Cartoonito International News and Discussion Thread

Markus Nelis

Now Cartoonito CEE merges with Nordics too? XDD
I never said that outside of Finland getting the feed. Plus feeds have premiered stuff on the same day before as EMEA is more unified than ever. Something unusual? We still have Masha and the Bear so there definitely won't be merging for now.

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?
I know and am aware that other European countries have different licensing agreements with certain shows. I mean, it would be weird to cancel shows like Masha and The Bear that air in the Nordics (while here in Central and Eastern Europe, we have it on Minimax).

They already will have a hard time with Lego Dreamzzz, which they haven't aired yet on the feeds which will supposedly merge soon and they will have to "premiere" it again in some parts. It's more complicated than you would think

Markus Nelis

I'm surprised Masha stays as it's a Russian show but I guess they're making a good use of it. The rights will expire at some point and it undoubtedly won't get renewed because of the bad relationship between the East and West.

And with LEGO Dreamzzz. we will actually get it next week. About time. Not sure why we delayed it. Especially since there's a LEGO park in Denmark. It could be because Netflix in some areas wanted some exclusivity first.

Markus Nelis

There's potential. The only thing I know is thar Finland will be receiving the CEE feed next year. Can't say about other countries. I only got confirmation from my local cable operator who only said about the Fin situation.

Markus Nelis

Hmm, that's kinda weird if only Finland will switch to the CEE feed.
My cable operator didn't specify other countries but at least we know about Finland. However I wouldn't be surprised if Nordic really does merge. After all, our international kids channels (outside of local) are Nordic feeds. We'll see what happens. I'll keep a close eye open around Winter period. Plus we basically now have all the same events including premieres around the same time, special blocks and promos. Nordic outside of NY and text title is basically textless. At this point I don't mind the merge. Same stuff. Doesn't matter.

Markus Nelis

It's not weird: the Scandinavian countries have their own feed, while the rest of the Nordic has this feed only as a "backup" feed

It makes sense for Finland to get a neutral feed
Yeah, I agree. Since we already have shows in English. There shouldn't really be an issue (and Disney already has promos in English as well). Plus this generation usually now tends to remember English better than Swedish even when Swedish is in the school program.

Francisque

The thing is, CN Nordic doesn't even try to be "non-.Scandinavian" (in terms of Danish-Swedish-Norwegian), not having a English track on promos; plus, they never intended to cater Finland

At least, with CEE (which I somehow doubt will replace Nordics) you get a more potentially neutral feed in English

Plus, maybe Swedish-speaking Finns are able to get the Swedish feed full stop?
I know in Åland they can, but I'm aware it's a special case

Elsewhere, the influence of Swedish is waning

Markus Nelis

Otherwise I'm fine to receive CN SEE and Cartoonito CEE. My only issue is HD. Will we get them in HD specifically only for us or will countries everywhere get HD. Cartoonito (and CN) Nordic just launched an HD feed. I hope at least that our cable companies here do hard work to keep the HD feed. I know Russia used to get the HD feed. Not sure if it's technically still available. I think it is but no one is carrying it.

Francisque

HD feeds are definitely available (if not externally at least internally) and definitely they're not going back to being SD, at least I don't think so, not these days

Remember that nowadays even many minor channels are played in HD INTERNALLY (playout, Cloud etc.), but obviously it costs more to actually have agreements with companies to launch the channel on local companies in HD

I think the channel will be already "CN CEE" (SEE raw feed likely) by that time, as I think by September the CEE operations will get unfiied

Markus Nelis

I think the channel will be already "CN CEE" (SEE raw feed likely) by that time, as I think by September the CEE operations will get unfiied
I'm very sure CEE will merge. Everything in the schedule is the same. Look how large the broadcasting area will be for just one feed. We can basically call it a Pan-European feed again. All the way from Finland to Balkans. Thousands of miles. Just insane!

Anyway keeping an eye out for January 2025.

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
HD feeds are definitely available (if not externally at least internally) and definitely they're not going back to being SD, at least I don't think so, not these days
Cartoon Network / Cartoonito Nordic are good examples for this. The channels only operated in SD until the switch on July 10th.

Obviously, I can't tell how many providers actually updated their channels' resolutions to HD, but judging from the streams I currently find, not many have done that yet. A majority of the streams are in 1024x576i, using the HD versions downscaled (which make the channels look really pixelated btw).

Same goes for CN SEE (and CEE): While many providers carry the channel in SD, there are providers that have it in HD.
From what I know, at least one provider in Bulgaria has it in HD, but I can also still find Russian streams of the channel in HD.

Even if that wasn't the case, the vast majority of the WarnerMedia EMEA channels are played out in HD internally, just like @Francisque mentioned.

Markus Nelis

All I know is that my provider is luckily in a very good quality. Ever since the first day of the launch. I went to the catch-up service where programs are recorded automatically for 7 days and the HD started when the CN logo was in the middle of the screen. This is why I know exactly when the feed technically launched when it comes to operating.

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
Barney's World is planned to debut on Cartoonito CEE on October 14th at 16:00 CET. (source)

They suddenly started adding schedules months in advance, which was never the case before.

So please keep in mind: Due to how early this was added, it is still in subject to change.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts