Cartoon characters you feel sorry for.....

Kuro-Neko

I feel sorry for Ron Stoppable("Kim Possible") and Dib("Invader ZIM") because every body thinks they are losers and treat them badly.I usually feel sorry for the underdog.
What cartoon characters do you feel sorry for?

loyalheart

It's Not TV. It's Cliche
i was gonna say Ron too.

but i think KP fans like him but i guess people on the show dont.

oh well.

Kuro-Neko

Originally posted by KimPossibleFan
i was gonna say Ron too.

but i think KP fans like him but i guess people on the show dont.

oh well.
i've always wondered why people on the show treat Ron like crap.
hes really nice and he never does anything to them

J.C.

Citizen of Cobra-La
Some cartoon characters I feel sorry for:

Buttons (Animaniacs) Really, this poor dog is always saving Mindy from certain doom, and he gets yelled at by the girls mom for his efforts. Often found myself wishing he'd let the kid go and leave the mom to deal with the cops when her daughter ends up as street pizza.

Yamcha (Dragon Ball Z) Always felt bad for the guy since he was dumped by Bulma for Vegeta, and that always kept me from liking Vegeta as much as others do. Doesn't help Vegeta's case much either when taking into consideration that Yamcha was my favorite character in the original DB.

Tim Drake (Return of the Joker) You know, I really hate the animated version of Tim Drake, but not even he deserved what happened to him in that movie. Really tragic.

PC!

lolwut?
after first seeing this topic, Cat from Catdog sprang to mind. The poor guy always seemed to get the raw end of the deal, when he deserved to be the one with the happy ending instead of the other characters (just my personal opinion).

skite

i was saying boourns
dib (i look like him :p )he never succeds (besides the muffin at zim that was sweet)
the penguin from batman because he was driven to crime because he walks like and looks like a penguin :p
tomas Shubaltz (zoids) he never had a chance with Fiona :(

Zoddman

Made for your pleasure
Dexter in the early episodes. Couldn't he just have turned Didi into a booger or something? Felt so sorry for the little guy.

BrendaBat

WTF!?
Dexter in the early episodes. Couldn't he just have turned Didi into a booger or something? Felt so sorry for the little guy.
Hey, I like Dee Dee:D . Besides, everytime Dex got rid of her he just ended up missing her and bringing her back anyway

Anyway, I felt really bad for Tim Drake in Batman Beyond:ROTJ and I feel bad for Ron Stoppable, too. And it always hurts to see my fellow dorks get treated like crap :(

HellCat

Lesser spotted Brit
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I.R. Baboon- Mainly for just the first season. When David Feiss took a more active role, Weasel often got the bad treatment instead

Dexter- Dee Dee is really evil to him in some eps. The Big Cheese comes to mind

Dick Dastardly and Muttely- I always wanted them to win

The Eds- They never get a lucky break

finbarlafume

Three characters spring to mind

Wile E Coyote, the tragic hero of animation.

Pepe Le Pew, the skunk who will never get a date.

Fifi La Fume, another skunk who's unlucky in love. ( the sight of her shedding tears makes one desperate to give her a cuddle )

Djm912

Wile E. Coyote. Arguably the most tragic story in animation.

Cartoon characters with speech problems(Porky Pig, Elmer Fudd, etc.). They're never be truly respected for what they do.

Tien from Dragon Ball Z. Him more than any of the other "weak" characters. During the Cell saga he still gave everything he had instead of acting scared and depending on the Saiyans for everything.

candy17

Black, White, and Amorous
Hard Luck Larry (pt. 1)

Along with the characters in the post above me, I also feel sorry for all of the following:

The Larry 3000 from "Time Squad": I don't know why, but you really have to feel sorry for the fact that he has to put up with an idiot like Tuddrussel.

Sylvester The Cat: The cat gets hit with brooms and anvils and whatnot and gets beaten up by Granny whenever that bird rats him out. Plus, he smokes, takes pills, and drinks coffee to calm his nerves.

Penelope the Cat (the cat that's always getting painted on the Pepe Le Pew cartoons): The Pepe cartoons are a double-edged sword because you can't feel sorry for one person; you have to feel sorry for both. From a girl's POV, I feel really sorry for her because here she is, minding her own business, when out of nowhere this horny skunk comes and bombards her with caresses, kisses, and fractured French. And you wonder why these cartoons are despised in this day and age? :rolleyes: :D :eek:

I also feel sorry for George Jetson, even though I prefer "The Flintstones" over "The Jetsons" because that guy always gets yelled at and fired by Mr. Spacely.

I wonder if George killed Spacely because on the episode of "Harvey Birdman" where Shaggy and Scooby are tried for possession of marijuana (along with Fred, Daphne, and Velma), George is behind the Plexiglass at the prison in an orange jumpsuit while his family is on the other side and George says, "Daddy will be home real soon".

I also feel sorry for any character that has had the misfortune of being paired with Foghorn Leghorn (the dog, Miss Prissy, Henery Hawk, Egghead, Jr.) because Foggy's a big bully and they have to put up with this and Porky Pig because being taunted by such brash characters as Daffy Duck has affected his self-esteem immensely (as does Elmer Fudd).

Last edited by a moderator:

Novdeloth

Come on, get happy!
Originally posted by candy17
The Larry 3000 from "Time Squad": I don't know why, but you really have to feel sorry for the fact that he has to put up with an idiot like Tuddrussel.

Not to mention that he was in a crate for the first nine years of his life, and after the governments of the world united as a supernation, he was considered obsolete.

I also feel sorry for Donald Duck, my first favorite cartoon character. The guy just couldn't get a break. He almost always got beat up and was blamed for nearly everything (an excellent example was when he was accused of kidnapping Mickey Mouse. This happened in a Disney special that aired twelve years ago. To summarize, there was a big celebration and Mickey pulled off his sorceror act when he was forbidden to. He disappeared and some magical dude put a spell on everyone--besides Mickey, of course--so that they couldn't recognize him, just to teach him a lesson about using "unauthorized magic". But as with all Disney films, wrongs were righted and everything ended hunky-dory).

But I'm sort of glad, because Donald's been given the spotlight in recent years, even though he's still getting pummeled...

JTurner954

Paradigm City, USA
1. All those animals that Elmyra had that tried to break free from her grasp.

2. Frank Grimes: The guy tried and tried to be successful, and ended up dying (to this day, I don't see how that is funny).

Jack

Rabbit of Tomorrow!
Daffy Duck in Cartoon Network's promotions, and on several episodes of "The Bugs Bunny Show." Basically, they stopped giving reasons for Daffy getting pushed around, so he seems disrespected and unliked for absolutely no reason. Makes Bugs Bunny and the CN announcer come off like real jerks too...

I second the various cats from the Pepe cartoons (sorry, but it's not one cat), they were just minding their own business until Pepe came along.

The cat in "Fresh Airedale."

Definately Tom, from Tom and Jerry. There were a lot of times when I didn't think he really deserved what he got.

Jack :D

Greek_Honeybee

Dryad (sort of)
Originally posted by candy17
From a girl's POV, I feel really sorry for her because here she is, minding her own business, when out of nowhere this horny skunk comes and bombards her with caresses, kisses, and fractured French. And you wonder why these cartoons are despised in this day and age? :rolleyes: :D :eek:
You know, I never thought much of it. But now I have a female cat who came to us as a stray, and she looks just like those cats, minus the stripe, of course. She's sweet and lovable to us humans, but she's tough enough to beat up stray dogs! When I see those cartoons nowadays, I just want to yell "Why doesn't she sock him! She's a cat! She has claws! Use 'em!" :p

Lunacat

Fallen Angel
Originally posted by J.C.
Yamcha (Dragon Ball Z) Always felt bad for the guy since he was dumped by Bulma for Vegeta, and that always kept me from liking Vegeta as much as others do. Doesn't help Vegeta's case much either when taking into consideration that Yamcha was my favorite character in the original DB.

I second that, he was my fave in DB too and then he got a bad deal in DBZ.

Some others that come to mind:

Brain (Pinky & the Brain): He really needs new friends, lol. And then he gets stuck with Elmyra? Poor thing.

Scott Summers(X-men: Evo): Just watched "Blind Alley," felt really bad for the guy. His greatest weakness is his sunglasses? Ouch.

Wile E Coyote: I don't think this oen needs an explanation.

Pyro

Originally posted by Lunacat
Scott Summers(X-men: Evo): Just watched "Blind Alley," felt really bad for the guy. His greatest weakness is his sunglasses? Ouch.

I agree, I just saw "Blind Alley" too. He really has a hard time in that episode. He can't see because of his killer mutant power, and he is always brooding and feeling bad for himself. He's had such a bad life with Mr.Sinister running his orphanage, Duncan beating up on him, being abused by a foster parent, Jean toying with his emotions, being a mutant, his house being blown up, the list goes on. Though some of the things I mentioned only happened in the comics, I still feel sorry for him. At least one good thing did happen on today's episode...
He and Jean finally hooked up! ;)

I also feel sorry for the characters who have already been mentioned.

J.C.

Citizen of Cobra-La
Originally posted by JTurner954
1. All those animals that Elmyra had that tried to break free from her grasp.

Gotta agree with this one. Will also add Plucky Duck, Buster Bunny and most of the other Tiny Toon characters to the list since they're obviously not pets but she kept trying to treat them as such. That has to be humiliating, but it was still funny to watch. :D

Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2) Can't believe I forgot about him yesterday, but this is a person I always find myself feeling sorry for. This guy's always getting lost in more ways then one, and he has to deal with almost always coming second to Ranma.

The Frank Grimes vote reminded me of someone else I feel sorry for: Maude Flanders. The moment she was killed was when Homer went from lovable oaf to selfish pig in my eyes. Atleast it can be argued that Grimes brought his demise upon himself, but Maude's death was very tasteless, as was how Homer made light of it in the rest of the episode and his "prayer" in the episode where Krusty found out he had a kid.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts