Cartoon Network's Powerpuff Girls Reach 10-Year Milestone

Umandsf

Irene Lew of World Screen said:
ATLANTA, April 11: Cartoon Network Enterprises’ (CNE) hit brand, The Powerpuff Girls, celebrates its tenth anniversary this year with live shows and limited-edition merchandise, among other initiatives, to launch throughout the world in 2008.

In Asia Pacific, aside from the airing of a special movie-length episode in time for The Powerpuff Girls’ actual anniversary at the end of 2008, celebrations will also revolve around the theme of ten years of saving the world, with live shows planned for various markets. “Ten Years of Saving the World: The Powerpuff Generation,” a year-long initiative in the Philippines, kicked off in February with a search for real-life Powerpuff Girls. In addition, CNE is working with its various licensing agents, including Brand Elite for Greater China, FCI Brands in Southeast Asia, Wild Pumpkin in Australia, Double Impact in Taiwan and Asiana Licensing in Korea, as well as its own CNE offices in Japan and India, to launch limited-edition tenth anniversary merchandise during the latter part of 2008.

Celebrations are also underway in other parts of the world. In Europe, clothing chains H&M and Zara have come out with limited-edition apparel. In Spain and Italy, ten designers have been tapped to create ten different designs inspired by The Powerpuff Girls. Meanwhile, in the U.S., a limited-edition apparel line was also launched to celebrate the Girls’ anniversary.

“The Powerpuff Girls’ appeal throughout the world has endured since they were first created out of the mysterious Chemical X in 1997,” said Dulce Lim-Chen, the VP of Asia Pacific at Cartoon Network Enterprises. “We are very excited to be paying tribute to a property that is Cartoon Network’s proud contribution to enduring characters that are and will continue to be loved by generations.”

Cartoon Network's Powerpuff Girls Reach 10-Year Milestone [World Screen]

I'm interested in this limited edition stuff.

Master Toon

"Ten Years of Saving the World" Not really but whatever.

Where's Dexter's celebration?

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
If this doesn't scream "We're going to air PPGZ within the year", I don't know what does.

Also, this explains why they announced a while back that they're making a new half-hour special focused on the original continuity.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
I think they mean the actual 1998 series.

Characters wise, they appeared in 1992 as The Whoop*** Girls.

Namesake wise, The Powerpuff Girls came in 1995 on World Premiere Toons, the first ever short.

And the series came in 1998.

So technically, it's been 16 years.

Racattack!Force

私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !
I wonder if the Eds will get something like this next year (January 4th, 2009 will mark the ten-year anniversary of that show). :shrug:

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
I wonder if the Eds will get something like this next year (January 4th, 2009 will mark the ten-year anniversary of that show). :shrug:
Maybe, if the network still shows it, a "Best Day Edder" rehash wouldn't be too far out of the question. What I'd really love for the show's tenth anniversary, though, is the announcement of season 7.

Racattack!Force

私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !
Maybe, if the network still shows it, a "Best Day Edder" rehash wouldn't be too far out of the question. What I'd really love for the show's tenth anniversary, though, is the announcement of season 7.
Might not happen, since Matt Hill (voice of Ed) is going on some year-long marathon.

RonDrakenfan17

Luffy fan
10 Years of saving the world? Guess the profeser will be an old man and Mojo will be an old monkey unless he and the profeser some how created some thing to keep them young.

Mickialla

Suave Incarnate
Wow, it's pretty funny how fast time flies by. Seeing as how the actual anniversary of PPG is in a few months, I'm guessing that's when they'll be airing the TV movie that Tara Strong had talked about. Oh and I'm guessing we EEnE fans won't be getting anything special come next year. Nowadays there's not too much attention towards EEnE, they're slowly suffocating it's very existence until it is no more. The lost episode and movie/series finale will be like the KND finale, it will happen all of a sudden and then after that EEnE will be dead.

Racattack!Force

私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !
WNowadays there's not too much attention towards EEnE, they're slowly suffocating it's very existence until it is no more. The lost episode and movie/series finale will be like the KND finale, it will happen all of a sudden and then after that EEnE will be dead.

Not sure about that. EEnE is a popular cartoon, and the mega-marathon that aired last year gained some of the network's best ratings. The only thing stopping the show from getting a seventh and finale season (the two episodes and movie make-up season six) may be the viewership of the movie when it airs. Also, one of the voice actors said the Matt Hill (voice of Ed) is going on a year-long marathon around North America for the environment. So that would obviously halt production. In the future, they may start on a 7th season (of 9-12 episodes).

Mickialla

Suave Incarnate
Not sure about that. EEnE is a popular cartoon, and the mega-marathon that aired last year gained some of the network's best ratings. The only thing stopping the show from getting a seventh and finale season (the two episodes and movie make-up season six) may be the viewership of the movie when it airs. Also, one of the voice actors said the Matt Hill (voice of Ed) is going on a year-long marathon around North America for the environment. So that would obviously halt production. In the future, they may start on a 7th season (of 9-12 episodes).

The Network has changed alot since last year, at least to me it has. There was a lot more attention to EEnE back then cuz it still had a decent number of episodes to air. CN has a decent amount of new programming coming in at the present, and I think EEnE is reduced to one airing a week now. This same time last year, KND also had episodes airing. After their finale aired, their slowly dying. EEnE is one of the original Cartoon Cartoons and one of the best parts of CN, having the longest airing time in terms of years. Now it's slowly drifting away from the schedules and it might be time to exchange goodbyes.
But we should celebrate in honor of the PPG's having a new TV movie soon!!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

This has been a wild weekend.
nickatnite.com and nick.com schedules for The Neighborhood somehow have episode synopsis but not all: Example: early Sun Jul 21 5:34am - Welcome to the Stakeout, Synopsis: "When there’s a break-in at Calvin’s business, he teams up with Dave for a stakeout to catch the culprit in the act."
I am so tired of all the negativity. Can we have some good news about the entertainment industry for a change?
Randomly spotting Runaways streaming on The CW app. I guess Disney removed it from services where they get ad money to license it to another service for ad money.
Why do all the animation greats do these stupid things?

Featured Posts