Disney XD channel to be used by Marvel for character testing

cartoonscartoons

I cant help it, if I'm lucky
Maybe they can do this through a Marvel Two-In One series. Putting obscurer characters (ex. Moon Knight) along side a well known character (In this case, The Thing) could be a good way to introuduce lesser-known Marvel characters.

sdp

miscrave
What in the world? Iron Man is not a c-level superhero, hes a big name and always has been. (If i somehow misunderstand what your saying, please correct me).

Before the movie came out the average joe didn't know who Iron Man was, only comic book fans would know. Now Iron Man is a household name. He may have been important in Marvel Comics but in the mainstream there were dozens of Marvel heroes people could name and iron man was not one of them.

ryandcow

Or people who watched the animated series in the 90's or on ToonDisney fairly recently, that's how I learned about him before the movie.

SpideyFan914

Greatest Poster Ever!
Or people who watched the animated series in the 90's or on ToonDisney fairly recently, that's how I learned about him before the movie.
And, unfortunately, the average joe hasn't either of them....
I can say that the only superheroes I even knew existed prior to my first comic were Spidey, Supes, Bats, Hulk, and Flash. Of course, I was 11, but....

The big names would have to be Spidey, Supes, Bats, Flash, GL, WW, FF, Hulk, Wolverine, Storm, maybe Cyke and Jean, Xavier, Rogue, Silver Surfer.... maybe DD and Elektra, but I think they're forgotten.... Iron Man's on the list now, but wasn't before the movie. Thor will be once his movie comes out, same for Cap (though Cap's still relatively well-known).

Gokou Ruri

Wielder of the dark arts.
Before the movie came out the average joe didn't know who Iron Man was, only comic book fans would know. Now Iron Man is a household name. .
Pretty much, and even now, the only Iron Man the average person cares about isthe movie one. They could care less about the comics or cartoons about him. So it'd be more accurate to say the movie is popular, rather than the comics.

Anyway, if this means a Runaways cartoon, then I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Dudley

Staff member
Pretty much, and even now, the only Iron Man the average person cares about isthe movie one. They could care less about the comics or cartoons about him. So it'd be more accurate to say the movie is popular, rather than the comics.

It's always been like that. Unfortunately movie adaptations of comics barely effect sells of comics for the better.

capfan1

I'd like to see Iron fist get his own direct to dvd or mini series,Moonknight also would be cool!Nova would be cool too.theres some others that are less known that might work,I'd have to check the marvel encyclopedia.This does sound interesting.

ryandcow

Not necessarily. If they add more daytime comedies they technically wouldn't have lied :shrug: but it would seem that way at this point.

SpideyFan914

Greatest Poster Ever!
It's always been like that. Unfortunately movie adaptations of comics barely effect sells of comics for the better.
Did in my case - the Spider-Man movie franchise was my introduction to comic books and superheroes as a whole. After Spider-Man 2, I just said, "I wanna read the comics!" and then I learned about the other Marvel heroes in those comics, began to collect a few of them, watch all the TV shows and movies, etc., and I was introduced to the DC universe via Batman, and recently watched the DCAU. So, yeah, in my case, the movies were definitely the spark for me. Nowadays, it's hard to imagine my life without superheroes....

chdr

The idea of more comedy in the day and more action in the night isn't bad. Although that doesn't explain Aaron Stone getting cancelled. If the rumors are true, that is.
Aaron Stone is being canceled due to low ratings, not because of it being action. Whether or not Disney will create any more live-action action series after the failure of AS is another story altogether...

Old Guy

I thought it was doing good. It is on Disney XD after all. What kind of ratings were they expecting?

soundmonkey44

Melancholic Man.
Howard the Duck the Animated Series! Make it happen Misney! Make it happen NOW! (Give me somthing good to watch in the 2010's! I demand it! LOL)

Seriously though the mallerd could use some Marvelous Misney Marketing!:D

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
Howard the Duck the Animated Series! Make it happen Misney! Make it happen NOW! (Give me somthing good to watch in the 2010's! I demand it! LOL)

Seriously though the mallerd could use some Marvelous Misney Marketing!:D

Unless they REALLY tone him down, Howard the Duck wouldn't work with anything lower than a strong TV-PG rating. :sweat:

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts