Disney XD channel to be used by Marvel for character testing

Kaveh77

http://www.examiner.com/x-32393-Childrens-TV-Examiner~y2009m12d12-Disney-XD-channel-to-be-used-by-Marvel-for-character-testing

The Hollywood Reporter suggests Americans should keep an eye on the Disney XD channel for lesser-known Marvel characters: they're tomorrow's film stars.

Disney recently bought out Marvel for $4 million, and has access to their extensive library of characters. At the UBS Global Media & Communications Conference, Disney president and CEO Bob Iger told audiences that their new action-oriented channel and Web content would be used to test characters' appeal.

At the talk, Iger also commented that Disney is happy to let Sony keep producing Spider-Man and Iron Man movies, as the House of Mouse will handle the licensing.

Time Wizard

It All Ends Here
I don't know what to think of this! Its all very interesting! Dr. Strange may have a future? Maybe some Captain Britain? Hmmmm, the idea sounds good.

HEATXZ

Duck Knght
Great news :anime:
Will it be different shows or a animated version of Marvel Team ups

macattack

I see you!
Staff member
Reporter
This definitely means we got new content on the way. Likely animated in 2D like Marvel traditionally is but if they get the budget I would not completely rule out something live-action related as well.

But I'd like some great action cartoons. I'd like to see Hulk and Iron Man receive proper animated adaptations in particular. IM's 90's toon is iffy to be honest and Hulk's 2nd season . . . is better off forgotten.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
How exactly do they test t out ? Marathons of episodes that feature certain characters, like Captain America or Silver Surfer ? Animated mini-series or pilots ? Shorts ?

Well, I'm always down for more Marvel animation, so test away.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Potential... don't know what this means for The Spectacular Spider-Man.

creativerealms

It means nothing besides maybe this. If they plan to use to it boost marvel characters popularity having an already famous Marvel character on the channel can only help things. Depending on how you look at it new episodes of Spectacular Spider-man could be helpful in this case. Say airing the test character's show after Spectacular Spider-man or something like that.

sdp

miscrave
Apparently Disney didn't just get Marvel because of the established characters but what impressed them was the way they took a c-level superhero and turned him into a hit movie (iron man). So yeah this news definitely go along with that.

SpideyFan914

Greatest Poster Ever!
What I want to know is - how obscure are they talking? Doctor Strange obscure? Ant-Man obscure? Moon Knight obscure? Penance obscure? Man-Thing obscure? Marvel's has lots of different levels of obscurity....
And is this news or are they just referring to things we already knew like Black Panther or Thor (though it would be strange to test Thor's popularity with animation since he's already getting a film)?
What I'd most love for this to mean - Moon Knight. Most underrated superhero ever. He really deserves a series....

ryandcow

Wait.. they only bought Marvel for 4 mil.... how the heck did marvel have $19 dollar stock previous to the purchase than?

ryandcow

that's what I figured with all those popular movies, comics, some tv series', and all that merch...

Rud

Nine Arts Dragon
Apparently Disney didn't just get Marvel because of the established characters but what impressed them was the way they took a c-level superhero and turned him into a hit movie (iron man). So yeah this news definitely go along with that.
What in the world? Iron Man is not a c-level superhero, hes a big name and always has been. (If i somehow misunderstand what your saying, please correct me).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts