Cartoon Network International News Thread 14.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

J10

Yesterday, Pierre Branco leaves WBD’s role for France, Benelux, and Africa.

New management structure is expected to be announced soon by Gerhard Zeiler.

GAS, and also France, Benelux, and Africa are brought together in one team, while the Nordics are neglected and kept as it is, beside Poland and CEE/MENA/Mediterranean team won’t be changed.

Discovery Nordic and Germany are broadcasted in the same broadcasting authority in Munich, however, Nordics won’t be merged with GAS, and Africa (Speaking major languages such as Arabic, French, and English) won’t be pulled from France and Benelux.

James Gibbon will oversee South Asia and all Asia-Pacific together.

Last edited:

Francisque

I'm almost sure these shouldn't affect too much the management of channels.

E.g. likely the CEE channels will continue to look "German"

Reactions: J10

ROToon Alt

GAS, and also France, Benelux, and Africa are brought together in one team, while the Nordics are neglected and kept as it is, beside Poland and CEE/MENA/Mediterranean team won’t be changed.

Discovery Nordic and Germany are broadcasted in the same broadcasting authority in Munich, however, Nordics won’t be merged with GAS, and Africa (Speaking major languages such as Arabic, French, and English) won’t be pulled from France and Benelux.

James Gibbon will oversee South Asia and all Asia-Pacific together.
They tried to change last time as well with CEE on UK (Nordic team) and Netherlands with France but that "deal" or whatever was went lost in void

sorin96

Animes are banned on CN CEE
They are considered too violent and how România redub some episodes from Adventure Time season 1 and other cuts from other shows...you won't see those anytime soon.
the Bakugan reboot is technically an anime,since it's animated by the Japanese studio TMS,so this has nothing to do with what are you saying

ROToon Alt

the Bakugan reboot is technically an anime,since it's animated by the Japanese studio TMS,so this has nothing to do with what are you saying
But is not that violent and they could cut easily from it but the old ones got some words that România won't all

ROToon Alt

You just said "no" when I said Gumball and TTG air a lot. Why do you suddenly talk about anime? Animes like Pokemon are technically still action shows.
Is MY feed...CEE...in my country along other three and I know WHY they are skipped.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?
How come Africa can air Pokémon and CEE can't?
In Central and Eastern Europe, Cartoon Network never got the rights to Pokemon. The broadcast rights were always under Disney.

Speaking of too violent and risqy stuff...... it turns out two Adventure Time episodes got redubbed in Romanian for Cartoon Network CEE and these dubs can be seen on HBO Max. I knew that some episodes got some individual scenes respoken in Polish and Hungarian, but they actually went beyond and redubbed everything for these two AT episodes here.

They redubbed the episodes "Prisoners of Love" and "Freak City" from season 1... Of course, this was done for more censorship purposes. In the former episode, they had to change it because of the word "sexy" being used in the older dub :lol: Also, I noticed that while Fast Production Film took over the redubs (since they took over the whole show anyways from season 7), they somehow left the original Mediavision dub of the intro intact on both episodes, while the end credits.... let's just say they left them with the m/e instrumental track of the "Come Along With Me" song.

The question is now: why? At least they could have banned those episodes altogether (along with some others they had banned already on the CEE feeds from S1-4), instead of ruining a good nostalgia like that. It was more tolerable in this case IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these proposals:

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.

Featured Posts