Cartoon Characters that remind you of other Cartoon Characters

Bloody Marquis

Quite smashing, eh?
I always thought Kabuto from Naruto was essentially the anime Smithers due to being the trusty assistant of a decrepit, snake-like creature.

chalmers

Role Model
I always thought Kabuto from Naruto was essentially the anime Smithers due to being the trusty assistant of a decrepit, snake-like creature.

Speaking of, I found that slug character that followed around that moose in Camp Lazlo(don't know the names, shows how much I know about that show) reminds me of Smithers.

Craig Crumpton

This is a close-up?
I remember when "Family Guy" first premiered there was common criticism in the Warner Bros Club forum here that Stewie was a ripoff of The Brain, and not just the design style (oversized heads, potbelly) but personality traits as well.

But over time I think there's become a stronger distinction between the two, the primary one being that Stewie is evil and Brain is not. Brain may be a little egotistical at times, but he's generally good-natured and is simply obsessed with trying to take over the world.

Jimmy Neutron initially reminded me a lot of Dexter's Lab, but my opinion changed later. Both shows have a boy genius and there are other similarities, but the shows themselves are dramatically different.

And then of course there's "Drawn Together" where the resemblances are completely intentional and often hilarious.

Kevin the Geek

Golem fan
He's not a cartoon character, but Clank, a character from the Ratchet & Clank video game series, tends to remind me of Gir from Invader Zim, since they both look very similar to each other. However, Clank is much smarter than Gir. :D

Jeepers

Hi Hi Puffy Amy Yumi remind me of Starfire and Raven from Teen Titans.

That´s all I can think of right now

Craig Crumpton

This is a close-up?
Watching "Generator Rex" this past weekend, I was reminded of what is probably a deliberate resemblance of Agent Six to Agent Smith from "The Matrix" franchise which in turn was influenced by "Men in Black"-type government agents.

And yes I realize it's a little bit of a stretch to say Agent Six resembles a "cartoon character"; however, "The Matrix" and "Men in Black" have been produced as animated productions, so it's close enough for me.

@Kevin the Geek: Clank is relevant to me too. Although he's a video game character, he's in a computer-animated game franchise. And I thought the same thing when I saw the first "Ratchet & Clank" video game.

OriginalGagBonke

Fan of 2-D animation.
Although he may be remembered by a few people Mc Skat Kat reminds me of Crash bandicoot{I know he's a video game character though}.

Vzky

I remember when "Family Guy" first premiered there was common criticism in the Warner Bros Club forum here that Stewie was a ripoff of The Brain, and not just the design style (oversized heads, potbelly) but personality traits as well.

Actually, Stewie looks more like Jimmy Corrigan.

Peppermint Larry reminds me of Drew Pickles (not trying to invoke the meme).

Meg Griffin looks a lot like the housewife from "Wait Till Your Father Gets Home".

BartWinkle

Quick Draw McGraw and Tippytoes-the horse from Lariat Sam, which was shown on Captain Kangaroo-both used to remind me of Bullwinkle. They had similar looking schnozzes [When I saw Quick Draw on the small boxes of Sugar Smacks I used to think he was Bullwinkle not only because of the nose but the hat QD wore].

Master Toon

Jake the dog from Adventure Time reminds me of Bender of Futurama mainly due to the voice actor, well except there's no beer around and Jake's not all crazy or anything.

That's true. He's like a clean dog version of Bender. Those two could probably have a good time together since Jake has less moral values than Fry does.

Peppermint Larry reminds me of Drew Pickles (not trying to invoke the meme).

The comparison and the meme just go right over my head. :confused:

KJ Styles

The Instant Classic
Tinker (Speed Buggy) and Clamhead (Jabberjaw) both remind me of Shaggy (Scooby Doo). :D

Yep, basically because Speed Buggy and Jabberjaw were Scooby-Doo knockoffs (kids solving mysteries with an animal, or in SB's case a talking car).

Sebastian from Josie & The Pussycats is another version of Shaggy.

Nickle98499

Yep, basically because Speed Buggy and Jabberjaw were Scooby-Doo knockoffs (kids solving mysteries with an animal, or in SB's case a talking car).

Sebastian from Josie & The Pussycats is another version of Shaggy.

I think you mean Alexander, Sebastian was the cat on that show, and Alexander was Alexandra's brother, plus Alex was voiced by Casey Kasem, who voiced Shaggy on Scooby Doo

George3000

Suprised nobody said this yet, but:

Several character designs from Digimon Adventure (Season 1) seem to be partially, or fully based on the then-appearances of the cast of Pokemon: Agumon vs. Charmander, and Sora against Misty are the most blatant examples, IMO. Heh, when Pokemon: Advanced started airing on Kids' WB! in 2003, I almost immediately looked at May to Mimi, and Max as a minuture version of Joe.

Radical

Banned
I know a few cartoon characters that remind me of other cartoon characters, along with videogame/comic book characters as well, hehehe,

Dick Dastardly, The Dread Baron, The Joker(Batman:The Animated Series/The New Batman Adventures/Batman Beyond/Static Shock/Justice League), Waluigi, The Bowler Hat Guy, The Green Goblin(The Spectacular Spider-Man), Foolscap(Dinosaur King), and Largo(One Piece) - Those villains so remind me of Dick Dastardly due to their face appearances with the pointy nose/chin and the moustache along without the moustache.

Dr. Woe(Bugs Bunny), The Leader(The Incredible Hulk), Dr. Neo Cortex, & Eviler Doktor Frogg clone - They so have alot in common as cool, big-headed evil scientist freaks.

Sylvester, Claude the Cat, Tom, Mr. Jinx, Scratchy, Katnip, & Meowth - They're alot alike as poor bad cats that get alot of abuse/bashings which makes you feel sorry for them.

The Joker, The Prankster(Yogi Bear), The Boogieman(The Real Ghostbusters), The Disgruntled Postman(Dexter's Laboratory/The Justice Friends), Sneero(Walter Melon), Jazz Hands(Totally Spies!), Freakshow(Danny Phantom), Van Chancy(Duck Dodgers), Zombozo(Ben 10/Ultimate Alien), The Juggler(The Amazing Spiez!), Piedmon(Digimon, Digital Monsters), Alan Gabriel(The Big O), Laffite/Count Butler/Gecko Moria(One Piece/Movie 3:Chopper's Kingdom on the Island of Strange Animals), Lazar(Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's), and Jin(Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal) - Those evil clown-like villains so remind me of The Joker with that creepy, sadistic, psychotic clowny vibe they got, hehehe.

Launchpad Mc.Quack, Ripcord Mc.Quack, The Tick, Joe Swanson, The Crimson Chin, Nega Chin, Captain Qwark, Beauregard "Buck" Tuddrussel/his mobster doppelganger, & Stan Smith - They're so alike as big lovable/funny macho characters with really big chins, hahahahaha:p.

Chun-Li, Chick P.(Chop Socky Chooks), Vivian(Yu-Gi-Oh!), Li-En(Zatch Bell!), Tenten(Naruto/Shippuden), Chao(Negima!), Zhang(Fighting Beauty Wulong), and Mei Mei(Beyblade:Metal Masters) - Those sexy chinese girl martial artists so remind me of Chun-Li by looks/appearances, cool:D.

The Dark Princess(The Rainbow Brite Movie), Princess Azula, Master Cyclonis, Regina The Iron Queen(Sonic the Hedgehog), and Sailor Galaxia - They're all the most greatest evilest, sexy, ruthless, sadistic, tyrant villainesses ever, hahahaha.

Kirby, Fat Majin Buu, & Chansey - They so remind me of Kirby as big pink round blobs, but Super Majin Buu is much like Kirby going evil on steroids, hahahaha.

Alexandra(Josie & the Pussycats), Veronica Lodge/Cheryl Blossom(Archie), Nina(Braceface), Mandy(Totally Spies!), Gemini or "Gem"(Sabrina:The Animated Series), Tricia(6teen), Heather(Total Drama Island/Action/World Tour), Sasha(Titan Maximum), Tammy(The Amazing Spiez!), Ryoko(Tenchi Muyo!), Martina/Naga(Slayers), Sakurako(Ayane's High Kick), B-ko(Project A-ko), Shayla(El-Hazard), Kanako(Love Hina/Again), Ino(Naruto/Shippuden), Ayaka(Negima!), & Sue(Maris the Supergal) - Those mean sexy girls are so alike due to their flirty, selfish, stuck-up, obnoxious personalities while having funny clashing/bickering rivalries with the other awesome hot girls like Josie, Betty, Sharon, Clover, Sabrina, Nikki, Gwen/LaShawna, Jodi, Megan, Ayeka, Lina, Ayane, A-ko, Nanami, Naru, Sakura, Asuna, & Maris which their funny catfights are awesome.

Clayface & Putty Thing(The Mask Animated Series) - Putty Thing so reminded me of Clayface who's another clay monster with the same shapeshifting powers as him.

Tubby Tompkins(Little Lulu), Eric Cartman, & Augustus "Gus" or "G-Man" Bachman Turner(Robotboy) - They have alot in common as fat selfish, egotistical brats that usually hang out with the heroes at times while insulting/bashing on them as well, hahahaha.

The Violator & Ricardo - Lord of Darkness - Ricardo's true form so reminded me of The Violator which they're so much alike since they're both scary, vicious, merciless villains.

Buttercup(The Powerpuff Girls), Toph, Makoto(Super Street Fighter 4), Lita/Sailor Jupiter(Sailor Moon), Ryuunosuke(Urusei Yatsura), the Girl Ranma/Akane/Ukyo, Kanna(Sakura Wars), Ayane(Ayane's High Kick), A-ko(Project A-ko), Jo(Burst Angel), Motoko(Ghost in the Shell:Stand Alone Complex), Maki(Air Master), and Maris(Maris the Supergal) - All of them are the best cute tough tomboy fighters ever along with their cool fighting styles.

Gin(Bleach), Ian(MAR), Shagie(Beet:The Vandel Buster/Excellion), & Professor Banner(Yu-Gi-Oh! GX) - Those fox-faced villains so remind me of Gin when they have that creepy/sadistic vibe when their eyes open up.

Starfire & Raven and Ami & Yumi - Those girls so remind me of Starfire & Raven by their similar personalities & funny chemistries together.

Starfire & Nia(Gurren Lagann) - Nia so reminded me of Starfire with the same sweet/innocent/naive/funny personality & they're both voiced by Hynden Walch.

Carly(Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's) & Shiho(Naruto Shippuden) - Shiho so reminded me of Carly due to their hypno-like glasses & funny/clumsy personalities while having crushes on the cool guys like Jack Atlas & Shikamaru, hehehe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vzky

Freakazoid, Mr. Incredible, and Blasto from that PS1 game remind me much of each other.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Mikey Simon, the title character from Kappa Mikey reminds me of Fry from Futurama, what with the similar look and the orange hair.

Brenda (Uncle Grandfather's sexy assistant from Perfect Hair Forever) looks similar to Starfire from Teen Titans: TAS.

Kool345

Starting at 8/7c on ABC
Let's see here:

*Chowder (Chowder) reminds me of Flapjack (The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack): they both have adventure personalities.

*Caitlin (6teen) reminds me of Lo (Stoked): They are both spoiled and had a lot of money.

*Jonesy (6teen) reminds me of Reef (Stoked): They both had that "cool" personality.

*Jude (6teen) reminds me of Broseph (Stoked): They are both laid back and are kind of unaware of things.

*Wyatt (6teen) reminds me of Johnny (Stoked): They both are responsible and work hard.

*Nikki (6teen) reminds me of Fin (Stoked): They both have their sarcastic remarks and they both are honest, even if it is mean.

*Jen (6teen) reminds me of Emma (Stoked): They both are responsible, kind, and hardworking.

*Mung (Chowder) reminds me of Captain K'Nuckles (The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack): They both act like leaders and love adventure.

Urusei Yatsura

The Revolutionist
Spongebob, Chowder, and Flapjack all remind me of each other some time or another...

Asuka (Evangelion) reminds me of Kallen (Code Geass) due to 1) Both are red-heads. 2) Both pilot red mecha. 3) They kind of have the same personality and mommy-issues. (kinda)

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts