Cartoon Network International News Thread 16.0

Markus Nelis

They don't care if they're already doing fine. They wouldn't be in this repeat mode if the viewership was bad. It's clear that kids like to watch the same TTG and Gumball. They are the GOAT shows for kids.

Markus Nelis

Well, that was when the adult demo viewership was also higher. I'm sure part of the reason they stopped caring is that kids ratings started to go up while adult demo was going down. They obviously have more data than us. If they have info that they're doing well and advertisers throw them money. They're just fine. We don't like their modern decisions but companies/channels always do what's best for business especially now when there's more platforms to choose from. You can even go to Max for your Regular Show or Adventure Time. Just to relive your childhood memories.

Reactions: J10

Francisque

I'm kind of in the middle with this: yeah, of course it's a bland schedule, but we also have to realize how habits have deeply changed and now CN is more of a tool for viewers to go to Max
It's not that dissimilar to Disney Channel; nor it's to Nick

In a way or the other, it's no easy task either to make viewers from different (albeit contiguous) regions, and obviously Poland which has the biggest economy and population of the era gets more attention

This could have been dealt with better, yes, but I wouldn't go as far as complaining; I'm also quite outside of the channel's demo, so

The thing is, they cared about the young adults as well back in the day
Back in the day there was no Internet, no streaming services; at most VHS
Yeah, later Internet popped up, but the channel never had to struggle as much as now

Well they closed their social media. They close websites. What is left? Good luck finding an email. People complain online. But they dont care. Out of touch management.
Yeah, complain, and who's going to care?

They didn't care too much back in the day, they aren't going to care now

Francisque

Same here for CN PT.

That is, if the merger of schedule decisions with CN DE is actually happening.
It's likely happening, otherwise why should Germany get a Portuguese-like schedule: and anyway there's not much to lose I BELIEVE

The channel will be still focused more on Portugal

It might even be a temporary measure until they won't make it more of a Munich feed, but both Germany and Portugal (and maybe whatever the channel is merging with) will retain the fundamental shows which are successful in the area

Of course, a lack of merger would be better, but I also realize we can't have the whole cake and eat it

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
It's likely happening, otherwise why should Germany get a Portuguese-like schedule: and anyway there's not much to lose I BELIEVE

The channel will be still focused more on Portugal

It might even be a temporary measure until they won't make it more of a Munich feed, but both Germany and Portugal (and maybe whatever the channel is merging with) will retain the fundamental shows which are successful in the area

Of course, a lack of merger would be better, but I also realize we can't have the whole cake and eat it
I got everything confused, if they did that they would have left Telson's playout in Madrid.

J10

On CN MENA, Tiny Toons Looniversity promo has been aired, and will be broadcasted on September 2nd.

For CN Arabic, they reused Quantum Heroes Dinoster, they reused the promo from March.

Jellystone will also have new episodes on the same day as CN MENA.

Hero Inside will be aired on CN Arabic

Also, that's what CN MENA/CN Arabic aired this summer:
  • CN MENA has aired Scooby Movie Doo
  • We Love Gumball Block was being aired on July
  • Gumball VS TTG has been aired this week
  • Dream Team has been aired this week on CN Arabic
  • Lego Dreamzzz has been aired this week on CN MENA

Last edited:

The new guy

Merging needs to happen to save the television budget in this time and age. I personally don't care if the merging is happening. Shutting channels down would be the biggest mistake of them all. (Disney!).
Is the pan European cartoon network feed coming back since they are feeds that are merging with each other

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Yeah. It used to be merged with CN CEE. How funny that they will remerge.
Yeah, in 2002 they made it CN CEE because they wanted a feed for the Hungarian and Romanian tracks, and they wanted Toonami in both etc. IDK the rationale, and then in 2009 with Turner still strong in its finances, CN PL was made independent again, because of the size of the market

Francisque

Kids channel feeds are the most "mergeable" and therefore the most variable thing they have

If they aren't merging as much the Discovery older skewed feeds, it's because its content is riskier on a pan-feed, as older people are more difficult to cater

This has always been the case

In a way or the other CN Portugal comes from someone in Spain, although there are also contacts with Portuguese media people; definitely they're better to cater the area than someone from far away, "automated" at that, but still it's not a properly "local" feed

Sometimes I tend to forget that myself, that we will be going back to the 2002-2009 days of CN CEE :D Yeah, ironic, isn't it?
Yeah, not so much CN Europe levels
That would be overkill

Markus Nelis

Poland went local because of the huge popuulation. It made sense as TV was much bigger in the 2010s. Now since all the budgets happen via WBD, I'm not surprised to see them remerge. Poland should still be fine with continuing ads. Especially since the raw feed has a lot of fillers in one break.

Francisque

Poland went local because of the huge popuulation. It made sense as TV was much bigger in the 2010s. Now since all the budgets happen via WBD, I'm not surprised to see them remerge. Poland should still be fine with continuing ads. Especially since the raw feed has a lot of fillers in one break.
Yeah; but still, the Portuguese feed has always felt more original and less "corporate"-ish, even when Germany invested more in Poland than in Germany itself

It's understandable also: when you have so many feeds to handle as Munich has, certain things get lost in the process

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts