Disney XD News & Discussion Thread

Vila

Yeah, similar to Marvel's Spider-Man's mid-season finale that spanned over four episodes in July, I guess.

Also, Disney XD has a new split-screen credits style. I've captured a video of it during Big City Greens at 5:00 PM-5:30 PM EST, but for now, I'll upload the screenshot since the video is still processing.

View attachment 214131
Saw it while recording/checking the new masters of Big City Greens with Spanish audio added (only a very few atm, but they're slowing adding Spanish audio on the main Disney channel weekday airing, if anyone is curious).

Also, was it me, or did Milo's new crossover episode get little to no advertising? EDIT: It was the Missing Milo special. I have NO idea why it was labeled as "NEW" on the TV guide and on tv. I thought it already aired?

Lastly, there's a "SIGN OFF" set for Dec 1st at 5:30am I bet you it's just an unscheduled P&F episode while they do broadcast things, I guess. idk I don't know how disney/ABC techs does tech.

Last edited:

SleepyBat

Yo-kai, won't you be my friend?
Lastly, there's a "SIGN OFF" set for Dec 1st at 5:30am I bet you it's just an unscheduled P&F episode while they do broadcast things, I guess. idk I don't know how disney/ABC techs does tech.

Thing with the SIGN OFF listings is that they're...weird. I've never been able to figure out why they show up from time-to-time on Disney listings but they never mean anything, it is pretty much always just regularly-scheduled reruns whenever that appears on the schedule.

Vila

Thing with the SIGN OFF listings is that they're...weird. I've never been able to figure out why they show up from time-to-time on Disney listings but they never mean anything, it is pretty much always just regularly-scheduled reruns whenever that appears on the schedule.
Yep, they're weird. I've also seen it show up on Disney Jr. and at least one time in the main disney channel. Either way I still records them just in case something weird happens lol

LegoFanXDDC

The last SIGN OFFs were just the lineup's regular programming. Last month, it was an episode of Gravity Falls. On various dates of summer, it was Phineas and Ferb. A few weeks ago when they did a SIGN OFF it was also a Gravity Falls episode. These SIGN OFFs are nothing special unfortunately. I suppose these sign-offs are assigned by the techs at Disney Channels worldwide since they probably use them as editing tests or something like that :shrug:

Official promo for the new POKEMON THE MOVIE: THE POWER OF US - Premiering Saturday, December 8, 2018 at 7:00 P.M. EST on Disney XD (I assume they'll also add it to their on-demand feed as they have with other Pokemon movies and seasons).

Last edited:

LegoFanXDDC

Something interesting that just popped in my mind: Do any of you think that the Disney XD On Demand selection is only based off of shows that are currently on the network (even though not on the daily schedule, like Kickin' It and Lab Rats, and some of the LEGO stuff)?

All of the current on-demand programs are Beyblade Burst Evolution, Billey Dilley's Super Subterranean Summer, Fish Hooks, Gamer's Guide to Pretty Much Everything, Gravity Falls, Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout!, Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil, Kickin' It, Lab Rats, Lab Rats: Bionic Island, Lab Rats: Elite Force, various LEGO Marvel series/shorts, various LEGO Star Wars series/shorts, Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest, Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, Marvel's Spider-Man (2017), NFL! LOL, Parker Plays, Pickle and Peanut, Pokemon the Series (various seasons), Pokemon movies, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, Star Wars: Droid Tales and Yo-Kai Watch, if any of you were wondering. They've removed a few programs from its initial redesign, and consistently add/remove programs off of their on-demand feed for some reason.

Last edited:

lowell

Something interesting that just popped in my mind: Do any of you think that the Disney XD On Demand selection is only based off of shows that are currently on the network (even though not on the daily schedule, like Kickin' It and Lab Rats, and some of the LEGO stuff)?

All of the current on-demand programs are Beyblade Burst Evolution, Billey Dilley's Super Subterranean Summer, Fish Hooks, Gamer's Guide to Pretty Much Everything, Gravity Falls, Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout!, Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil, Kickin' It, Lab Rats, Lab Rats: Bionic Island, Lab Rats: Elite Force, various LEGO Marvel series/shorts, various LEGO Star Wars series/shorts, Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest, Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, Marvel's Spider-Man (2017), NFL! LOL, Parker Plays, Pickle and Peanut, Pokemon the Series (various seasons), Pokemon movies, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, and Yo-Kai Watch, if any of you were wondering. They've removed a few programs from its initial redesign, and consistently add/remove programs off of their on-demand feed for some reason.
A lot of the old shows that haven't been showing up on DisneyNow or even the channel recently are eventually going to be part of the Disney+ catalog. I'm also guessing some Disney+ shows will be aired on Disney XD in the future to promote the service more to get more subscribers.

LegoFanXDDC

A lot of the old shows that haven't been showing up on DisneyNow or even the channel recently are eventually going to be part of the Disney+ catalog. I'm also guessing some Disney+ shows will be aired on Disney XD in the future to promote the service more to get more subscribers.
Thought-provoking response, although most of the shows on-demand (Kickin' It and Lab Rats, for example) are available on the DisneyNOW app, even ones that weren't mentioned or featured on-demand until a certain time period. I mean, lots of programs left and came back on-demand (the case for the LEGO Marvel stuff), while some (like Walk the Prank and Right Now Kapow) left permanently, well, at least I think permanently. It's also important to note that earlier this year, sometime around May, series like Big Hero 6: The Series, DuckTales, Milo Murphy's Law (recently removed, not even moved over to Disney Channel on-demand, same with Phineas and Ferb), MECH-X4 (recently removed), Ultimate Spider-Man (all four seasons listed under the Seasons 1-2 title), an additional LEGO Marvel show, and less LEGO Star Wars stuff were listed on-demand with the other programming. Kick Buttowski, for some reason, wasn't added to the service until mid-June 2018, a week before it'd start airing its summer marathons. Star Wars Rebels stuck around for a bit until April or so when they removed it from the service, understandably, since the show ended (although it's still available for watch on DisneyNOW :anime:). Lilo and Stitch: The Series would be added in summer only to be removed from the service in late August, similar occurrences for Wander Over Yonder, Kim Possible (to an extent, still available on Disney Channel on-demand), Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja (additionally removed from DisneyNOW), and Fish Hooks (taken down temporarily only to be added to the service again as it's present on the service today). Other shows like Doraemon (which I saw on-demand earlier this year), Beyblade (Burst and earlier seasons), and Future-Worm! were also included. Now, it seems that XD has restricted its on-demand feed to what I like to refer to as their "normal" programming, series that air on a regular basis (Fish Hooks aired regularly slightly after Summer marathons, only to be taken off air sometime in late August). What I'm guessing is that they've only included programming that they air regularly for their on-demand feed :shrug: Also, speaking of on-demand, why is Disney Channel on-demand for my cable provider filled with content from the other two Disney channels mixed in with the Disney Channel proper programming? In my view, mixing in content from the other two Disney channels will only drown out content from the main Disney Channel, making it harder to find shows and original movies from Disney Channel proper like Austin and Ally, DuckTales (2017), or K.C. Undercover, for a few examples. Thoughts?

Last edited:

lowell

Thought-provoking response, although most of the shows on-demand (Kickin' It and Lab Rats, for example) are available on the DisneyNOW app, even ones that weren't mentioned or featured on-demand until a certain time period. I mean, lots of programs left and came back on-demand (the case for the LEGO Marvel stuff), while some (like Walk the Prank and Right Now Kapow) left permanently, well, at least I think permanently. It's also important to note that earlier this year, sometime around May, series like Big Hero 6: The Series, DuckTales, Milo Murphy's Law (recently removed, not even moved over to Disney Channel on-demand, same with Phineas and Ferb), MECH-X4 (recently removed), Ultimate Spider-Man (all four seasons listed under the Seasons 1-2 title), an additional LEGO Marvel show, and less LEGO Star Wars stuff were listed on-demand with the other programming. Kick Buttowski, for some reason, wasn't added to the service until mid-June 2018, a week before it'd start airing its summer marathons. Lilo and Stitch: The Series would be added in summer only to be removed from the service in late August, similar occurrences for Wander Over Yonder, Kim Possible (to an extent, still available on Disney Channel on-demand), Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja (additionally removed from DisneyNOW), and Fish Hooks (taken down temporarily only to be added to the service again as it's present on the service today). Other shows like Doraemon (which I saw on-demand earlier this year), Beyblade (Burst and earlier seasons), and Future-Worm! were also included. Now, it seems that XD has restricted its on-demand feed to what I like to refer to as their "normal" programming, series that air on a regular basis (Fish Hooks aired regularly slightly after Summer marathons, only to be taken off air sometime in late August). What I'm guessing is that they've only included programming that they air regularly for their on-demand feed :shrug: Also, speaking of on-demand, why is Disney Channel on-demand for my cable provider filled with content from the other two Disney channels mixed in with the Disney Channel proper programming? In my view, mixing in content from the other two Disney channels will only drown out content from the main Disney Channel, making it harder to find shows and original movies from Disney Channel proper like Austin and Ally, DuckTales (2017), or K.C. Undercover, for a few examples. Thoughts?
Some stuff that didn't arrive until June was still because the DisneyNow website was still settling in place. The app came out before the website and I remember that WatchDisneyXD was still the on-demand website during the Star Wars Rebels series finale. My thought that they didn't decide to retire WatchDisneyXD with DisneyNow yet in March, was because they were waiting for Rebels or Star vs. the Forces of Evil to be over to then open up DisneyNow. But note, that was when Disney Channel was prepping for a lot of Disney XD's programming to either be canceled or move to Disney Channel, including moving Star Wars canon programming (like Resistance now) to air first on Disney Channel while Lego specials stay at Disney XD. There's likely more changes to Disney XD programming next year since Mech-X4's gone, Walk the Prank maybe canceled (one of the actors moved to Disney Channel for a sitcom), the Marvel animated series are finishing up their runs as Avengers 4 running into theaters. Changes would be making Disney XD become a Nicktoons-like channel to rerun old Disney content and promote Disney+ with their content, don't know about the anime shows, maybe rerun old Fox children shows from their library once Fox deal is done. Honestly, the move of Disney XD shows to Disney Channel allows it to be stable to audiences since the sitcom era is slowing down and animation would make them more likely to stay since Disney XD is typically on a higher package than Disney Channel which is usually offered the most basic package of channels from any provider. With on-demand, just use DisneyNow, I've tried on-demand with my provider but sometimes the program won't stream.

Last edited:

LegoFanXDDC

Some stuff that didn't arrive until June was still because the DisneyNow website was still settling in place. The app came out before the website and I remember that WatchDisneyXD was still the on-demand website during the Star Wars Rebels series finale. My thought that they didn't decide to retire WatchDisneyXD with DisneyNow yet in March, was because they were waiting for Rebels or Star vs. the Forces of Evil to be over to then open up DisneyNow. But note, that was when Disney Channel was prepping for a lot of Disney XD's programming to either be canceled or move to Disney Channel, including moving Star Wars canon programming (like Resistance now) to air first on Disney Channel while Lego specials stay at Disney XD. There's likely more changes to Disney XD programming next year since Mech-X4's gone, Walk the Prank maybe canceled (one of the actors moved to Disney Channel for a sitcom), the Marvel animated series are finishing up their runs as Avengers 4 running into theaters. Changes would be making Disney XD become a Nicktoons-like channel to rerun old Disney content and promote Disney+ with their content, don't know about the anime shows, maybe rerun old Fox children shows from their library once Fox deal is done. Honestly, the move of Disney XD shows to Disney Channel allows it to be stable to audiences since the sitcom era is slowing down and animation would make them more likely to stay since Disney XD is typically on a higher package than Disney Channel which is usually offered the most basic package of channels from any provider. With on-demand, just use DisneyNow, I've tried on-demand with my provider but somtetimes the program won't stream.
Another thought-provoking, interesting reply. I also forgot to mention that Star Wars Rebels was on-demand, but now that it's ended, I assume they removed it straight away (in April or so). I also forgot to mention that Star Wars: Droid Tales is still available on-demand (not sure about DisneyNOW, but looks like they've got rights to call it Star Wars: Droid Tales rather than LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales - which was the name of the show before 2017, I believe). I do preference DisneyNOW in favour of on-demand, since it's a bit rough around the edges and glitches an often lot, however I do hope Disney continues what they did with the network before August 2018. Mid-August 2018 is when the channel, in my view, started to become somewhat stale, but I still stick around since schedule changes happen frequently, although what I liked about the pre-August 2018 era, as I like to call it, is that the channel kept you on your toes. Not to say it doesn't do that now, but since mid-August 2018, things started to dry out and the schedules became complacent and somewhat bland (not from a technical perspective, more from a personal/opinion-based view). Honestly though, the era of the transitioning of WATCH to NOW made the Disney channels pretty spontaneous in a way, and it was a pretty fun time to be around the network. I hope the best for the network in December, as I've seen some promising schedule changes taking place, but I still long for the Toon Disney/Jetix-esque atmosphere that the pre-August 2018 Disney XD masterfully built. Various marathons of different shows for short periods of time a day, spontaneous yet somewhat consistent schedule structure, schedule changes that actually meant something, and when they did marathons, similar to 2017, it was a big deal. It didn't just air, it had promos shown and such. I think the network is doing fine right now, although it could use a bit more variety and some touching up here and there, especially considering the network is losing original series since they'll first run on the main Disney Channel as opposed to airing Saturday/whatnot mornings/afternoons on Disney XD at ridiculous times. I do believe the network has potential, but I feel its wasting its potential by throwing its library of classic, hidden-gem programming under the bus and mistreating its shows. To be transparent, I'm a tad worried for the fate for this network :shrug:

lowell

Another thought-provoking, interesting reply. I also forgot to mention that Star Wars Rebels was on-demand, but now that it's ended, I assume they removed it straight away (in April or so). I also forgot to mention that Star Wars: Droid Tales is still available on-demand (not sure about DisneyNOW, but looks like they've got rights to call it Star Wars: Droid Tales rather than LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales - which was the name of the show before 2017, I believe). I do preference DisneyNOW in favour of on-demand, since it's a bit rough around the edges and glitches an often lot, however I do hope Disney continues what they did with the network before August 2018. Mid-August 2018 is when the channel, in my view, started to become somewhat stale, but I still stick around since schedule changes happen frequently, although what I liked about the pre-August 2018 era, as I like to call it, is that the channel kept you on your toes. Not to say it doesn't do that now, but since mid-August 2018, things started to dry out and the schedules became complacent and somewhat bland (not from a technical perspective, more from a personal/opinion-based view). Honestly though, the era of the transitioning of WATCH to NOW made the Disney channels pretty spontaneous in a way, and it was a pretty fun time to be around the network. I hope the best for the network in December, as I've seen some promising schedule changes taking place, but I still long for the Toon Disney/Jetix-esque atmosphere that the pre-August 2018 Disney XD masterfully built. Various marathons of different shows for short periods of time a day, spontaneous yet somewhat consistent schedule structure, schedule changes that actually meant something, and when they did marathons, similar to 2017, it was a big deal. It didn't just air, it had promos shown and such. I think the network is doing fine right now, although it could use a bit more variety and some touching up here and there, especially considering the network is losing original series since they'll first run on the main Disney Channel as opposed to airing Saturday/whatnot mornings/afternoons on Disney XD at ridiculous times. I do believe the network has potential, but I feel its wasting its potential by throwing its library of classic, hidden-gem programming under the bus and mistreating its shows. To be transparent, I'm a tad worried for the fate for this network :shrug:
I mean, for what it's worth on DisneyNOW was made to replace the Watch channels because a lot of people complained that there are separate websites to go to and they wanted to consolidate the programming collection together on one site. The reason why Disney XD is being mostly reruns is because the providers put them on a higher package than Disney Channel thus there's less audience for Rebels and other shows and since Disney Channel was a better place to distribute programming in the age of people moving from expensive to cheaper programming options. Another reason is the upcoming restructuring at Disney networks to allow production of new programming to mostly serve Disney Channel and Disney+ and to accommodate the Fox assets which allow Disney to boost more their TV studios for ABC, Freeform, FX Networks, A&E Networks, National Geographic, and Hulu. Maybe, if Disney manages to get Disney XD to move from the higher package to the basic package, it'll be more like Boomerang and offer more original programming in the future but they seem to rely more on Disney Channel which brings in a lot of revenue and Disney+ which will offset the loss of some people who don't watch live TV anymore but stream now. And I think since Resistance mostly air at 10pm on Sundays now on Disney Channel, people are not always able to catch them live and would go to watch it on DisneyNow later since it is on demand. For all its worth, Disney focuses on the audience quantity for TV and they'll serve the one that will get the wide distribution. Honestly, if I wasn't able to get an upgrade to the middle package to get Disney XD in 2014, I wouldn't have been able to see Rebels, a really good show which I've always thought was more suitable for Disney Channel since the Clone Wars was on Cartoon Network, not Boomerang. I wouldn't be surprised if Clone Wars will be rerun on Disney XD in the future including Season 7 & beyond from Disney+ to promote the service.

LegoFanXDDC

I mean, for what it's worth on DisneyNOW was made to replace the Watch channels because a lot of people complained that there are separate websites to go to and they wanted to consolidate the programming collection together on one site. The reason why Disney XD is being mostly reruns is because the providers put them on a higher package than Disney Channel thus there's less audience for Rebels and other shows and since Disney Channel was a better place to distribute programming in the age of people moving from expensive to cheaper programming options. Another reason is the upcoming restructuring at Disney networks to allow production of new programming to mostly serve Disney Channel and Disney+ and to accommodate the Fox assets which allow Disney to boost more their TV studios for ABC, Freeform, FX Networks, A&E Networks, National Geographic, and Hulu. Maybe, if Disney manages to get Disney XD to move from the higher package to the basic package, it'll be more like Boomerang and offer more original programming in the future but they seem to rely more on Disney Channel which brings in a lot of revenue and Disney+ which will offset the loss of some people who don't watch live TV anymore but stream now. And I think since Resistance mostly air at 10pm on Sundays now on Disney Channel, people are not always able to catch them live and would go to watch it on DisneyNow later since it is on demand. For all its worth, Disney focuses on the audience quantity for TV and they'll serve the one that will get the wide distribution. Honestly, if I wasn't able to get an upgrade to the middle package to get Disney XD in 2014, I wouldn't have been able to see Rebels, a really good show which I've always thought was more suitable for Disney Channel since the Clone Wars was on Cartoon Network, not Boomerang. I wouldn't be surprised if Clone Wars will be rerun on Disney XD in the future including Season 7 & beyond from Disney+ to promote the service.
I strongly agree. DisneyNOW is a better way for me personally to watch live and stream the shows and such, and taking note of what you said related to Star Wars, I personally thought Disney Channel would be a much better home for Rebels. I don't know why they couldn't just simulcast the series finale - having the special air on Disney Channel and Disney XD at the same time, like how they simulcasted Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors in late September. I also enjoyed Rebels, and the primetime premieres made me enjoy action shows on XD to a special extent. I suppose that since it's a Disney XD Original that Disney Channel didn't want to air it often, however MECH-X4 was aired on the network, and so was Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors - which originated from Disney XD due to Marvel Rising: Initiation premiering on XD before it reran on Disney Channel. Disney Channel also reruns LEGO Marvel/Star Wars shows the day after they air on XD, and it's also important to note that Star Wars Resistance has an earlier premiere time on XD than Disney Channel, which is 9:00 P.M. EST on Mondays. I think it'd be excellent, but not surprising, for XD to air Clone Wars aswell, although I suppose the reason why they haven't is similar to why they haven't aired Spectacular Spider-Man often. I still don't get why Disney XD is on higher package than Disney Channel when it practically just airs reruns and acquired programming more than it does with new or original series. And about the restructuring, what do you think the restructuring could mean for the Disney channels (XD in particular)?

Last edited:

LegoFanXDDC

I looked on my cable provider guide this afternoon to see what was airing on XD in December and I've found a few out of the ordinary programs that are fortunately not placeholders since they had episode descriptions and names, with the season it released in beside it. Before I begin, tonight starting at 8:30PM EST there is a Phineas and Ferb overnight marathon (yes, I know what you're thinking). Tomorrow morning there is also a mini-marathon of Beyblade Burst Evolution lasting from 6-7:30AM, interrupted by Star Wars Resistance, scheduled to air at 7:30AM, right after that will come the Anime Block with premieres/reruns of the network's current acquired anime series. Tomorrow will introduce Big Hero 6: The Series to the schedule as well as its Christmas bumpers, which will be on the schedule daily at 8:00AM, 6:00PM, and 10:00PM EST. First, on Sunday as you all may know Ultimate Spider-Man is going to air a mini-marathon from 6-9AM EST. Then, on Tuesday, December 4th Fish Hooks will return to the daily schedule at 3:30 AM, airing another episode on December 10th at 6:00 AM (seriously Disney, times when I can't watch live?). Marvel's Spider-Man will air daily at 9:30AM starting next week, in addition to its 10:30PM timeslot. On December 4th, Mickey Mouse will air for half-hour at the 10:30AM timeslot in between Kick Buttowski and Star vs. the Forces of Evil. Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero on the schedule Wednesday at 6AM EST, overnight marathon of Lab Rats starting at 8:30PM EST on December 7th-8th. After the Lab Rats overnight marathon concludes, content on the Anime Block (both new/reruns) will continue from 8-9:30AM EST, as well as the new Pokemon the Movie: The Power of Us will premiere at 7PM EST that Saturday evening. Pokemon the Series: Sun and Moon - Ultra Adventures will broadcast a mini-marathon lasting from 6-7:30AM, interrupted by Star Wars Resistance at 7:30AM, with the Anime Block taking place after the Star Wars Resistance episode scheduled for that time. On Sunday, December 9th there will be a morning mini-marathon of Marvel's Spider-Man lasting from 6-8:30AM. There's also a mini-marathon of Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors lasting from 8-10PM EST, supposedly in promotion for the upcoming Spiderverse movie from Sony. Because of that, the four episodes of the Spider-Verse arc in that show will rerun that night. Milo Murphy's Law will then join the weekly schedule again, but airing at an earlier timeslot than this week, starting at 6:30AM, right after Star vs. the Forces of Evil. On Wednesday, December 12th, Pickle and Peanut will air at 6:00AM. On Friday, December 14th, Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero will broadcast a rerun at the 2:00 PM timeslot for that day. On that same day, there will be overnight marathons for Big City Greens lasting from 6:30-12:00AM EST, and from 12:00-6:00AM EST Phineas and Ferb will take up the midnight timeslots. There will also be a mini-marathon of Star Wars Resistance the following Saturday lasting from 6:00-8:00AM EST. The new season of Beyblade Burst will premiere that day at 8:00 AM, rerunning later on at 7:00 PM for the later Anime Block reruns of the earlier premieres (like how they did in summer from 5-7PM EST). After the Anime Block concludes with a new episode of Pokemon the Series: Sun and Moon - Ultra Adventures scheduled for that day, DuckTales (2017) will broadcast a daytime marathon lasting from 9:30-4:00 PM EST, with the The Boxtrolls movie taking the 4:00-6:00 PM EST timeslot. There will also be a new episode of Big Hero 6: The Series right after that, and the network will air Toy Story That Time Forgot right after the BH6 episode. Right after an episode of Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest that takes the 9:00 PM timeslot, there will be an overnight mini-marathon of LEGO Star Wars: All Stars featuring the premiere that will air earlier that day. The mini-marathon lasts from 9:30-11:30PM, with Star vs. the Forces of Evil taking up the 11:30-12:30AM EST timeslots, as after that most of the daily overnight programming will resume, such as Gravity Falls or Phineas and Ferb. Contrary to this week, Fish Hooks is off the schedule for the 3:30AM timeslot it possesses this week. There will also be a morning mini-marathon of Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest from 6-8AM EST. After the BH6 episode scheduled for 9:30AM that day, there will also be a rebroadcast of the The Boxtrolls movie from 10-12:00PM EST, with Toy Story That Time Forgot following its rebroadcast with the 12:00PM timeslot. After that, there will be a mini-marathon of Big Hero 6: The Series lasting from 12:30PM-6:30PM EST, with Milo Murphy's Law taking the 6:30 PM timeslot. After that, there aren't too many out of the ordinary programs, so I'll just leave it at that. This post may be updated once I get more information :shrug:

Last edited:

LegoFanXDDC

Recently, I've been searching online out of boredom and I found a dated DisneyLOL page with an app download of WATCH Disney XD available. Here's a screenshot.

watch xd.png

Thoughts?

lowell

I strongly agree. DisneyNOW is a better way for me personally to watch live and stream the shows and such, and taking note of what you said related to Star Wars, I personally thought Disney Channel would be a much better home for Rebels. I don't know why they couldn't just simulcast the series finale - having the special air on Disney Channel and Disney XD at the same time, like how they simulcasted Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors in late September. I also enjoyed Rebels, and the primetime premieres made me enjoy action shows on XD to a special extent. I suppose that since it's a Disney XD Original that Disney Channel didn't want to air it often, however MECH-X4 was aired on the network, and so was Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors - which originated from Disney XD due to Marvel Rising: Initiation premiering on XD before it reran on Disney Channel. Disney Channel also reruns LEGO Marvel/Star Wars shows the day after they air on XD, and it's also important to note that Star Wars Resistance has an earlier premiere time on XD than Disney Channel, which is 9:00 P.M. EST on Mondays. I think it'd be excellent, but not surprising, for XD to air Clone Wars aswell, although I suppose the reason why they haven't is similar to why they haven't aired Spectacular Spider-Man often. I still don't get why Disney XD is on higher package than Disney Channel when it practically just airs reruns and acquired programming more than it does with new or original series. And about the restructuring, what do you think the restructuring could mean for the Disney channels (XD in particular)?
The restructuring would mean balancing out which shows go towards Disney Channel and which shows are more better on Disney+. Disney XD is definitely an advantage for Disney to showcase their Disney+ content to promote more subscriptions and since the sitcoms are being steered into some decline, the content that was moved and even not moved yet to Disney Channel will be able to make sure Disney Channel is still profitable. Since Disney XD is on a higher package, I don't think Disney really needs to care about the fees they get back from the providers if they're not supplying more content. If Disney XD was provided in the most basic package starting in 2014, Star Wars Rebels would've been one of the shows that brought in more viewers due to the quality of it and the hardcore relationship between fans with the canon. But as providers make the distribution in their favor more, if the original content doesn't bring in more viewers due to a higher expensive package, then they really don't care more about supplying new shows on that network but make it a rerun channel. It is a good effort for Disney XD to be a channel version of Disney+ or even promoting it because there's a higher percentage of people moving into streaming due to the convenience of watching things on-demand. For me, I'm doing both because there's still good things to watch on either side and I'm not that supportive of cord cutters. I feel like streaming is a new revenue earner for Disney and that's how they'll survive in the future by adapting to new innovation. Honestly, I felt Ducktales had a better future because it moved to Disney Channel since Disney XD is restricted for those who can't upgrade, it felt like the show was isolated from the entire world only to a small percentage of people who were the only one to able to take in some of the best shows in the last few years. Not a lot of people had Toon Disney back then due to it being on the same package Disney XD is now at and therefore they wouldn't have enough exposure to the early bunch of shows from Disney Television Animation's birth, now this new Ducktales iteration on Disney Channel allows for the new generation to take in the best of the past also.

lowell

Well, just to let you know, the Disney-ABC Television Group doesn't fully own A&E Networks, only a 50% share. The other half is owned by Hearst Communications.
Because due to the EU Commission's Fox approval, Disney is selling off the European part of A&E to likely Hearst, they might be considering to consolidate on the remaining 50% of A&E and 20% of ESPN here in the US or sell off their 50% of A&E and keep their 80% of ESPN. I really hope Disney consolidate those stakes so they can restructure the channels to their former glory. I feel like the programming since 2010 has been faltering due to Hearst's decision and the preference for more reality TV instead of documentaries. Honestly, Lifetime can be more focused on feminism, women's history, being more informative or even expand into LGBTQ education since there is some small effort on that for TV. I can't stand the TV movies which I don't even think help increase the number of subscribers. It's always showing violence and putting a murder-guilt-mystery-abuse twist which might not be that relevant anymore. The same thing with History, it's not a lot of documentaries anymore, it's a lot of stuff that Blaze had in the UK (an A&E Networks Europe channel). FYI is invaded by a Kardashian now, can't believe the rise of MTV and E lead to reality TV storming and squashing over educational programming. The way to reset is bring the channels back to making quality programs like before 2010 and work with Hulu and National Geographic since that's going to be eventually siblings of A&E in a way. Bring Blaze to the US and put all the reality TV stuff from History to make it the same as it is in Europe. History Channel Europe, I can't believe I'm saying this, still has good documentaries for its audiences. History Channel US, needs to step up. Maybe it's time to port in Military History Channel and the former H2 content that is stored somewhere to supply the History Channel. Military History is only currently carried by U-Verse and Verizon's online FIOS TV so not a lot of audience being able to access it. I also believe maybe it's time to expand A&E by buying EW Scripp's Katz Broadcasting networks and making them jump from local broadcasting to cable, they can expand A&E's demographic and interests in non-fiction educational variety programming. Make FYI have reruns of old Bio channel programming and make more programs of that genre and quality level. Lifetime Real Women's content could be ported back into Lifetime. All the crazy TV movies and wacky programs should be moved over Lifetime Movies and be called Lifetime Exploration instead. Make Crime and Investigation be available to more providers. Viceland should just stay put and keep going with their stuff. Eventually A&E is going to supplying Hulu as National Geographic is doing for Disney+, keep up with the quality programming. ESPN makes sense as there is need to get more revenue and Hearst doesn't really do anything for the channels (maybe the magazine?) or even ESPN+. Maybe it's time for ESPN ownership of Disney to become fully 100% so they can do all they need to do to make the channels perfect.

LegoFanXDDC

The restructuring would mean balancing out which shows go towards Disney Channel and which shows are more better on Disney+. Disney XD is definitely an advantage for Disney to showcase their Disney+ content to promote more subscriptions and since the sitcoms are being steered into some decline, the content that was moved and even not moved yet to Disney Channel will be able to make sure Disney Channel is still profitable. Since Disney XD is on a higher package, I don't think Disney really needs to care about the fees they get back from the providers if they're not supplying more content. If Disney XD was provided in the most basic package starting in 2014, Star Wars Rebels would've been one of the shows that brought in more viewers due to the quality of it and the hardcore relationship between fans with the canon. But as providers make the distribution in their favor more, if the original content doesn't bring in more viewers due to a higher expensive package, then they really don't care more about supplying new shows on that network but make it a rerun channel. It is a good effort for Disney XD to be a channel version of Disney+ or even promoting it because there's a higher percentage of people moving into streaming due to the convenience of watching things on-demand. For me, I'm doing both because there's still good things to watch on either side and I'm not that supportive of cord cutters. I feel like streaming is a new revenue earner for Disney and that's how they'll survive in the future by adapting to new innovation. Honestly, I felt Ducktales had a better future because it moved to Disney Channel since Disney XD is restricted for those who can't upgrade, it felt like the show was isolated from the entire world only to a small percentage of people who were the only one to able to take in some of the best shows in the last few years. Not a lot of people had Toon Disney back then due to it being on the same package Disney XD is now at and therefore they wouldn't have enough exposure to the early bunch of shows from Disney Television Animation's birth, now this new Ducktales iteration on Disney Channel allows for the new generation to take in the best of the past also.
Interesting. I also think that DuckTales (2017) will have a better future due to gaining more exposure on Disney Channel, since most people have access to Disney Channel rather than Disney XD due to the package and higher price. It would be awesome to see XD as a rerun channel with some new stuff, but mostly new network premieres of some of their programming and acquisitions. Thought-provoking reply, Iowell. Disney Channel should air the old DuckTales in addition to the new one, and they apparently don't care about Big City Greens or Big Hero 6: The Series as much as XD does, same thing with Milo Murphy's Law, Gravity Falls, and Phineas and Ferb, since their new cartoon block is scheduled for weekends at 6AM-9AM EST I believe. Speaking of which, Big Hero 6 and The Nightmare Before Christmas aired on XD today, and they have some cool-looking bumpers. I'll post them later here on the forums :shrug:

LegoFanXDDC

Some screenshots (since video is still processing) of Big Hero 6: The Series Disney XD bumpers from 2017, since the series aired "NEW" episodes today (same episodes that aired on Disney Channel in the summer, but it's a network premiere, so I suppose the title makes sense). Here are some screenshots until the video is done processing:

bh6 2.png

bh6 4.png

bh6 3.png

bh6 1.png

Looks pretty neat. Quite different from the other bumpers on this network. The different style reminds me of DuckTales (2017) bumpers, although the DuckTales (2017) ones still use the animations seen on series like Gravity Falls or Star vs. the Forces of Evil in 2017, dropping its 2016 theme, which used Green/Purple pallettes with brief animated GIFs from the shows. Thoughts?

Note: I've merged this post myself since I don't want to clutter the forums with double posts. Anyway, here is the promo to Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors reruns on Disney XD. I suppose it's promotion or something for the upcoming Spider-Verse film, I'm not sure, anyway here's the video :anime: It's nice to see that Disney is doing something related to Spider-Man considering Stan Lee died recently, and although it's not canon, I'll accept this as a tribute.

(Note: I'm sorry about the poor quality Drive upload, the original video is in much higher quality :sad:)

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts