Cartoonito International News and Discussion Thread

Markus Nelis

So even if that's not going to happen, I do expect some general changes starting September, on both Cartoonito and Cartoon Network, both CEE and Nordic, as we've already seen some adjustments on those.
Cartoonito Nordic could already merge with CEE in September. But with CN Nordic that's going to happen in January at the earliest as my cable company basically told me about Finland merging when they accidentally switched to SEE for one night. The rest of the Nordics can also launch at the same time. If that won't happen sooner, it will definitely happen later. Expect CN Nordic to go bye bye in a few years at the latest by switching to the newly merged CEE.

narq

Also, the "Catch the Lemmings" marathon does have a promo? Or just the bumpers?
They don't have a promo for it. I guess they might have thought the promo for new episodes is enough, although they're airing in the middle of the marathon...

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?
So, was the out-of-nowhere showing of the Mush-Mush and The Mushables S2.2. promo with English text and "NEW" just by mistake on Cartoonito CEE? Cause now, they're airing the same promo, but like this:

Guess they don't want the merger of Pan-Euro Cartoonito to happen at the same time as the Cartoon Network one.

Reactions: J10

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
I guess with the merger of Cartoon Network GAS/PT, Cartoonito Portugal could also very likely merge with CEE, probably on September 2nd.

First though, we’d have to see if Cartoonito Nordic merges (already), likely also on the mentioned date.

Daffyrocks

Yeah, but considering the fact they already replaced the Mush-Mush promo video file with the "textless" variant in the last minute, the date of a possible merger of Cartoonito is more vague and questionable at the same time.

Markus Nelis

Probably because the promo was meant for August and they accidentally put text there early. After all it's going to take three weeks so the merging will still be very likely. If not, then by January at the latest as my cable provider confirmed me when I called them and they accidentally switched Nordic into CN SEE early. Thanks to me, the issue was fixed very quickly.

Markus Nelis

Are all the providers switching to that feed or only your provider?
All providers in my country. Still uncertain if other Nordic countries will switch. But switching in Finland is logical as we already air shows in English and Disney Channel already also has promos in English. I can see all the Nordics merge at some point in the next few years. They will try to merge every feed. I think in 5 years only UK, France and Italy will have their local feeds where the marketing is the strongest while the rest of the Europe at that point will have the new pan-European feed, a.k.a CN / Cartoonito CEE

Daffyrocks

oh, Cartoonito CEE now has a promo for that Catch the Lemmings block. In fact, they started showing it right after the final S4.1 episode first aired on the channel.

I guess they didn't want to let viewers know at the same time they have new episodes plus a marathon of the same show.

Markus Nelis

The channel in general has so little promos on-air that they should have aired it early. Two promos simply isn't enough. I remember when four promos was the norm on the playout. Then again, Max is available now so at the same time they can now be lazy on linear side of things. However it's frustrating for viewers to see the same promos repeat over and over again. It was much better in 2020 with actual promo variety.

Francisque

They probably had more variety in terms of events too

I can't help feeling everything has got worse since WBD has taken over, although of course it's also a sign of times

Markus Nelis

Probably linear lay-offs happened where they cut the number of team staff where the promos are made. Remember that it used to be big which meant it was more easy to create new promos as a team. After all WBD is doing budget cuts. (Even CN US has two promos at best now)

Daffyrocks

The "two promos" norm has been a thing for both CN and Cartoonito CEE for like an year since. Occasionally, CN CEE throws a secondary third promo which is for their campaigns or game apps (like Climate Champions or CN Game on from Roblox).

At the moment, I can say Cartoonito CEE only has two promos on the playout everytime. They even had to drag on airing the S2.1 promo of Bugs Bunny Builders until now, as besides that they only had one other promo (the one for the Best Friends block).

Markus Nelis

I never said it wasn't a thing. I'm just saying when Cartoonito was Boomerang before, there used to be way better promo variety. In 2020 for example.

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
The generic variant of the Mush-Mush promo uses text again:

1723816223009.png

If this Cartoonito Pan-Euro thing is not going to happen, I don't see their intention of having this promo texted (and only leaving the NEW daily variant textless)

Other news: Cartoonito in Germany seems to premiere the second season of Batwheels on a rather weird day and slot, on Thursday, September 12th at 22:00 CET (the whole double-bill), while still showing the seemingly "official" premiere on Monday, September 23rd at 15:00 CET (with one episode per day).

Yeah, only Germany from what it looks like, as I don't see it in the schedules of other countries. The ongoing episodes in the slot are going to be different too (until October 1st, from where it'll be the same again), as CEE begins from episode 1 again on that day, while Germany only does when the batch will end.
All the other slots are still the same.

I'm not sure if they just didn't pay attention and forgot to change it, or if this is really going to happen, although I can't see why they would do that.
Still, if that's going to happen, we have the first opt-out for Cartoonito in Germany...

Francisque

Well, it's strange, it might even be a mistake or maybe some odd pan-feeds for Cartoonito again

Definitely Cartoonitos are even more likely to merge one the other compared to Cartoon Network

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts