Cartoon characters you feel sorry for.....

Tim Vee

XD LOL OMFE
Dante ("Clerks: TAS") : Poor Dante. He has so many bad things happen to him all at once, and it's usually Randall's fault.

Menchi ("Excel Saga"): As bad as Dante has it, at least he's not in danger of being eaten by Excel & Hyatt.

DarthGonzo

Fourteen Years!
Originally posted by Magentabeams
I always felt sorry fo Tom (tom and Jerry) Maybe, because I am cat person. :p

Sarahanne

I feel sorry for Tom because, even though there are some cartoons where he really doesnt do anything wrong, he still gets his butt kicked. Push Button Kitty, for example.

Sometimes Jerry's vengeance is a little extreme. Sure he used the mouse as a yoyo in "Polka Dot Puss", but did Tom really deserve to be frozen and then baked?

candy17

Black, White, and Amorous
Sympathy For The Simpsons

Originally posted by J.C.
Maude Flanders. The moment she was killed was when Homer went from lovable oaf to selfish pig in my eyes. Atleast it can be argued that Grimes brought his demise upon himself, but Maude's death was very tasteless, as was how Homer made light of it in the rest of the episode and his "prayer" in the episode where Krusty found out he had a kid.

Nah. IMO, Homer became a jerk on the episode where he has to get his car from the World Trade Center because there was no reason why he hated everyone in NY just because he was chased by a pimp when he was a teenager. When Maude died, Homer was back to this typical idiot/jerk self, only the writers kind of softened it for the sake of the death.

Besides, Maude was one of those supporting characters that, as Rev. Lovejoy says, "wasn't wacky or didn't have a memorable catch phrase".

And the prayer on "Insane Clown Poppy" was funny.

If I were to feel sorry for anyone on The Simpsons, I'd feel sorry for Lisa, because she's a brain living with an idiot family and Maggie, because she's always getting ignored.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lonestarr

Stop eating my sesame cake!
Staff member
I agree with a number of choices here:

Ron Stoppable (When I first saw him in the KP episode "Crush" the treatment of him was pretty heavy-handed, but the episode "Sink or Swim" just about made up for it.)

Buttons (There are no words for how unfairly he's treated. He risks his life for the overly curious Mindy, then he's chastised for it. Every time. Where's the justice, huh?!)

Cat (let's not kid ourselves; he's basically treated like the floor around a blind man's urinal*)

Dexter (I swear, Dee Dee does this stuff to him on purpose)

Frank Grimes (I found what happened to him to be very disturbing and unfunny. Even though the show jumped back - and forth, for that matter - I'd have to say that the "Simpsons" episode "Homer's Enemy" is the moment when the show jumped the shark.)

the cat in "Fresh Airdale" (Absolutely. Even at the very end, he got a raw deal.)

Dante (Although, some of the stuff that happens to him is hilarious; episode 4 - the courtroom one - is pure gold.)

Tom (Really, this was only in the cartoon where he was going to Hell. Sure, he was a jerk to Jerry, but he didn't deserve that.)

* - To any blind people or relatives/friends of blind people, please do not be offended by the above statement. I just felt that a strong way to express how badly Cat gets treated. Once again, I'm sorry.

LightAngel

Child of Twilight
I feel sorry for Samurai Jack ever since that Memories From Home episode. The poor guy is so alone in such a strange world.

J.C.

Citizen of Cobra-La
Originally posted by candy17
Nah. IMO, Homer became a jerk on the episode where he has to get his car from the World Trade Center because there was no reason why he hated everyone in NY just because he was chased by a pimp when he was a teenager. When Maude died, Homer was back to this typical idiot/jerk self, only the writers kind of softened it for the sake of the death.

Besides, Maude was one of those supporting characters that, as Rev. Lovejoy says, "wasn't wacky or didn't have a memorable catch phrase".

And the prayer on "Insane Clown Poppy" was funny.

Guess it's a matter of personal taste. I thought his New York remarks were funny myself, but that's because I had a big anti-New York feeling at the time the episode first aired. And my feeling sorry for Maude Flanders death has nothing to do with her being a memorable character, just the fact that she was killed because of Homers stupidity. But I did find the prayer in ICP to also be funny, just that it was something done in bad taste as it made Homer look worse since it was his fault she died in the first place, even if it was an accident.

BayouLady

Denis Leary for President!
I am with DjmGundam on wile Cyotoe....He is always getting his ass kicked.

Kenny from south park

Batgirl..cuz batman never paid any attention to how good she really was as a superhero..and she is not respected enough.

Tom from Tom and jerry

Mihouse from the simpsons...he never gets the bad-ass spotlight he deserves.

and almost every minority superhero (besides spawn) that doesn't get reconized

apache chief

Digu Volz

is yo' mama
I felt sorry for Sumilidon in today's Medabots episode. Heck, I feel sorry for any second banana since the best that they can hope for is to get beaten up by the main character's antagonist...

Although I don't feel sorry for him, it must be really tough for Zelgadis to keep getting sidetracked by his friends when he's trying to fulfill his own goal.

I feel sorry for all of the characters in G.I. Joe because they're such terrible shots. It's kind of hard to defeat the other side when you can only blow up their vehicles, which they just happen to have an unlimited supply of.

Spyke from X-Men Evolution is another, just because I don't think as many people that dislike really have very valid reasons in comparison to other characters.

Lonestarr

Stop eating my sesame cake!
Staff member
Thought of an alternate reply:

Cat - he gets treated with all the respect and compassion a person would show toward the dirt under their fingernails...sometimes, even less than that

Galaxia

My Favorite Ed
Menchi from Excel Saga - poor poor Menchi.... :(

Hyatt from Excel Saga - someone get that girl some medicine, lol.

Shinji Ikari from "Neon Genesis Evangelion" - 'nuff said. if I had a father like Gendo, I'd pray for a kidnapping. Or put myself up for adoption. Not to mention
how he almost killed Toji and turned the only person who actually liked him, Kaworu, into a human Pez dispenser.

Ed Edd n Eddy - they never get a lucky break (which is the dynamic of the show - they're not supposed to succeed. It's the "Wile E. Coyote finally catching the Road Runner/Johnny Bravo getting the girl/Pinky & The Brain finally taking over the world syndrome.")

Buttons from Animaniacs.

pabcool

drink. more. smoothie.
My Choices:

Buttons From Animaniacs.

Tom From Tom & Jerry.

Kenny From South Park.

A LOT Of Anime Characters.

Almost Every Jhonen Character Ever.

G. Wen

aspiring artist
This is going to sound stupid. The Trix Rabbit. YOU SELFISH KIDS, SHARE YOUR CEREAL W/ THE POOR, HUNGRY RABBIT!

MJC

Originally posted by Desdiablo
This is going to sound stupid. The Trix Rabbit. YOU SELFISH KIDS, SHARE YOUR CEREAL W/ THE POOR, HUNGRY RABBIT!

YES!!

Others that come to mind are...

Kenny from South Park
Tom
Android 16 from DBZ
Spike from CB
Dexter
Ren

Donna lady

Samurai Jack attack!
Originally posted by Desdiablo
That's funny, because just a few days ago my daughter, after being subjected to far too many Trix Yogurt commercials, said, "Why doesn't he just go get a carrot or something?!"

Like LightAngel, I also feel sorry for Samurai Jack. Especially after some of this season's humiliating experiences....
:eek:

zmanjz

Retired...?
I felt bad for Krillin... (You know always being the side kick, and NEVER getting the girl...)

But that changed when He married 18 (hottie) and had children.

I also used to feel bad for Gohan. I mean His mother is an insane slavedriver who ignores all logic. "My son can't save the world, he has to be a lawyer"... (for the dead? :confused: )
But then he met Videl (hottie) and ... Hmmm, we haven't gotten to the next part yet.

Oh well. I Guess I feel bad for any Geeky hero who never gets the girl... (Until they do, then I'm envious :D )

don Jaime

Cats almost invariably get beat up for being, well, cats. I couldn't stand Tom and Jerry or Sylvester cartoons growing up, they were too vicious. And you've not seen a cat take needless abuse until you've seen the sadism that is Herman and Katnip. Even today, I tend to avoid anything with the stereotypical loser cat in it. Dogs usually don't get this treatment, but Pluto was the exception.

Nowadays, Li Meilin comes to mind. No matter what she does or how hard she tries, she's never going to win that boy over.

Dub

BOB-OMB!
Ron Stoppable - for reasons alreaady mentioned

Shredder (G1 Ninja Turtles) - Even though he was the villian you had to feel sorry for him. He was saddled with Bebop and Rocksteady who could NEVER do anything right and was then ALWAYS put down by Krang who blamed everything on him XD Granted Shredder brought it all on himself but still.

Team Rocket - They are still the ONLY reason I will watch Pokemon. I dont know what it is about them, but you just have to pity them XD

Wile E. Coyote - Even when he catches the Road Runner, he fails miserably. :D

Anyone who has ever been a pet of Elmyra. ;)

Buttons :)

And above all -

WASPINATOR :D

wrenchien

some rants about hated episodes..

i really came to hate catdog because there were some episodes they simply 'died' at the end, ie the thanksgiving one, the catdog candy one, one where dog fried cat to nothingness, the one where cat got caught in a vacumn cleaner they survived (though the world was destroyed if briefly by his lives)..

at least, we can imagine that the parent mystery episode was the last episode , where they could have had a happy ending if the series had only ended there.

some edd, ed and eddy episodes, and ppg episodes i will just turn off, because they have such sad endings for the main characters that depress me to no end. Going back to jail for escaping from jail just to clear your names? drummed out on a sea of apparent butter into apparent oblivion? noone deserves this kind of ending.

Supernovametalstar

Weeljack from 1984 Transformers:
Here is their main science technician, helped build the Dinobots, reconstructed Optimus when he was disassembled in New York, saved the other Autobots' hides many times....AND THEY GO AND KILL HIM IN THE MOVIE! They didn't even animate any special scenes of him getting hit. the only way we know is because of the one shot when Arcee looks sad and we see Wheeljack's broken body lying on the ground. That's one of the reasons why I had a resentment for the "new bots" that came out post movie.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts