"Captain Marvel" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Like with that one time I watched Jimmy Kimmel a couple of years back, seeing something I normally wouldn't care about just because it has a Marvel trailer. In this case saw enough of that Football game... I don't care between who but saw the new Captain Marvel trailer there that's now online.

The music isn't nearly as good as the first one honestly but this one makes the plot way more clear: This time around instead of just being accidentally involved in an accident Carol was taken by the Kree and given their blood more purposely to become their top warrior thus why she doesn't really have access to her older memories as they were likely culled during that process. I appreciate this also going over more about the Kree and Skrull as well as the jokes about flying the aircraft ("that's a yes or no question") and Fury playing with the cat at the end. I think on screen Carol's full Captain Marvel powers will be impressive as will the whole "I'm ending this war" but eh... with the music chosen and the quick shots not as much but at least this gives you an idea what to look forward to with this movie. Sure there's a lot of stuff everyone can over analyze but eh that's enough for me to talk about with this one so let's see if we also get an Avengers 4 and Spider Man far from home trailers this week as well.

Frontier

Staff member
Thoughts on the new trailer:

- I think this might be the first time an MCU hero has started a movie brainwashed and working for the "bad guys," although I guess we could count Cap working for SHIELD in Winter Soldier :ack:.

- Carol with hand-to-hand? She trying to be the pre-Black Widow Widow :rolleyes2:?

- Man, Hala looks gorgeous :D!

- I wonder who that old lady is supposed to be? She kind of reminds me of Tracy Burke, a Carol Danvers supporting character, but I'm guessing she's part of the Kree Hiearchy or conditioning here :confused:.

- So Nick Fury got his start as an MCU sidekick. He's come a long way ;).

- Brie Larson's voice for Carol will still take some getting used to. She sounds a lot younger and softer then I'm used to with the character, but considering the character's mental state in the movie I wonder if she'll have different "voices" for Carol :oops:?

- That scene at the end with Binary Captain Marvel blasting through that armada was pretty awesome :cool:.

The I'm ending it part was dope and Fury loves cats, lmao.
I love how everyone I've seen keeps talking about the cat but Carol doesn't give a hoot about it in the trailer :p.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
The space scenes look really epic. Insert Super Saiyan hair joke here.

I may be wrong, but I have a hunch that Carol won't "unlock" most of her powers until the climax of the movie or something. It seems all the scenes where we see her let loose are set in space.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I think this might be the first time an MCU hero has started a movie brainwashed and working for the "bad guys," although I guess we could count Cap working for SHIELD in Winter Soldier:ack:.
Definitely a unique origin movie.

Man, Hala looks gorgeous :D!
Bout time we got to see it.

I wonder who that old lady is supposed to be? She kind of reminds me of Tracy Burke, a Carol Danvers supporting character, but I'm guessing she's part of the Kree Hiearchy or conditioning here :confused:.
I'm guessing she's chasing one of the Skrull that infiltrated S.H.I.E.L.D., maybe even Talos, and it takes on the guise of an old lady to shake her. But it doesn't work. Could be the one that's being dissected in the past trailer with Fury and Coulson watching.

I may be wrong, but I have a hunch that Carol won't "unlock" most of her powers until the climax of the movie or something. It seems all the scenes where we see her let loose are set in space.
Yeah, probably also right after she regains her memories.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Well, the comic version was an alien, so I guess they're being true in that respect :sweat:.
I hope to see some gifs of Fury, showing his scar, with the quote about it being from the last person he trusted from Captain America: The Winter Soldier - followed by the shot of Goose from this trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these proposals:

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.

Featured Posts