Cartoons with actual finales

Tommy Lawson

Staff member
Couldn't you say any story driven shows? Unless they got canceled they have have finales.

Here's an example for you: Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go! Its creator, Ciro Nieli, stated there were supposed to be five seasons made of around 13 episodes each. That show ended at the fourth season, so the last episode there is indeed a "finale" but not the true finale envisioned by its creator.

Wolf Boy2

Every Transformers animated series has had an ending.

"The Transformers" (aka "Generation 1") ended with adult Spike restoring the dying Cybertron to it's pre-war glory. Although Prime stated that "there will always be Decepticons", the Autobots now fully possess their planet which is restored and vibrant again, wrapping up the plot established in the first episode.

"Beast Wars" ended with the defeat of Megatron, taking him back to Cybertron for trial.

"Beast Machines" ended with the destruction of Megatron and total reformation of Cybertron into a techno-organic world.

"Robots in Disguise" ended with Galvatron's capture.

"Armada", "Energon" and "Cybertron" had endings involving defeating Unicron (though I don't know the details because I haven't watched them yet).

"Transformers: Animated" is slated for another season, though the defeat of Megatron by Omega Supreme would've been a satisfactory closing.

TKnHappyNess

Personally I think the 5-part episode where Dregg released Shredder and Krang from Dimension X and it ended with all of them being sent there, and Carter going to the future to cure his mutation while the Turtles finally stabilized their bodies would have been a perfect ending.

Season 9 introduced Carter, so he wasn't really needed to begin with.

didn't Gummi Bears have a finale?

The last eps were a 2 parter called "King Igthorn", and if I remember them right, they saved Dunwynn, Zummi let the great Gummis know it was unsafe to return after they initially thought it was with Igthorn gone for a year. I'm not sure if that would count.

ChibiGoku

Something Not Quite Right
Every Transformers animated series has had an ending.

"The Transformers" (aka "Generation 1") ended with adult Spike restoring the dying Cybertron to it's pre-war glory. Although Prime stated that "there will always be Decepticons", the Autobots now fully possess their planet which is restored and vibrant again, wrapping up the plot established in the first episode.

Keep in mind that series technically has two different finales, due to Japan splitting off instead of going with the three part finale. Although, you can debate which ending you consider canon, but that's for another topic.

And no, not every transformers animated series has had an ending. Transformers Zone ended up getting canned and only the first episode (out of an unknown amount) was released, leaving it unresolved. The same happened with Transformers: Beast Wars II Neo, which just leaves you on a cliffhanger ending. Both are japanese produced, but are still relevent.

Starbraces

Dia de Los Devi
American Dragon: Jake Long

Wasn't Hong Kong Long Nights the finale episode? I didn't really follow the series in the right order, sorry about that. But I remember the Black Dragon being defeated and Rose getting her memory back and her and Jake hooking up. Plus his dad finding out their family secret

Radical Raven

Bow bow bow, bow bow bow...
Jackie Chan Adventures. Pretty much wraps up everything. Drago and Shendu are banished from the Earth with all the talisman and demon chi powers, and the Enforcers now work for Uncle (and I don't think they can afford to mess this up). Daolon Wong has been trapped in the past, Tarakudo and the masks are long gone, Valmont is in no shape to cause any harm, the demons are sealed away... everything's pretty much wrapped up.

Thanks for ruining that for me;) .

Kim Possible had a two-part finale that brought back a minor villain and ended with Kim and Ron Graduating. It was pretty good.

Mad Mod 49

However another season was ordered after that so the true JLU ending "Destroyer" just has the heroes going after the villians as Wonder Woman says "and the adventure continues" as every JLer runs at the screen (Batman being the last one since he was the start and I guess had to be the end of the DCAU).

Or because JLU Batman was always somewhat of a Gary Stu...:sweat:

Well, I for one could ask that the only interesting character in that show - the aforementioned villian - would get to kick the whiny titular hero's angsty little butt, and his dad's too - that's what I'd ask for! :evil:

Not sure how much I agree with that, but I do know that Vlad did not deserve to go out the way he did; he deserved to go out with dignity; seeing as, yes, he was the most interesting character in the show. But no, he gets crushed by an asteroid and that's the end of him. Good grief, I disliked that finale...

Starbraces

Dia de Los Devi
Not sure how much I agree with that, but I do know that Vlad did not deserve to go out the way he did; he deserved to go out with dignity; seeing as, yes, he was the most interesting character in the show. But no, he gets crushed by an asteroid and that's the end of him. Good grief, I disliked that finale...

Well, it's a bit open-ended. We never actually SEE gim get crushed. I disliked Vlad's end too, but mostly because he's all alone now and can never go back (feels like I'm quoting him). And aside from Paulina, Vlad was my favorite character, so yeah... I would've liked to have seen Danny give him a second chance, like in Ultimate Enemy

But I still liked the finale. I was never a shipper for any couple on the show (not even Danny and Sam, because they're the kind of couple where you realize in the first episode that they're going to end up together no matter what), but the ending was so satisfactory in other ways, like Danny finally revealing his secret to the world

Brandon Pierce

Summer Glau Fanatic
The movie "Aladdin and the King of Thieves" served as a finale for the whole Aladdin series.

The Angry Beavers, WOULD have had a finale, had Nickelodeon not stepped in and prevented it from being produced. You can still find the audio track for the episode on YouTube though.

All Star Blitz

What the heck am I doing?
The movie "Aladdin and the King of Thieves" served as a finale for the whole Aladdin series.

The Angry Beavers, WOULD have had a finale, had Nickelodeon not stepped in and prevented it from being produced. You can still find the audio track for the episode on YouTube though.

I'm just curious, what was so taboo about Bye Bye Beavers anyway?

chdr

Nick just didn't want their shows to acknowledge that they were ending. Kids "probably wouldn't get it", or they wanted a last episode they could air in random rotation.

Mikintosh

The MTV Spider-Man series from 2003 had a finale in which Spider-Man gives up his suit, though I doubt the creators knew the show was going to be canceled then.

Superman: TAS's finale was a two-parter involving the death of Turpin and Supes going rogue that was mentioned several times during Justice League, so I'd say that counts, even if it didn't "wrap anything up."

Speaking of Nickelodeon, the first half of the last episode of Doug (or rather, the first of the two 12 minute stories) involved Doug and his friends graduating from school, with the second half being about summer vacation. I haven't seen most of Disney's Doug's run, but I read that its finale wrapped some things up as well.

And another Nick show: the original run of Rugrats (not counting the aired-out-of-order Passover episode) ended in 1994 with an episode about Angelica moving away and talking about how they'd all first met. It's a tribute to how much Nickelodeon promoted the show with the movies that I think most people forget that it was out of production for awhile.

Light Lucario

Staff member
American Dragon: Jake Long

Wasn't Hong Kong Long Nights the finale episode? I didn't really follow the series in the right order, sorry about that. But I remember the Black Dragon being defeated and Rose getting her memory back and her and Jake hooking up. Plus his dad finding out their family secret

That was the last episode and it did serve as the finale to the series. Unfortunately, it felt like a rush job to cover in half an hour and it was too open ended for my tastes, as well as many other fans of the series as well.

mowub

Aaahh!! Real Monsters ended with an episode, "Rookie Monsters," where Ickis, Krumm and Oblina are trapped in a trash compactor, and while awaiting their almost certain doom, they reminisce about their first day at the Monster Academy, and how they met each other and became friends.
Unfortunately, I haven't seen this episode cause it aired right before it got taken off the air, and I don't know how it ended or if they somehow got out alive, but I remember from a promo that the character personalities were swapped during the flashback: Krumm was a scaredy-cat instead of Ickis, for example.

Anyone see that and know how it ended?

FlooterFlatter

One Sly Princess
Staff member
Aaahh!! Real Monsters ended with an episode, "Rookie Monsters," where Ickis, Krumm and Oblina are trapped in a trash compactor, and while awaiting their almost certain doom, they reminisce about their first day at the Monster Academy.
Unfortunately, I haven't seen this episode, and I don't know how it ended or if they somehow got out alive, but I remember from a promo that the character personalities were swapped during the flashback: Krumm was a scaredy-cat instead of Ickis, for example.

Anyone see that and know how it ended?
I saw that episode. They escape the trash compactor and celebrate. But then Grumble suddenly shows up, angrily wanting to know where they were, and the duo started pointing fingers at each other. The end.

CheshireKitten

Woman in Black
Men in Black: The Series had a pretty awesome two part finale that could have been a four parter with everything in it, but it was still a really solid ending to the show.

Lavenderpaw

Essense Of Love
That was the last episode and it did serve as the finale to the series. Unfortunately, it felt like a rush job to cover in half an hour and it was too open ended for my tastes, as well as many other fans of the series as well.

Yeah, honestly... Disney didn't want to see a dragon actually get slain by a dragon slayer. :sweat:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts