Cartoons with actual finales

SecondBanana

Mutant league wrapped up with "The Hall of Pain Awards" which was esentially a clip show. I consider "Sudden Death" the actual finale because it wraps things up as opposed to clips.

stephane dumas

Mutant league wrapped up with "The Hall of Pain Awards" which was esentially a clip show. I consider "Sudden Death" the actual finale because it wraps things up as opposed to clips.

it's not the only one who have a ending with a clip show/flashback episode, the 1967-70 Spider-man cartoon ended the same way with "Trip to tomorrow" when Spidey try to convince a young boy about how dangerous the super-hero duty is by telling some of his past adventures

Ghostbuster Man

"Batman's my Cousin"
The original Ninja Turtles with Splinter declaring them his equals, and them defeating Dregg with the last move they learned, the Flying Claw. Although I thought that the series should've ended with Season 8 since Shredder and Krang were trapped in Dimension X, and the Technodrome was destroyed.

What Episode was that?

zoombie

I know it got a spinoff show, which I consider seperate.

Ben 10 - because Cartoon Network aired it out of order, there is some confusion and debate what is actully the series finale, and it is not just 2 episodes in the debate, it is 3 episodes. But let me clearify the finale is the tv movie Secret Of The Omnitrix. I thought it was a great finale, Ben finally defeats Vilgax, and learns what the true meaning of being a hero really is, it is about being selfless and helping others, not to bolster your own ego. Really completes growth of Ben and to a lesser extint Gwen, and sets up their characters in Ben 10: Alien Force.

Only problem I have is, Vilgax so called death. Ben just kicked him into space, we are suppose to believe that would kill off Vilgax for good? What happened in Goodbye Good Ridiance has more finality to Vilgax's destruction.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
The original Ninja Turtles with Splinter declaring them his equals, and them defeating Dregg with the last move they learned, the Flying Claw. Although I thought that the series should've ended with Season 8 since Shredder and Krang were trapped in Dimension X, and the Technodrome was destroyed.

IIRC, that's actually the exact point the Japanese dub of the original series ended. They edited the ending so it made it look like Shredder and Krang were still in the Technodrome when it was sucked into Dimension X, and that was the end.

80's guy

Camp Lazlo
The finale started off as a normal episode of the series but ended with a twist where it was revealed that Lumpus was really a deranged lunatic who locked up the REAL scoutmaster (Heffer) and took his job. In the final scene, one of the characters commented that things can't get any weirder now.

No wonder he had Slinkman do all work at the camp.

Skeeter

Roving Wanderer
The last eps were a 2 parter called "King Igthorn", and if I remember them right, they saved Dunwynn, Zummi let the great Gummis know it was unsafe to return after they initially thought it was with Igthorn gone for a year. I'm not sure if that would count.

It's been stated that "King Igthorn" was, in fact, the series finale for Gummi Bears. It counts.

If I remember it right, they finally let the King in on the Gummi's existence, and they had to either rebuild Gummi Glen or had to move elsehwere. I haven't seen it since like 1990, so I can't remember it properly. I just know it's one of the few DA era shows that got a proper ending.

Nope; at the end King Gregor was still oblivious to the existence of the Gummis. He didn't believe Igthorn when he said they were real, and when Igthorn tried to show Gregor the two Gummis he'd captured all he found were his ogres locked up.

But the Gummis did have to move to Ursalia after Gummi Glen was destroyed by Big Tooth the termite.

-Kim

Lord Pumpkin

Daria had a great ending with everyone graduating, except Kevin. I liked to see Aunt Amy and Beavis and Butt-Head in the finale.

Drawn Together ended with the housemates getting the pink slip. There is a DTV movie in the works.

chdr

Even though it's not a "cartoon", Moral Orel had it's finale the other night, it was a true finale too, not just a cut off episode...

Stop-motion animation is also considered a cartoon.

cyde

Daria had a great ending with everyone graduating, except Kevin. I liked to see Aunt Amy and Beavis and Butt-Head in the finale.
And the worst story of all. Whoever wrote that should be ashamed. For that matter, it should have never had been created at all. Poor Marc Thomson (who voiced Kevin must've been miserable during the making of that mess, that his character was left outa graduating, and I bet he and Janie Mertz (Brittany) mustiv'e been bitter enemies through the making of Daria.

Last edited by a moderator:

O-chan

And the worst story of all. Whoever wrote that should be ashamed. For that matter, it should have never had been created at all. Poor Marc Thomson (who voiced Kevin must've been miserable during the making of that mess, that his character was left outa graduating, and I bet he and Janie Mertz (Brittany) mustiv'e been bitter enemies through the making of Daria.

So I take it that Beavis and Butthead was a work of pure genius?

Seriously, Daria was one of the last vestiges of how MTV was actually cool and different. It was a well written series from beginning to end and the finale was one of best written finales I've seen in American animation.

O-chan

cyde

So I take it that Beavis and Butthead was a work of pure genius?

Seriously, Daria was one of the last vestiges of how MTV was actually cool and different. It was a well written series from beginning to end and the finale was one of best written finales I've seen in American animation.

O-chan
I ain't so sure no more now..............:sad:To me, it was a letdown.

MonkeyFunk

Kids and grown-ups love me so
I thought the last episode of Mighty Max saw Virgil turn against Max and Norman and Max waking up in his bed in a lame "It was all just a dream?!" ending.

There was a season finale where Virgil apparently turned against Max and Norman, but it turned out that he was still good after all (can't remember the exact explantion, something about Virgil deciding to help Skullmaster meet Max because he knew that it was destined that they should fight eachother eventually or some such).

The "it was all a dream" ending you're thinking of is the real finale - Max wakes up in bed and then the start of the first episode begins to play out again, as HC described.

TKnHappyNess

I'm not sure if this is an ending and/or a beginning, but here goes.

Bonkers had both an ending and a beginning. Lucky is presumably dead following an explosion, only to find out later he was abducted along, along with an FBI Agent. Long story short, the agent offers him a job in the FBI, he takes it and along with his family, Toots, and Fallapart, they head for Atlanta, while Bonkers gets a new partner named Miranda, so it's the end of one partnership and the beginning of a new one.

weirdojace

If Invader Zim had a full run, the series would have ended with Dib following Zim to Irk and ultimately destroying the planet. When it was canceled, the staff asked if they could make the episode "Ten Minutes to Doom" the finale, and change the ending to Zim dying, but Nickelodeon said no.

Moral Orel's finale showed Orel growing up and being the opposite of his dad, living happily.

rainstorm46

Dexters Lab originally had a finale when it ended but I don't know if it did after it was renewed for 2 more seasons.

GregX

Right, because there is no way Kevin failed to graduate because the character was an idiot.

And because the character failed to graduate, obviously the voice actors were bitter enemies. Sure.

cyde

Right, because there is no way Kevin failed to graduate because the character was an idiot.

And because the character failed to graduate, obviously the voice actors were bitter enemies. Sure.
Should've been killed off the show seasons ago. Betcha if the VA that played Kevin died in real life, the VA who played Brittany would rejoice at his passing.If I was Kevin, I'd blow my brains out.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts