Disney Company Content Libraries Discussion Thread

Moe

Hi, I'm back. I'm going to delete my post above and replace with longer responses.

Lachlan Murdoch, his son, actually owns Fox Studios. In fact, Rupert has retired recently.
Oops, I means Murdoch without mention first name. They are empire.

a shame, plus they sold bikeriders to universal a month before they would have release the film
I see, I haven't seen this movie until you told me.

now im scared that the people are going to try to pirate the 20th century films if they can't pay for it
They already did again after streaming services become more expensive after series of price hikes and yeah, licensing and residuals are very expensive.

Residual for home video, including digital copies are cheapest at 0.3% that haven't raised since 1985. When compared to rerun on linear TV and streaming services, residual can be much as 5%-10%, depending on individuals and popular actors tend to get most share of residuals.

Good news - Disney put their movies and 20th Century movies on sale frequently, usually $5 for live action/non-Disney animated and $10 for Disney animated, Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel and Lucasfilm. You have to use CheapCharts app every Tuesday and Friday to check if there is discount.

yes and dvd too
Disney is horrible with DVD releases and it is real shame, so poor to collectors.

well, what about ice age 2002 re release in 2022 & alien 1979 as of recently
Movie theaters are interested to show those movies, they would have to negotiate with Disney, so it may take months or years unless Disney open the vault for movie theaters. It is not easy requests anymore.

yes, that the one I upset about and that's how I have fears over the future of the library & ip
Honest with you, I wasn't surprised that Blue Sky Studios is going to close in few years after acquisition finalized and move all to internal animation department, but it turned out that many of them lost their job, so they got laid off rather than reassignment to other internal studios. I know Rio sequel with Disney label would be possible, depends on Disney's mood.

It is not good for animators and I do think that many of them found job with other companies like Skydance, Illumination, etc.

Rupert Murdoch retired, one the Murdochs had taken over the company
Yes, I means Murdoch.

harry580

Honest with you, I wasn't surprised that Blue Sky Studios is going to close in few years after acquisition finalized and move all to internal animation department, but it turned out that many of them lost their job, so they got laid off rather than reassignment to other internal studios. I know Rio sequel with Disney label would be possible, depends on Disney's mood.
I think with the animators leaving disney to join others, I think disney would pull a crossgen comics/w.i.t.c.h./club penguin on blue sky studios ips or even worse, do live action versions (I could cry in a shower)
It is not good for animators and I do think that many of them found job with other companies like Skydance, Illumination, etc.
and also annapurna too

GRPHX

Let's change the subject a bit. Two great Video games that never got a sequel because of Disney.

rJAvrqX.jpeg

0OXIpbh.jpeg

IqG0JUb.jpeg

images - 2024-05-10T155826.856.jpeg

ss_cd5b5b7050e0d6cdebd24c3eae007bf1ecae26d1.1920x1080.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Pooky

Staff member
I do have fond memories of that Starsky & Hutch game.

I believe the situation alluded to here was that Disney bought out the Game Development Studio Mind's Eye in the mid-00s, who were working on a second Starsky & Hutch game at the time.

GRPHX

I do have fond memories of that Starsky & Hutch game.

I believe the situation alluded to here was that Disney bought out the Game Development Studio Mind's Eye in the mid-00s, who were working on a second Starsky & Hutch game at the time.
Yes, unfortunately, that's exactly what I'm implying. Disney terminated the agreement with Empire Interactive and threw the game away :( Disney destroyed another part of my childhood. I only learned this at the end of last year.

harry580

well, funny enough, that Starsky & hutch game is based on the movie that dimensions films (disney owned at the time) produced so technically, its a disney game

harry580

if disney is willing to sell the blue sky studios, fox kids, saban, bvs, sip animation & Jetix libraries, you know the drill

call hallmark, they already bought the filmation library, jk

Moe

maybe disney will reverse this if they replace bob iger
Very unlikely because cable TV is dying and Spectrum isn't looking to reverse, so replacement would be very closer to Bob Iger.

but, what about the filmation & carolco pictures libraries, they got saved by companies & also Miramax, because its was sold to someone who treated Miramax decent
Not always, it is uncertain, especially not Filmation after went to Hallmark in 1990s and there are some contents went lost for good after bought by other companies. Disney want to hold the IP for better use after movie theater downturn ends, so it could take years.

same with Saban/bvs/sip animation/fox kids libraries?

ok. response to this and that's it, because its about to go off topic, I said blue sky studios because I wanted a jk moment here
Disney may want to use this for future FAST.

I ended up responded your posts in right thread.

harry580

Not always, it is uncertain, especially not Filmation after went to Hallmark in 1990s and there are some contents went lost for good after bought by other companies. Disney want to hold the IP for better use after movie theater downturn ends, so it could take years.
and by not giving the blue sky studios library & ip to hallmark or saudi arabia, in a way disney keeps crossgen comics library but not do anything with it other than a few reissues

Moe

and not giving blue sky studios library & ip to hallmark or saudi arabia, in a way disney keeps crossgen comics library but not do anything with it other than a few reissues
If Disney want to sell Blue Sky Studios, it goes to highest bidder and new company takeover, so they could either use properties, or sit on properties, or abandoned for good. There is no guarantee that is going on streaming services, home videos or air on linear channels. You don't know about what happens with properties. It is unpredictable. If gets lost, so that you want to see to be sold.

When Disney recover from movie theater downturn, they can use Blue Sky Studios IP to make theatrical film.

You should know that mergers and acquisitions have consequences, so closure of Blue Sky Studios was going to happen when Fox sold 20th Century to Disney.

I cannot help with Blue Sky Studios, sorry and if you are unhappy - go talk to Disney.

harry580

If Disney want to sell Blue Sky Studios, it goes to highest bidder and new company takeover, so they could either use properties, or sit on properties, or abandoned for good. There is no guarantee that is going on streaming services, home videos or air on linear channels. You don't know about what happens with properties. It is unpredictable. If gets lost, so that you want to see to be sold.
mr filmation & mr saban would like to have a word with you

and also, if disney doesn't do anything with blue sky studios library & ip, I guess its for the best because disney wouldn't do live action versions of blue sky studios movies that would make me cry in a shower but still, that's means no rio 3 or ice age 7

Moe

mr filmation would like to have a word with you
Not all situations are created equally and I'm saying that you don't know about where properties would end up after sell to other companies.

Disney made most Blue Sky Studios films available to stream and you can buy all of Blue Sky Studios films on digital stores, so Blue Sky Studios is not abandoned.

harry580

sure, disney does made most blue sky studios films available to stream, but that was back when blue sky studios was still around before its closure in 2021, if the closure in 2021 happens, that would put the blue sky studios films in some sort of right issue maze over streaming contracts, the same contracts that would go after things like Futurama & king of the hill (if Futurama & king of the hill were on adult swim, why didn't you stream the series on max?)

Moe

sure, disney does made most blue sky studios films available to stream, but that was back when blue sky studios was still around before its closure in 2021, if the closure in 2021 happens, that would put the blue sky studios films in some sort of right issue maze over streaming contracts, the same contracts that would go after things like Futurama & king of the hill (if Futurama & king of the hill were on adult swim, why didn't you stream the series on max?)
No, there is no rights issues that associated with Blue Sky Studios films and Fox already made all movies streamable long time before bought by Disney, so it is already honored, along with legacy contents.

That’s not JAG, Nash Bridges, Happy Days and many other Paramount/CBS properties.

harry580

No, there is no rights issues that associated with Blue Sky Studios films and Fox already made all movies streamable long time before bought by Disney, so it is already honored, along with legacy contents.

That’s not JAG, Nash Bridges, Happy Days and many other Paramount/CBS properties.
so, I just compared blue sky studios films to jag, Nash bridges, happy days and many other paramount/cbs properties your a fan of. if that's the case, try song of the south, a film disney can't release it because of problematic content

Moe

so, I just compared blue sky studios films to jag, Nash bridges, happy days and many other paramount/cbs properties your a fan of. if that's the case, try song of the south, a film disney can't release it because of racist content
Song of the South is very obvious reason - Disney will not release this film and it has been around since 1980s.

You cannot compare Blue Sky Studios to Nash Bridges and JAG because Paramount was cheapskate with licensing in the past, also Blue Sky Studios films are movies, not TV shows.

I’m confused about what are you trying to say.

harry580

Song of the South is very obvious reason - Disney will not release this film and it has been around since 1980s.

You cannot compare Blue Sky Studios to Nash Bridges and JAG because Paramount was cheapskate with licensing in the past, also Blue Sky Studios films are movies, not TV shows.

I’m confused about what are you trying to say.
the thing is this: right issues

and the other thing, I know blue sky studios films are movies but I used song of the south as a example of disney being cheapskate and for good reason

if disney is still willing to do anything with ice age & rio, they would do sequels, but that would be hard because of the scrat thing & other right issues, live action remakes are also out of the question too for the same reasons (which is a good thing because I would cry in the shower)

if disney loves licensing blue sky studios contents, why not revive the Jetix brand for the blue sky studios contents & hell, the fox kids/jetix/saban/bvs/sip animation contents

Moe

and the other thing, I know blue sky studios films are movies but I used song of the south as a example of disney being cheapskate and for good reason
No, that’s cultural sensitivity, not cheapskate.

Disney can release if they want and there is no rights issue with Song of the South.

if disney is still willing to do anything with ice age & rio, they would do sequels, but that would be hard because of the scrat thing & other right issues, live action remakes are also out of the question too for the same reasons (which is a good thing because I would cry in the shower)

if disney loves licensing blue sky studios contents, why not revive the Jetix brand for the blue sky studios contents & hell, the fox kids/jetix/saban/bvs/sip animation contents
You already talked about those topics and my advice - go tell to Disney. There is nothing for me to help.

You tried to label Blue Sky Studios libraries as abandoned like Saban, but you actually insulted Saban further. Blue Sky Studios libraries are streamable since most of Saban properties aren’t. There is no known rights issues that associate with Saban properties, so Disney basically sit on properties. Go complain to Disney, not me.

harry580

No, that’s cultural sensitivity, not cheapskate.

Disney can release if they want and there is no rights issue with Song of the South.

You already talked about those topics and my advice - go tell to Disney. There is nothing for me to help.

You tried to label Blue Sky Studios libraries as abandoned like Saban, but you actually insulted Saban further. Blue Sky Studios libraries are streamable since most of Saban properties aren’t. There is no known rights issues that associate with Saban properties, so Disney basically sit on properties. Go complain to Disney, not me.
well, the reason why I compare blue sky studios to fox kids/Saban/bvs/sip animation because blue sky studios & fox kids/saban/bvs/sip animation stuff were owned by fox

and also, a lot of people like grphx made comments bashing disney & the YouTube grifters made videos on bashing disney but disney didn't say anything about those people and heck, you complain to disney and disney didn't do anything about it

Moe

well, the reason why I compare blue sky studios to fox kids/Saban/bvs/sip animation because blue sky studios & fox kids/saban/bvs/sip animation stuff were owned by fox

and also, a lot of people like grphx made comments bashing disney & the YouTube grifters made videos on bashing disney but disney didn't say anything about those people and heck, you complain to disney and disney didn't do anything about it
My hands are tied and Disney don’t read posts online, even heavy bash won’t do anything but waste of your time and annoyance to other members.

Muppet Babies is one of exception, however Disney’s acquisition of 20th Century, Marvel and Lucasfilm took care of most episodes, leaving around 80 episodes streamable, but there is hurdle, I don’t know about kind of songs are used from episode to episode.

Disney is not Paramount, so Disney is almost on par with Comcast NBCUniversal to have amount of contents that are not streamable.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I am more optimistic than I was awhile ago. I'm eagerly anticipating to see Porky and Daffy's movie in theaters because seeing hand drawn animation on the big screen is a real treat. And Pepe Le Pew is no longer retired. No need to worry anymore. Looney Tunes are still core to WB, and I am excited for what is next for them in the future.
Happy National Radio Day, Uh what's left of it! The day not radio.

Why youtube nickjr have Kamp Koral video for this??
Two Two's wrote on Mejo's profile.
What's your favourite classic Disney short?
#releasethebvsentertainmentlibrary

Featured Posts