morty - Season Seven Talkback (Spoilers)

Nobodyman

Whoa! Timeskip!

Ugh, of course.

Okay, NOW are we done?

Let the record show that Morty conquered the hole. And it was well earned.

And the obligatory Mr. PBH closing.

His downward spiral continues.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
The hole wasn't as deep as I thought. In regards to physical space.

He tried that with the two crows, remember? Didn't pan out.

Mr. PBH, no.

Here's to season eight. Or the anime. Whichever comes first.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
"Fear No Mort" - I do feel Season Seven is one of if not the weakest season. I guess there's no episode that was as bad as season 5's "Rickdependence Spray" or even last seasons "Ricktional Mortpoon's Rickmas Mortcation" and there were great episodes this season but a grand majority of them I had some pretty decent problems with. Whether it was characters I was just done with or weak villains who overstayed their welcome or Morty feeling like he over regressed or spending an episode on a one joke concept that wasn't made that entertaining, there were a lot of episodes whose potential I didn't feel they properly explored. I am happy to say this isn't one of those episodes. This isn't a finale as exiting as "Star Mort Rickturn Of The Jerri" or "Rickmurai Jack" but this is probably one of the best thought out episodes. And though there are some solid jokes (Morty and Rick feeling mocking Denny's is beneath them and thinking the suit guy was just selling out to the chain, constantly trying to question what's real and what's fake, the alternate dimension version of Lost that's a one season show that sees the main characters team up to take on the smoke monster and the meta bit of "you see a show go out in a blaze or it goes on forever", the various fake outs and the ending Of Mr. Poopy Butt hole taking out an alternate version of himself and his alternate wife suspicious of that) I feel what really works about this one is the story and how it always kept you sort of a bit guessing on what exactly was real and what wasn't in an interesting way.

Granted it was clear the minute Diane showed up they were going to find some way to retcon her away in some form but I do really like the idea set up where you think that this is all part of Rick's own fear of losing her again and wanting to desperatley hold onto her and I do like how we get between them drinking a bar out and holding one another's hair as they puked to see them actually build this relationship. Like whether or not this is the real Diane this is the most we've seen of her and it is nice to finally get a more complete picture of how she would have fallen for Rick and what their relationship was like and yeah I do appreciate to how you think this is also just framed maybe as a lesson for Morty's fear of not being replaced before getting the variosu reveals ove rand over that though yeah this is a part of Morty's fear it's only him and Rick actually didn't just jump in after him and all these various insecurities whether it's growing up to be his father or even wondering if Rick really thinks he's unreplacable was really well done. Reminded me of "M Night Shamalaliens" with all the various twists within twists but honestly this makes more sense as though you knew there was some sort of twist how exaclty they delivered it with how this was all Mortys' and not at all Rick's did throw you so yeah I did really like that. And feel this probably is the most solid and interesting Morty has been this season so yeah glad this season did end on a fairly solid note... wish there were more then 4 really good to great episodes this season but again at least they were all uniquely good and I appreciate this one ending more on a weird character sort of piece then just like another star wars romp or something like that.

RedTail

I swear, this show repeatedly demonstrates an uncanny ability to have its few serialized episodes prop up what are otherwise underwhelming seasons. But with most of the overarching plotlines seemingly resolved, you gotta wonder how much longer that's going to be possible.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It was about Morty. Would have been more a surprise if he wasn't referenced in the episode title. Gloomy commentary on love by the Rod Serling knock off. But at least we saw a theoretical glimpse of what Rick and Diane were like. Bit of a mid season. Some things here there that I loved but overall felt like a transition season doing housekeeping and positioning things for the next big threat.

Eurbane

Welcome back Jessica, we haven’t seen you last year but you will one day get morty back. And we’ll see you all in season 8

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
I thought Season 7 was more solid than Season 6. Contrary to last year, there was no episode I outright hated, though that spaghetti episode will be hard to enjoy twice.

You can feel it becoming something different than what it started as, though. The first three seasons were heavily Harmon-influenced, but it feels more now like a generic adult cartoon written by a revolving door of Hollywood writers experienced with such things. The signature voice is gone. That doesn't impair me from enjoying the show, but it's there.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Season 8 has been delayed to 2025. Rick & Morty: The Anime will instead be our R&M fix this year.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
2/28: Harmon and Marder confirm Evil Morty will return and they have plans and 'grand designs' for him.

3/2: "Eight will have a lot of similar flow and vibes to six and seven, which is like a cool balance of silly and one-up canonical stuff," Rick and Morty showrunner Scott Marder told Variety. "That's the stuff I want as a fan. And that's the stuff that Harmon and I work on all jammed together. I'm really proud of these last couple of seasons; they're sort of the perfect blend of what I look for as a fan."

6/24: Harmon said they're in the home stretch of the 70 episode order and have 10 left to work on.

Last edited:

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Rick And Morty Will Not Return In 2024"​

Rick-and-morty-wallpaper.jpg

"Over the past few years, Rick and Morty has grown a knack for nailing a November-ish premiere for each of its seasons. Early in the run, the wait was glacially long between one season and the next…but after a gargantuan 70-episode order was arranged between the show staff and Adult Swim, they had the breathing room to smooth things out and keep the factory churning at a reliable pace.

Until now.

We don’t know the exact reason, but Season Eight of Rick And Morty will not be appearing this fall on AS. Instead it will premiere sometime in 2025. This reporter wonders if this is the reason why the network has been pushing “Rick And Morty: The Anime” so hard, which we know WILL premiere in 2024."

Read the full article here.

Conttactt

We don’t know the exact reason, but Season Eight of Rick And Morty will not be appearing this fall on AS. Instead it will premiere sometime in 2025.
We know the exact reason though, the writers strike threw them off their usual fall premier schedule.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
We don’t know the exact reason, but Season Eight of Rick And Morty will not be appearing this fall on AS. Instead it will premiere sometime in 2025.

The reason is pretty obvious: Airing a new season of R&M alongside the premiere of the anime would be too much, so they're spreading it out.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm

Featured Posts