Cartoon Network's Powerpuff Girls Reach 10-Year Milestone

Racattack!Force

私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !
After their finale aired, their slowly dying. EEnE is one of the original Cartoon Cartoons and one of the best parts of CN, having the longest airing time in terms of years. Now it's slowly drifting away from the schedules and it might be time to exchange goodbyes.
KND is airing daily, so I don't really call that dying XP. The show has limited airings due to them airing the enitre series several times during the movie's production. The movie is still not done, so CN is pushing it to one airing a week, so they can air more shows in the places the Eds once aired. Around the end of the year, they will be airing the show a lot more.

Mickialla

Suave Incarnate
Yea, well I suppose I understand what you're saying. I personally do hope they bring the show back for a 7th season. But there's a lot of trouble with that. One problem is what you mentioned about Matt Hill and the marathon. But I suppose that they could just find a new voice actor or make him do all his voices beforehand. The former probably wouldn't work cuz so many people have begun to recognize that as the one and only voice of Ed. But the
main problem is that EEnE has reached its 78 episode limit and I'm pretty sure CN isn't going to go out of its way to break their rules for one show, no matter how long its been running.

Racattack!Force

私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !
Yea, well I suppose I understand what you're saying. I personally do hope they bring the show back for a 7th season. But there's a lot of trouble with that. One problem is what you mentioned about Matt Hill and the marathon. But I suppose that they could just find a new voice actor or make him do all his voices beforehand. The former probably wouldn't work cuz so many people have begun to recognize that as the one and only voice of Ed. But the
main problem is that EEnE has reached its 78 episode limit and I'm pretty sure CN isn't going to go out of its way to break their rules for one show, no matter how long its been running.
Dexter's Lab came back years after it originally ended. I'm sure that EEnE could do the same and not replace Matt Hill. Just wait until his thing is over. Also, EEnE didn't reach it's 78 episode limit. They (in the US anyway) have only 65 episodes, since specials don't count. In Australia and the United Kingdom, it's 66 episodes. :shrug:

Mickialla

Suave Incarnate
Dexter's Lab came back years after it originally ended. I'm sure that EEnE could do the same and not replace Matt Hill. Just wait until his thing is over. Also, EEnE didn't reach it's 78 episode limit. They (in the US anyway) have only 65 episodes, since specials don't count. In Australia and the United Kingdom, it's 66 episodes. :shrug:

U make a good point. I salute you
Anyways, I'm pretty sure by real life PPGs they mean something like real girls that are getting active in society to do stuff like help kids, save the environment, so this way they too are "heroes" like the PPG's. At least I hope that's what it means; trying to find real life preschool superheroes formed in a lab by a nonexisting chemical named Chemical X would be pretty fruitless. :sweat:

NewcomerDC

For the real Powerpuff Girls, they could be heroes in the community and it won't be bad to see some of them to have resemblance to the Townsville Heroes.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
They're looking for real life Powerpuff girls?

...that'd actually be a pretty frightening thing to see, I'd think.

It makes me want to see a "Realistic Powerpuff Girl" picture similar to the Realistic Homer and Realistic Mario pictures. :sweat:

Racattack!Force

私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !
U make a good point. I salute you
Anyways, I'm pretty sure by real life PPGs they mean something like real girls that are getting active in society to do stuff like help kids, save the environment, so this way they too are "heroes" like the PPG's. At least I hope that's what it means; trying to find real life preschool superheroes formed in a lab by a nonexisting chemical named Chemical X would be pretty fruitless. :sweat:

Thank you. :D And I think you are right about that "Search for Real Powerpuff Girls" thing. :sweat:

Dogasu

Rubber ducks kill babies?
Darklordavaitor said:
I'm hopnig us Americans get some tenth anniversary love. At least season 2 on DVD, that's all I really need.

Seconded.

I also find it funny that Asia's getting all these celebrations while America, the country of the show's origin, gets...a clothing line? Boo.

Ykwia

Honestly? Who has time to actually go outside to an event.

Not unless it's a music concert.

Master Toon

If this doesn't scream "We're going to air PPGZ within the year", I don't know what does.

Not really. How does airing PPGZ over here has anything to do with what's going on over there?

Also, this explains why they announced a while back that they're making a new half-hour special focused on the original continuity.

It does? I thought that was a Wikipedia rumor.

I'm guessing they'll use some Sailor Moon look-alikes which is far, far, far from the actual Powerpuff Girls.

tb4000

There was a rumor floating around a few years back about WB wanting to do a live action PPG movie with Tim Burton directing, but I assume it's in development hell now.

DarthGonzo

Fourteen Years!
There was a rumor floating around a few years back about WB wanting to do a live action PPG movie with Tim Burton directing, but I assume it's in development hell now.

Development hell? You mean more like "not a chance in hell", right? Considering how the animated flick did at the box office...

J.E.Smith

univ0240.jpg

J.E.Smith

Blame Universal for that. This was part of the 2002 edition of the Bill & Ted's Halloween show that they do every year at Universal Studios.

The show focuses on movie characters and notable celebrites from that show's year, with an adult twist since the show is for teens and adults only, so I guess the PPGs were featured due to the release of the movie.

At the end show they had a song and dance meledy, and the PPGs ripped off their dresses and danced around in bikinis...I'm serious.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

As I don't have my community tab from YouTube anymore to write on (for now), I willl tell you here some of the things I will do to keep you somehow up-to-date. Tonight, the film I will be watching is one that once again reminds me that Disney is still 100 and I can still celebrate.
I'm glad Teens Titans Go doesn't get much hate anymore, but the damage had been done when Christina Miller left CN in 2019. People should have given her a chance and she pushed a lot when it comes to the CN app.

awinger24 wrote on Goldstar!'s profile.
You were right and I was wrong. Whatever I was fearing about in the past was uncalled for. I do wish things get better in Hollywood soon.
@Moe: I like your current avatar. Big Rocko's Modern Life fan here.
#SaveWalpurgisnachtRising

Featured Posts