Cartoon characters you feel sorry for.....

Nadine

Procrastinatrix
While we're on the subject of cereal mascots, how about Granny Goodwitch? I felt kinda sorry for her as well.

Lonestarr

Stop eating my sesame cake!
Staff member
Can't believe I forgot about the Trix Rabbit. And the way the kids always act is like salt in a wound.

One more that I'm sure no one would ever have thought of:

The Family Dog (from the Amazing Stories episode of the same name) - He has to eat that gruesome-looking dog food, he's blamed for the father's flatulence and he was sent to a rough obedience school when he fails to project the home against burglars. That's a hard life for any animal.

Ikwig

is wishing. . .
I was just re-watching some Ranma this evening, and I realized that I really do feel bad for poor Ryoga - not only can he never get where he wants to go, but no one ever takes him seriously; and the love of his life only likes him when he's a pig! :eek:

I'd go out with him - he could use someone like me anyway - I'm really good with maps! ;)

(I'll tell you who I don't feel sorry for in the Ranma series tho' - Kuno - that guy's head is so big, he'd never even notice if you tried to be nice to him! :p )

Mackenzie Rainelle

Anime Psychoanalyst
Originally posted by Ikwig
(I'll tell you who I don't feel sorry for in the Ranma series tho' - Kuno - that guy's head is so big, he'd never even notice if you tried to be nice to him! :p )

Be nice to Kuno, he's a product of REALLY bad parenting (have you SEEN his dad? What a fruitcake!) and being used as a guinea pig for his sister's cooking and poison experiments for years on end, not to mention his mother just going off and LEAVING him with those two psychopaths....

Ikwig

is wishing. . .
Originally posted by Mackenzie Rainelle
Be nice to Kuno, he's a product of REALLY bad parenting (have you SEEN his dad? What a fruitcake!) and being used as a guinea pig for his sister's cooking and poison experiments for years on end, not to mention his mother just going off and LEAVING him with those two psychopaths....

Excellent points, all! I guess I'll have to be nice to him even if he can't notice it! :D

Lunacat

Fallen Angel
I just thought of some more:

Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2): How could I have forgotten him?! One of my all time fave. anime characters and the one character on Ranma 1/2 I feel really sorry for. I always cheered for him when he got close to telling Akane about his feelings. What can I say? I want the boy to be happy. :p

Mousse (Ranma 1/2): The guy is blind as a bat, and the girl he absolutly adores hates him with a passion.

Kyo (Fruits Basket): I've only watched the 1st two episodes and I feel bad for the guy! He just wants to be accepted in to the family!

Toji (Evangelion): I felt like Toji got one of the worst deals on the show.
He becomes and EVA pilot so he can get medical care for his sister, and then he gets the crap beat out of him
He is actually my fave. character of the series.

Trix Rabbit: They wont even give him some freakin' yogurt now?!

Pietro and Wanda Maximoff (X-men: Evolution): Their father is Magneto, need I say more?

The entire cast of X: depressing stuff

Ikwig

is wishing. . .
Originally posted by Lunacat
Mousse (Ranma 1/2): The guy is blind as a bat, and the girl he absolutly adores hates him with a passion.

How could I have forgotten Mousse? :(

Actually, any other guy in a series with a "Tenchi"-type character (you know, the one guy whom all the girls like), simply because no matter how cute, sweet, kind, smart, etc. they are, they still never have a chance with the girls - so unfair!

J.C.

Citizen of Cobra-La
Originally posted by Lonestarr
Can't believe I forgot about the Trix Rabbit. And the way the kids always act is like salt in a wound.

No lie. Suprised that parents seem to never complain that these commercials were "teaching" kids to not share with others.

JTurner954

Paradigm City, USA
Here's another one that I forgot to mention: Gill from The Simpsons.

Let him have a sale and live a good life.

Dub

BOB-OMB!
Originally posted by JTurner954
Here's another one that I forgot to mention: Gill from The Simpsons.

Let him have a sale and live a good life.

Geez - He has to be one of the most DEPRESSING animated characters known to man. You root for the guy and he cant get an even break PERIOD. XD

He's SO miserable that couldnt even slit his wrists without screwing it up and falling into a heap on the floor in tears. And you cant help BUT feel sorry for the poor guy. ^___^

Matthew Hunter

Super Genius
Yeah, I always felt sorry for the Trix Rabbit too. I think his ads are getting kind of old, not to mention frustrating. Just give him some Trix already! Or better yet, why doesn't hge go to the grocery store? :D
-Matthew

Nadine

Procrastinatrix
Originally posted by Matthew Hunter
Yeah, I always felt sorry for the Trix Rabbit too. I think his ads are getting kind of old, not to mention frustrating. Just give him some Trix already! Or better yet, why doesn't hge go to the grocery store? :D
-Matthew

That reminds me of that live action 'Got Milk' ad with the rabbit that they did a while back...

Blight

Walking radioactive biohazard
My list:

Tom (from Tom and Jerry): I feel very sorry for this cat. Sure, he treats Jerry like crap, but does that really deserve being hit in the head with a bowling ball, frozen into a block of ice, baked in an oven, run over by a truck, mauled nearly to death by ravage animals, crushed by a ceiling, and falling from a 100 story building, among countless other things? I think not!

Batman: how can you not feel sorry for him? He lost his parents as a child and was forced to become a dark creature of the night, and has never experianced any love during his entire life, except of course with Andrea Beaumont, who became a murderer and was taken away from him just like his parents. I feel his pain. :(

Dexter (from Dexter's Laboratory): I agree with whoever said Dee Dee messes up his lab jus to make him mad. The poor little genius always comes up with the most awesome inventions, but then his evil sister just has to come and destroy thse creations, which are, of course, Dex's only love. I think his "ditzy" sister might not be quite as dumb as we all think.

Helga Pataki (from Hey Arnold!): Now here's another person I feel very sorry for. Her parents never pay any attention to her, her mother is an obvious alchoholic who's asleep three quarters of her life, and her father's a self centered jerk who can't even seem to remember his own daughter's name. Keep in mind this was the way things were even when she was 4 years old (as seen in "Helga on the Couch")! Now imagine just what this does to a kid. So of course, Helga's now a mean spirited bully and almost everyone dislikes her, but they don't realize that on the inside, she's a poor little lost soul who just needs a little love. Well I went on and on with this one. Guess it's cause I'm a big Hey Arnold! fan. :D

I'm also with everyone else on the Trix rabbit. Come on you rotten little kids, just give the poor rabbit some cereal already, will ya', you punks! Ever heard of the word "share"?

See ya!
Blight

Mek

Digestive Juices
I feel bad for two MOTU characters: Orko and Mekaneck.

I stated my reasons for feeling sorry for Mekaneck in the Toonami forum, so I'll save you my blathering here. :p

As for Orko... well, I feel sorry for him because he's constantly picked on: By the fans AND some of his friends. Did you see in the 2K2 episode 'Lessons', he was only trying to help, but Man-at-Arms screwed Orko over. I can identify alot with Orko, so no suprise there. ^^

Other characters... I feel sorry for Jerri from 'Digimon Tamers', Charlie Brown, Goofy (everything he does goes horribly wrong. I also have newfound respect for him after a certain scene in 'Kingdom Hearts') and OF COURSE the Trix Rabbit. 'Nuff said there. ^^

Nadine

Procrastinatrix
Originally posted by Blight
Helga Pataki (from Hey Arnold!): Now here's another person I feel very sorry for. Her parents never pay any attention to her, her mother is an obvious alchoholic who's asleep three quarters of her life, and her father's a self centered jerk who can't even seem to remember his own daughter's name. Keep in mind this was the way things were even when she was 4 years old (as seen in "Helga on the Couch")! Now imagine just what this does to a kid. So of course, Helga's now a mean spirited bully and almost everyone dislikes her, but they don't realize that on the inside, she's a poor little lost soul who just needs a little love. Well I went on and on with this one. Guess it's cause I'm a big Hey Arnold! fan. :D
Yay, another Arnold fan :)

Have you seen my HA page, Blight?

Toon Capone

You all listed some good ones here are mine.

Batman
Charlie Brown
Kenny from South Park
Team Rocket
Zim
Cat from Cat Dog
Squidward
Trix Rabbit
Tom
Furball
Shredder
Luigi
Gill & Moleman from The Simpsons

There's more though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric B

Oh yeah, Charlie Brown. How about It's Your First Kiss when Lucy once again pulls the football from him causing him to lose the game. Then at the party, she's the first one to say "what are you doing here; you lost the game1"
I don't know why people keep making stuff like that. Isn't there enough misery and irony in the world? And the characters just keep taking it, and there is no retribution at all.

Jade_GL

An Aperture Science Original
Hmmm, I have two off the top of my head. Both anime.

Neherenia - Sailormoon
Very evil, but at the beginning of the fifth season you get to see a different side of her, and it was a pretty sad story. Seeing her a little kid was also very cute....

Shinohara Wakaba - Revolutionary Girl Utena
I felt bad for her from the very first episode, and that feeling continued until her final appearance in the final episode. Her duel episode was the most emotionally hyped up and it was the saddest outcome of a duel, I think. All in all, a character that I adore, but that gets too much crap piled on her in various situations. The letter incident, her duel, etc.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts