Cartoon Characters that remind you of other Cartoon Characters

Atoon

Broken English
I don't watch either show, but I think the characters of Danny Phantom and My Dad the Rock Star follow a similar pattern:

• Danny Fenton / Willy Zilla (The protagonist)
  • Tuck Foley / Quincy (Best friend)
  • Sam Manson / Alyssa (Best she-friend)
  • Jazz Fenton / Serenity Zilla (Older sister)
  • Jack Fenton / Rock Zilla (Father)
  • Maddie Fenton / Crystal Zilla (Mother)
  • Dash Baxter / Buzz Sawchuck (Bully)

mowub

Voltar (League of Super Evil) and Invader Zim.
- Both are short guys with big heads and antennae, red suits, gloves and boots, who have evil plans which always fail miserably. They even sound similar.

Itchy

Scratchy's enemy
Irma from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles looks a bit like Jeanette from The Chipmunks(Or Chipettes)

Taco Wiz

The Loyal Order of Stupids
Spongebob=Stimpson J. Cat.

Spongebob himself is an adult with the mind of a child. Despite SEEMING somewhat unintelligent, he's almost enlightened as he understands what life is all about..which means he's not as stupid as Squidward thinks.

Stimpy himself is an adult with the mind of a child. Despite SEEMING somewhat unintelligent, he's almost enlightened as he understands what life is all about..which means he's not as stupid as Ren thinks.

rattis1

Bender from Futurama is pretty much a grown up version of Bart Simpson (with a shiny metal ass, though). Some people like to compare Bender to Homer, but the big difference between those two is that while Homer is an inconsiderate jerk, he hardly ever realizes that he is one, while Bender on the other hand not only knows fully well what an a-hole he is, but absolutely loves making people miserable just for the sake of making people miserable. And that's exactly the kind of person Bart is as well. But then again, Bart's limit to how evil he can be without his conscience acting up is a lot lower than Bender's.

Kryten

I've been Pony'd
Spongebob=Stimpson J. Cat.

Spongebob himself is an adult with the mind of a child. Despite SEEMING somewhat unintelligent, he's almost enlightened as he understands what life is all about..which means he's not as stupid as Squidward thinks.

Stimpy himself is an adult with the mind of a child. Despite SEEMING somewhat unintelligent, he's almost enlightened as he understands what life is all about..which means he's not as stupid as Ren thinks.

Eh, I don't see it.

Now, Stimpy and Billy of "Billy and Mandy"... there's a resemblance there.

LeatherJeans

Genderbending=Awesomeness !
Sorry if I'm talking in a super-old thread but I want to update this a little.

Jake the dog from Adventure Time reminds me of Bender of Futurama mainly due to the voice actor, well except there's no beer around and Jake's not all crazy or anything.

Also, Finn is sorta like Flapjack in a weird way...

SuperMegaHyper

...I don't even know anymore.
Sorry if I'm talking in a super-old thread but I want to update this a little.

Jake the dog from Adventure Time reminds me of Bender of Futurama mainly due to the voice actor, well except there's no beer around and Jake's not all crazy or anything.

Also, Finn is sorta like Flapjack in a weird way...
Actually now that you mention that, if Bender somehow turned into a organic non-human, was a little bit less of a jerk he'd basically be Jake. And while we're on this subject Gaz (Invader Zim) is basically Mandy (Grim Adventures Of Billy and Mandy) if Mandy cared less if that was even possible.

launchpad20

Anyway, in the cartoon Kwiki Koala, the Koala, who sounds like Droopy, is constantly having to outwit a wolf who seems to be the same as Mildew from the It's the Wuluf cartoons.
That's because Tex Avery created Kwiki Koala before he died in the early 80's.

Anyway, I'd like to say that Thundarr, and He-Man have alot in common as far as similarities go. They're both strong looking men with blond hair, they wear loin cloth underwear, and carry a sword, but that's where the similarities end. While Thundarr has a sword, it's more like a light saber. Also, Thundarr doesn't have a secret identity like He-Man does.

radioflyer

Johnny's sisters from Johnny Test totally remind me of Dexter from Dexter's Laboratory.

Wubbzy from Wow Wow Wubbzy reminds me of Spongebob.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
Johnny's sisters from Johnny Test totally remind me of Dexter from Dexter's Laboratory.

Not a coincidence, given that Johnny Test's creator, Scott Fellows, was partially inspired by Dexter's Lab. However, the Test Twins were also inspired by Fellows' real life sisters, also named Mary and Susan.

To Fellows' credit, the Test Twins are red-haired geniuses like Dexter, and like Dex they have their own lab and their fair share of sibling problems, but that's where the similarities end. Personality-wise, Susan and Mary are quite different from Dexter.

launchpad20

Kowl from 'She-Ra' reminds me of Archimedes from 'The Sword In the Stone'. They're both owls who make sarcastic, witty remarks. Speaking of 'She-Ra', Madam Razz is kinda similar to Witch Hazel in that they're both absent minded with magic.

JesseCuster

Figment of Your Imagination
This may seem like a really big stretch, but I've always felt that Danny Fenton (Danny Phantom), and Terry McGinnis (Batman Beyond) were all just minor variations on Peter Parker (Spider-Man).

Also Jin (Samurai Champloo) looks and acts like a grown up Sasuke (Naruto).

Nickle98499

That maybe because both those shows were "clones" of Scooby Doo, Where Are You? You may find that Jabberjaw will remind you of Scooby Doo.

There were so many clones of Scooby Doo produced that there tons of characters that would remind you of other characters, for example:
Josie from Josie and the Pussycats, Debbie from Speed Buggy, Pepper from Clue Club and the teenage version of Pebbles pretty much all were like Daphne

Alan from Josie and the Pussycats, Larry from Clue Club, Mark from Speed Buggy all were like Fred

The two characters mentioned in another post(Clam Head and Tinker) were pretty much like Shaggy

The similarties could pretty much go on forever, even though most of those shows only got a single season

launchpad20

I just remembered the 'Jack & The Beanstalk' anime from the 70's, and Tulip (the giant) is an interesting cross between Lurch from 'The Addams Family', and The Incredible Hulk. Plus, he gets stronger as he gets madder.
Also Drew reminds me Kiva from Megas XLR, probably both of them wearing jumpsuits, big boots and kicking butt XD.
I'd also like to point out that Kiva from 'Megas XLR' looks suspiciously like Iria.

Last edited by a moderator:

Monterey Jack

Kayley from Quest For Camelot is a shameless ripoff of Belle from Beauty & The Beast. :shrug:

MV5BMTIwMTA5NzE5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjQ4MjU3._V1._SX432_SY260_.jpg

belle.jpg

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts