"Captain Marvel" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Brie Larson posts a new still while reminding America to vote.

EDIT: Jude Law appeared on Colbert Monday night to talk about Fantastic Beasts, but he was quick to not reveal anything about who he plays and instead told an anecdote about how tight Marvel with secrets - making sure he wore the cloak so no one could photograph him and made his children sign NDAs. lol.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It must be hair pulling for the Prelude comic writers to do these stories. It feels like they're really leashed and only get to peck at a few seeds rather than Marvel Studios giving the okay to tell big stories and reveals. But in the real world it probably comes down to how their production schedule works differently than Marvel Comics blah blah.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
I don't understand who even reads them, they're basically 25% footnotes while the rest is just recapping what we've already seen.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
I don't understand who even reads them, they're basically 25% footnotes while the rest is just recapping what we've already seen.
I imagine it has to be someone since they've managed to continue making them for the past decade. They're probably easy sells to curious movie fans trying to figure what the next movie will be about or get an idea of who the new character is.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
And it's probably the first to not have its star character involved at all. Idk, the only really great ones were the Fury's Big Week and Black Widow ones for the first Avengers movie.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Yeah I noticed that thing about Maria Hill too.

Or maybe now they're finally admitting the character was copying that spy character from Dial M for Monkey.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
Outside of the short hair and the jumpsuit, I don't think I'd consider Hill and Agent Honeydew type. Maybe Contessa from the old Nick Fury comics was more like her.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Although this seems more like an Infinity War prelude then a Captain Marvel prelude :sweat:.
Speaking of - you can chop up the three new scenes in this prelude. The first is a 'new scene' that takes placing during Civil War. While Tony and T'Challa are racing off to Sibera, Fury and Hill watch footage of the airplane fight and go off the grid again. The second is a continuation from a scene in the Infinity War Prelude #1. Steve, Natasha, and Wilson's Syria mission goes sideways, which this comic confirmed to be months after the end of Civil War, and they have to run with the Chitauri dirty bomb to the Quinjet, where Fury is waiting and while in the air, Fury asks Steve to mend fences. And in the third, Hill visits Tony at the Avengers Facility while he tests his new armor about the same thing. Since the next scene is the IW end tag saying Months Later, this visit was a few months before IW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these proposals:

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.

Featured Posts