C&C - Rick & Morty - Season Six Talkback

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Evil Morty destroyed the Central Finite Curve and the Citadel of Ricks in the Season 5 Finale. How are Rick & Morty going to get home and survive the end of their reality find out tonight at 11:00 pm in the season 6 premiere of Rick and Morty.

Season 6 Episode 1: Solaricks

Synopsis: Last season's finale was a doozy, broh. What do we do now, broh?

In case you missed the trailer and the promos that I uploaded on YouTube here they are:

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Rick's infinite crib has been destroyed.
The Citadel is no more.
Evil Morty is loose somewhere in the multiverse.
And our protagonists are up a creek without a loaded portal gun.

But they wanted a sixth season, so...

NOBODY...QUITS...TWITTER.

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
You asked, and we listened--Rick and Morty title sequence, now with more flying squirrel!

You asked, and we listened--Rick and Morty, now with more neon glow!

Remember his crybaby backstory?

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Welcome back to Cronenberg World.

I want to loot the ruins of a space station too!

Man, when Rick beats himself up, he really beats himself up.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Cronenberg World, dead Beth dimension, God of War, Wendy's...they're all over the place.

His wife and daugher are dead and he looks like Gandalf, but he's IMPROVED.

Any more letting go and we'll have a Frozen sequel on our hands.

Nice to see you too, Rick.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Jerry can finally escape his dimension: being yelled at his season 2 family.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Good job, season two Jerry.

Oh crap, the world's gone kawaii~!

How many more series resets do we have left here?

Maybe just call it "not-mozzarella".

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Looks like Evil Rick will probably be the overarching villain for this season.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
"Solaricks" - I do feel a bit of a problem this show has is wanting to reset the characters and dynamics a bit too much whenever we actually do see some genuine growth and development. Like I am glad at this point everyone in the family is well aware Rick does care and his whole "oh I don't value you at all and would just let you die" really is an act but I kind of thought the end of the last season was more of a shift into Rick and Morty being generally on a more equal footing. Like I get Rick's attitude wouldn't shift too much but feels like that change wasn't really well addressed here. Still I have to give major credit for how the story wrapped up in this episode. I really like getting to see Rick, Morty and at the end Jerry sent to their "home" time lines and dealing with that. I admit the whole ghost of Diane though sort of a funny idea and I do think it makes sense with how self destructive Rick is that he would make this whole reality a reflection of his most tragic loss and put that on a loop did get a bit grating to the end so thankfully she left just when she was really wearing out her welcome. I appreciate pointing out how much healthier Jerry and and Beth's relationship is now and that yeah the Jerrys did get switched all the way back in "Mortynight Run" (I kind of assumed they didn't but eh works here) and him getting that one moment flipping off that variation of the family was funny. The best use of this had to be Morty reuniting with his original dad and finding out that variation of Summer and Beth died and how bitter that made Jerry. Him pointing out how Morty left them and how he has nothing and finally learned from Rick to be dettached is probably a variation of Jerry's coolest yet coldest moment and I also like how he was brought down by who will likely be another reoccuring villain of the series who I guess is... super callous just does not care Rick. He probably needs a better name but him just taking out Jerry after he tried slicing his throat after being introduced with that room of him in that pod naked and all those counters one of which may work to show just how off his rocker this take on Rick is works as an intro. Plus I like the idea that Rick only came to Morty's original universe to settle his vendetta with this guy but wound up bonding with Morty thus why he was fine bringing him along to switch realities and generally grew close to him and the rest of the other family. Heck even the stuff with Beth and "Space Beth" over Summer and Summer admitting "I'm 17 I want some acknowledgement but mostly independence" was a good way of wrapping up that sort of weird sitcomy plot.

And yeah a lot of solid jokes referencing Endgame (love Morty's "the whole not knowing who Iron Man was bit... who was that for?"), calling out "Evil" Morty for just peacing out and leaving and comparing it to someone getting off twitter, how long it took each of them to get warped away, Summer admitting how she gets perks unlike Morty for the adventure (though if she has wolverine claws shouldn't she be using them in the next ep... heh hope that's kind of addressed actually), regular Beth taking too long to kill one of the aliens, Nomad Jerry leaving the notes and writing one in a super hurry, everyone having to bury variations of themselves and learning in this world the way Parmesan is pronounced is super weird. I think I liked this one more story and character wise as some parts weren't too funny and honestly again wish on a progression level it didn't feel like a reset from the dynamic of last season but eh still a solid season premiere. I do hope though not only with Rick not being able to portal warp but also other smarter people popping through we see the challenges continue escalating and also see not only more of other evil rick but even Evil Morty as I still feel his story isn't done yet.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
As I thought after the last finale, the next big bad will be the Weird Rick (well, Pocket Mortys calls him that perhaps as a callback to "Close Rick-counters of the Rick Kind" when Evil Rick/Morty calls him "super weird"). Evil Mort was the first big bad, of course the next one's a Rick. But I'm pleased this Weird Rick finally returned because that provides a glimmer of possibility that we'll find out more about Rick's origin story and what Weird Rick wanted, offering to tell him the secret of teleportation in the first place but then sending the bomb after being turned down i.e. to manipulate the formation of the Citadel of Rick's base? Is it also related to the Central Finite Curve? Or did he do it in order to "create" a Rickest Rick that would be his rival? But then Rick concludes he's like the only Rick who doesn't care so there's the conundrum. If he's about anarchy, then in a way by killing Rick's family and setting him on the path he ended up on, he indirectly succeeded in fomenting the destruction of institutions like the Citadel of Ricks and I guess the Federation before that and screwing up portals. Eh, I'm overthinking this. And as Neo pointed out, it was a cool caveat that Rick went to Weird Rick's dimension waiting for him but ended up bonding with his Morty. I suppose there's also the question of what Weird Rick has been up to all this time besides building elaborate bases in space. EDIT: Ah, so the Inside featurette calls him Rick Prime.

Still dig that Rick places a lot of faith in Summer and thankfully this time it was a better outcome than when he sent her to get Mr. Nimbus's conch cell. The bit with her getting the Wolverine claws and bailing out the Beths. Beths were pretty hilarious, like when Beth couldn't kill the one raider. And arguing with Space Beth obviously. I just have the patience to do laundry! :D

Survivor Jerry in the Cronenberg world was a surprise hit. The notes, lmao. And was willing to slit the throat of a random Rick he met.

Last edited:

Nobodyman

Forgot the season premiere was on last night. I'm not doing a great job of keeping track of AS's non-Toonami shows.

Previously on Rick & Morty: Oh, not much. Seemed like a pretty standard season finale to me.

Welp, so much for those Mortys.

Beth to the rescue…well, a Beth.

Continuity alert!

Wolverine claws are generally three to a hand. You got gypped Summer.

So Rick’s fake backstory was real after all…or did we already establish that? I dunno.

Look at the hell you’ve wrought, Morty.

And look at the hell you’ve wrought, Rick. Though that’s nothing new.

Wow. OG Jerry turned out to be a jerk. A…Jerrky?

Well, guess we can’t blame Jerrky too much.

Dang. We’re gettin’ some real lore drops today.

Look at the hell you’re in Jerry.

Rick with the fourth wall breaks.

Apocalypse by Frundles. It’s all in the Book of Revelations.

New season, new timeline to hijack.

Welp, so much for that team up.

So now we’ve got Evil Morty and Evil Rick to worry about.

-batmat-

Great episode. Though I have to admit I couldn't remember how Season 5 ended and was surprised to see the new episode pop up in HBO Max, so I just played it. Great stuff!

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
9A10945D-EF12-4880-96A2-042441A07522.jpeg

Season 6 Episode 2: Rick: A Mort Well Lived.

Synopsis: Morty is trapped and Rick needs to save him, but to do so, Summer must do a Die Hard. This won't be easy because she's never seen it.​

Last edited:

Nobodyman

Previously on Rick and Morty: Jeez, as if Rick wasn't bad enough when he wasn't actively trying to be evil.

These "cool kids" all sound strangely familiar.

Ah, return of the Roy game.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts