Cartoon Characters that remind you of other Cartoon Characters

Itchy

Scratchy's enemy
Richie Rich and Casper have a bit similar design. It was even debated in a Simpsons episode that Casper was the ghost of Richie.

Jayd

Richie Rich became Casper after he discovered how hollow the pursuit of money was and took his own life.:p;)

Or maybe he went to the other place and became Hot Stuff!

Anyway, in the cartoon Kwiki Koala, the Koala, who sounds like Droopy, is constantly having to outwit a wolf who seems to be the same as Mildew from the It's the Wuluf cartoons. But Kwiki can move around fast to escape danger so he doesn't need a big friend to clobber the wolf for him.

Master Toon

Tinker (Speed Buggy) and Clamhead (Jabberjaw) both remind me of Shaggy (Scooby Doo). :D

CrazyChase

isn't crazy, just confused
Hey, why not? (WARNING: LONG post)

Well, in terms of personality (and I'm probably the only one who thinks this), Usagi from Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon reminds me of Homer from The Simpsons somehow.

Why? Think about it. Yes, there are obviously differences between them (many I could list right now in fact), but if you study their character a little, their main characteristics are surprisingly similar. They both are ecstatic in their behavior most of the time, have mood swings here and there, aren't the brightest of the bunch, go through mindless adventures and learn absolutely nothing out of it (or at least, never bringing some of them it back up), and quite possibly be the worst role model you can trust, but deep down, to quote J.B Warner, they "always [have] [their] loved ones' best interest in mind. And even if [they] [don't] realize right away that his/her family or a friend needs his help, by episode's end he does see the error of his/her ways, because at the heart of it all, Homer/Usagi is a good man/woman..." And in the process, they learn to make friends, makes us laugh and cry through their personalities, and quite possibilty learn a thing or two here and there. And though it all, both of the are so lovable (depending on the saga or era mind you), you can't help but feel emotionally attach to them, so when something DOES happen to them, you feel it with them. And when they show it, brother, they show it.

But again, I'm probably the only one who sees this, so, TL;DR, they're both oafs with a good heart. Okay? Okay.

Jman

Duckman and Rodney j. squirrel (squirrel boy)

though it isn't fair due to the fact that both characters are created by everett peck.

duckman2.gif

squirrelboy.jpg

Monterey Jack

Shark Tale had a couple of biggies:

Jabberjaw...

Jabberjaw.jpg

jabberjaw.jpg

...and that Jack Black shark.

shark-tale-7.jpg

Jessica Rabbit...

jessica-rabbit.jpg

...and that Angelina Jolie fish.

angelina_jolie1.jpg

chalmers

Role Model
Since were on the topic of Jabberjaw, has anybody been into Wal-Mart and seen those ads on their in-store network that has something to do with cell phone service? The first time I saw it I immediately thought of Jabberjaw, as well as that walking fish from the Futurama episode A Big Piece Of Garbage and both Sealab 2020 and Sealab 2021.

OriginalGagBonke

Fan of 2-D animation.
Angi from Heavy Traffic reminds me of Homer simpson, Peace from Wizards reminds me of Bender. And MC Skat kat reminds me of Crash Bandicoot.

King_of_doom

kiva fan
Drew Saturday reminds of Shego, of course both characters voices are done by the same actress, also Drew reminds me Kiva from Megas XLR, probably both of them wearing jumpsuits, big boots and kicking butt XD.

zimbach

Nice Jigglypuffs! ¡
The primary casts of Dexter's Laboratory and Johnny Test:

Dee-Dee = Johnny
Dexter = Johnny's sisters (not only are they scientists/inventors, hey have red hair and thick-rimmed glasses)
that weird talking dog + DynoMutt (both one-episode characters but they add up to a match) = Dookie
mom and dad are pretty much the same mom and dad

chalmers

Role Model
I was just perusing a FoxTrot collection I bought today, and I realized that for some reason the eldest child, Peter Fox, reminds me of Kevin from Ed, Edd, n Eddy.

Kryten

I've been Pony'd
Here's one.

Flapjack. He's annoyingly cheerful, has bad teeth, an irritating, high-pitched voice, hangs out in a nautically-themed town, and spends most of his time with a greedy guy with a pirate accent.

Sound like anysponge we know?

Looneytunes

There are many Disney examples that come to my mind (Jafar and Scar; Captain Hook and Shere Khan; Hades and Prince John; Hades and Ursula; Jafar and Maleficent; Captain Hook and the Queen of Hearts; Baloo and Little John; Kaa and Sir Hiss; Judge Claude Frollo and Lady Tremaine; etc).

Snoopy and Garfield are an obvious example. They are both lovable yet troublesome, they both terrorize their owners, they both eat an Italian food that humans generally eat (they both also drink a beverage that humans generally drink), they both have a different species for both a sidekick and butt of their joke, they both have a girlfriend, they are both have human-like traits yet they are animals, and they both hate each others' species. They both also seem to be an animal version of Dennis the Menace to me.

Waffles, Gordon, and Mr. Blik remind me of cat versions of Ed, Edd and Eddy. Waffles and Ed are both not that bright, but are lovable oafs. Gordon and Edd are both bright and well mannered. Mr. Blik and Eddy are both greedy and too interested in money, they both also love root beer, if I remember correctly.

Some of the characters on "Rocko's Modern Life" and "Spongebob Squarepants" seem to be very similar - Rocko and Spongebob; Heffer and Patrick; Ed Bighead and Squidward; Mr. Smitty and Mr. Krabs; Spunky and Gary; etc. This is no surprise, however, since the two shows have some of the same animators.

I will post more if I think of any.

Looneytunes/Disneytoons

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts