C&C - Sailor Moon (UNCUT) Talkback Thread [5/31-TBA]

zoombie

This week's episode is unusual as it does divert from it's formula. No Tuxedo Mask, no monsters. The bad guys actually win sort of. The show still trying to find its footing and its formula.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
They also seemed to treat Motoki as Usagi’s crush in this episode. It is funny seeing her interested in someone other than Mamoru. With no other Sailor Scouts, the other characters are getting more emphasis than in later episodes. Even though I can see why they focus less on the creepy kid Umino who takes pictures of the teacher at the gym in later episodes.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
jah0u17.jpeg

Episode 5
rqP9213.jpeg

OPENING: Moonlight Densetsu by Dali
ENDING: Heart Moving by Misae Takamatsu

Scent of a Monster: Chanela Will Steal Your Love
Friday 6/28 at 5.0 PM

Synopsis: Usagi asks her family if they can officially keep Luna as a pet, but her little brother Shingo strongly objects due to his fear of cats. Instead, he brings home a pet Chanela, a creature that smells like perfume. Shingo becomes so absorbed in his new pet, that he behaves differently, which worries Usagi.​

aegisrawks

Next week, we get another of the banned episodes. It's been awhile since I watched that episode. I forgot why it was banned.
I think it was because Usagi entered a an Adult Bar and then the monster was extremely terrifying, until she showed her true form, which lookey pretty dopey.

Wait no, that's next episode.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Having seen the subbed version on Hulu years ago, I just thought I'd point out a joke that doesn't translate well into English. Usagi thought Luna said "pudding" instead of "princess". In Japanese, (custard) pudding is purin, which is also part of purinsesu (princess).

Thank you for cleaing that up. I thought it was weird when Luna said she was looking for the Moon Princess. I mean, didn't she find her already?

Bluebaron

Theoretically, sailor moon could've been given the ronin warriors dub treatment back in the day, is that correct? DiC just choose to overdo the localization?

Spotlight

Staff online

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Sparklefan1234 wrote on Classic Speedy's profile.
I just saw this on Reddit and instantly thought of you. ;)

Least favourite cartoon?

For me it's Poochini, I dislike the torment that Poochini goes through most of the time.
It's been 17 years and 17 days since the Problem Solverz pilot for Adult Swim (Neon Knome) was made! Even though I do prefer the final product, I think this pilot would make for a good series on [as].
Episode 2 of The Amazing Digital Circus just crossed the 100 million views mark!

I dont know if CNNickFan is a new member or an old one I didnt notice before but I loved their post on Jamie Kellner. A much needed voice of Reason

Featured Posts