Disney XD News & Discussion Thread

LegoFanXDDC

Here's the schedule for this week.
Cool :anime: It's good to know that I can record Fish Hooks during its 3:30 AM EST timeslot on the weekends, since I'm allowed to be up at that time. Unfortunately I might have to wake up earlier to catch Penn Zero, or I could just wait until December 14th when it'll be on the schedule for 2:00 PM EST (not placeholder; confirmed on my TV guide with episode description and season number). Thanks for posting this week's schedule :shrug: Also, did you know that there is a Star Wars Resistance mid-season finale next Monday? I'll record the promo later. Also, the new LEGO Star Wars: All Star promo uses different graphic design/artwork in comparison to its previous ones with the action themes. I'll record these promos later :shrug:

I've recorded the promos. I'll upload them soon since their videos are processing. Here's some screenshots for now.

lego star wars all stars promo art.png

Promotional art for NEW LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars this Saturday, never seen this variant before.

star wars resistance finale art.png

Promotional art for Star Wars Resistance mid-season finale on Monday, although I've only uploaded this since the graphics look different from its original promos.

They've also aired some animated Star Wars shorts today, which were listed on DisneyNOW. I'll also publish that later once the videos finish processing, but here is another screenshot for now.

galaxy adventures.png

Apparently it's titled Star Wars: Galaxy of Adventures and is available on Disney XD and DisneyNOW, no mention of its on-demand service though, probably since they don't feature short series on their on-demand feed (they used to, but even Two More Eggs were edited into 22 minute episodes). Thoughts? :shrug:

Also, the schedule is really interesting this week. I hope they keep it like this. Looks like they're returning to their previous 2015-mid 2018 style in scheduling, featuring various programs a week and less overplays of the same four shows in a single day, which can get tiring. There should be more to look forward to this December for the network, especially considering it's using its normal bumpers and promos as opposed to October 2018's Halloween branding, which was fine, even though I got sick of it quickly. They should've only played them during movies like how they are doing this month with their Christmas bumpers. Pretty surprising to see BH6: The Series back on the schedule with more airtime than Disney Channel proper has given it. Speaking of which, it's quite refreshing to see the 2017 bumpers for that show again, even though it uses Christmas branding for the advertising of new episodes and such. Either way, pretty decent schedule. Hope it stays like this for a while. Thanks for the updates :anime:

Last edited:

LegoFanXDDC

This afternoon while recording LEGO Star Wars: All Stars I found a funny little error that happened with the network's Now-Next IDs.

The NOW ID showed that Phineas and Ferb was airing at the time LEGO Star Wars was

xd screenshot 1.png

And the NEXT ID showed that Gravity Falls was next on the schedule even though the 3:00 PM EST timeslot is scheduled for Beyblade Burst Evolution, since Gravity Falls airs at 2:00 PM EST on weekday afternoons.

xd screenshot 2.png

I don't understand how this happened but it was pretty hilarious that they didn't update their NOW-NEXT IDs from about an hour ago :shrug:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Though the fact that at least one Disney XD channel somewhere in the world is shutting down is worth noting.

LegoFanXDDC

Disney is shutting down Disney XD in Australia from Jan 6 and moving all the shows from Disney XD to Disney Channel. So the same thing might happen in to Disney XD U.S

Foxtel Help & Support - Disney XD Channel Closure - Foxtel Community - 260727
That can't be for the US. January 6th is the premiere date for a special episode of Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest (season 5 of Avengers Assemble). It's unfortunate that DXD in Australia and New Zealand is down, since not many of my Australian or New Zealander (I'm using general labels here) have heard of the channel in those nations, actually. Do you think the same will happen for Canada and other English-speaking nations like South Africa? :sad: I also doubt that the US channel will shut down soon, but things may be already starting to fall apart for the network. Disney seldom airs what most people come to the network for, and they're making less desirable schedules packed with marathons of common shows, theoretically to draw more viewers into the already successful Disney Channel.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
That can't be for the US. January 6th is the premiere date for a special episode of Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest (season 5 of Avengers Assemble). It's unfortunate that DXD in Australia and New Zealand is down, since not many of my Australian or New Zealander (I'm using general labels here) have heard of the channel in those nations, actually. Do you think the same will happen for Canada and other English-speaking nations like South Africa? :sad: I also doubt that the US channel will shut down soon, but things may be already starting to fall apart for the network. Disney seldom airs what most people come to the network for, and they're making less desirable schedules packed with marathons of common shows, theoretically to draw more viewers into the already successful Disney Channel.
Its obvious that its shutting down there since they never had Jetix, aside from a block on Disney Channel that lasted 5 years, while the network launched extremely late by standards, the same happened for Disney XD in Canada before the rights were acquired by Corus. Heck, we (in the US) almost thought that the DXD is dying when they moved most of the recurring animated series from XD to DC.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

LegoFanXDDC

Its obvious that its shutting down there since they never had Jetix, aside from a block on Disney Channel that lasted 5 years, while the network launched extremely late by standards, the same happened for Disney XD in Canada before the rights were acquired by Corus. Heck, we (in the US) almost thought that the DXD is dying when they moved most of the recurring animated series from XD to DC.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk
As well as, theoretically, creating less desirable schedules all throughout 2015 (even now) to draw more viewers onto the Disney Channel, as well as potentially using the network as an advertisement for the new Disney+ service and all of the series the service will offer to subscribers.

animegamer

Disney XD Asia is trying to stay alive with Marvel/Star Wars programming, as well as bringing ended original and acquired series from Disney Channel. They recently brought back The Suite Life on Deck on the channel, and some DXD channel exclusive shows were premiered recently like O11CE and Rimba Racer. For those that don't have Disney XD Asia like in Vietnam, Disney Channel Asia shows Marvel's Spider-Man and Star Wars Resistance at 10pm which is a late time. Given this and also Disney SEA has a lot of acquired shows in their lineup, I don't think DXD Asia will close anytime soon.

Here's a continuity I recently recorded:

Disney XD Asia was also launched late, in 2012.

LegoFanXDDC

What is with Disney XD's recent obsession with Big City Greens? The show has been appearing on the schedule at an overwhelming amount since its debuted on the network, and don't get me wrong I think that BCG is a quality Disney cartoon (better than most shows on the main network), but seeing that this is like the fourth or fifth time we've had a Big City Greens marathon (overnight/day) since its network premiere, it occurs to me that Disney XD is giving the show similar treatment as Phineas and Ferb. Heck, we're even getting yet another overnight marathon of BCG tomorrow (which I'm all for, but it seems the network is favouring it about the same as another show, which leads me into my next point). By this rate, it is soon to become a staple of the network (another Disney Channel original to become the face of one of their sister channels), which I don't view as a bad thing, I just feel that by giving too much exposure to already established programming like Phineas and Ferb or Big City Greens (it's not an incredibly popular or well-known show, but it has been airing on the main channel at a time where most viewers are have the opportunity to watch it, giving it the potential to excel in viewership), it allows the executives at XD to burn off their lesser-known, seldom-aired shows like Billey Dilley or MECH-X4. I do admire that XD is treating BCG better than Disney Channel proper has (in terms of scheduling), airing the show often and at better times than DC, however I'm beginning to worry if the network's treatment for the show will lead to other series being burned off and forgotten, although that leads into another thing that not only frustrates me about treatment of shows like Phineas and Ferb or BCG, but also about the network in general. I really care about quality content; which this network (out of many these days) provides consistently. It just concerns me that the network seems to have lost the spontaneity feel which I and some others initially adored (and craved) about the network since its 2015 redesign in favour of sticking to the same schedule each week packed with hour blocks of the same shows and movies. To our advantage, there's always DisneyNOW and other options to view out-of-the-norm Disney content. Thoughts?

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
What is with Disney XD's recent obsession with Big City Greens? The show has been appearing on the schedule at an overwhelming amount since its debuted on the network, and don't get me wrong I think that BCG is a quality Disney cartoon (better than most shows on the main network), but seeing that this is like the fourth or fifth time we've had a Big City Greens marathon (overnight/day) since its network premiere, it occurs to me that Disney XD is giving the show similar treatment as Phineas and Ferb. Heck, we're even getting yet another overnight marathon of BCG tomorrow (which I'm all for, but it seems the network is favouring it about the same as another show, which leads me into my next point). By this rate, it is soon to become a staple of the network (another Disney Channel original to become the face of one of their sister channels), which I don't view as a bad thing, I just feel that by giving too much exposure to already established programming like Phineas and Ferb or Big City Greens (it's not an incredibly popular or well-known show, but it has been airing on the main channel at a time where most viewers are have the opportunity to watch it, giving it the potential to excel in viewership), it allows the executives at XD to burn off their lesser-known, seldom-aired shows like Billey Dilley or MECH-X4. I do admire that XD is treating BCG better than Disney Channel proper has (in terms of scheduling), airing the show often and at better times than DC, however I'm beginning to worry if the network's treatment for the show will lead to other series being burned off and forgotten, although that leads into another thing that not only frustrates me about treatment of shows like Phineas and Ferb or BCG, but also about the network in general. I really care about quality content; which this network (out of many these days) provides consistently. It just concerns me that the network seems to have lost the spontaneity feel which I and some others initially adored (and craved) about the network since its 2015 redesign in favour of sticking to the same schedule each week packed with hour blocks of the same shows and movies. To our advantage, there's always DisneyNOW and other options to view out-of-the-norm Disney content. Thoughts?

Gotta agree - as much as I do enjoy BCG myself, overrunning any show isn't good and will never be good. This is why TV in such dire straits, compared to using other methods to watch these shows.

I've noticed during Tonight's Marathon of Big City Greens that it went to a commercial break right after the theme song played. It's not uncommon for them to do this in recent times, but for shows that doesn't have a prologue before like Big City Greens for example, It doesn't happen often.

SpongieLoud

Bingo Bango!
I've noticed during Tonight's Marathon of Big City Greens that it went to a commercial break right after the theme song played. It's not uncommon for them to do this in recent times, but for shows that doesn't have a prologue before like Big City Greens for example, It doesn't happen often.
It’s been happening with a lot of their shows as of late.

LegoFanXDDC

Strangely enough, they've been doing that since the start of December. I'm not sure why, since normally it'd stay on until the first 11 minute episode is over; continuing into the next after the ad break. It's kinda strange because on some episodes, the ad break does not play until the episode's 11-minute segment concludes. I've noticed this pattern in other shows such as Lab Rats, Gravity Falls, Milo Murphy's Law, Phineas and Ferb, Marvel's Spider-Man (2017), Pokemon, Yo-Kai Watch, Beyblade Burst and additionally seldom-aired programming like Kim Possible, Randy Cunningham, Penn Zero, Fish Hooks, Pickle and Peanut, some of the lesser-aired Marvel shows, and I've even seen it on a Star Wars Rebels episode once if I'm mistaken. Now, obviously, there are more shows airing on the network since its 2015 redesign that have done this, but I've only listed the ones I've noticed this pattern in. I noticed that Disney doesn't repeat this pattern for series like Star vs. the Forces of Evil, Walk the Prank, MECH-X4, some episodes of Marvel shows, Star Wars series, LEGO stuff, Kick Buttowski, and some others I'm probably unaware of. It's pretty strange indeed :shrug:

Also, I've noticed something about the network's graphics and art style. Series that are now being advertised with the 2017 bumper design are still airing with their initial 2015-2016 bumpers that use the green and purple themes. I'll demonstrate some examples.

Kick Buttowski.png

Here, the network is advertising Kick Buttowski using the 2017 variant of their bumpers, yet when Kick Buttowski is airing on television, they still use the green/purple bumper variants from 2015-2016.

Kick Buttowski Night.png

Kick Buttowski Day.png

I suspect that they haven't redesigned the ad break bumpers according to the 2017 variants, but I find this strange since shows like Gravity Falls, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, Gamer's Guide to Pretty Much Everything, Milo Murphy's Law, Right Now Kapow, Walk the Prank, and some others I may have not mentioned all used the 2015-2016 green/purple variants until 2017, when they were premiered and rerun with ad break bumpers to match the current (2017-present) style. I'm not sure why some series are advertised now with the 2017 variants, but still use the 2015-2016 ad break bumpers during their reruns, but that's just something I've noticed about the network's design that I'd like to point out. Thoughts?

Last edited:

SpottyBlue

You know, Disney XD US also now using the DXD EMEA Christmas idents in addition to the original ones created by 2veinte.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

RDG

Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive
Is it me, or is DXD airing BB Turbo out of order already? According to my guide, they're airing episode 15 right now, and tomorrow, they're starting from episode 2. Also starting tomorrow 8:30a-3p and 4p-6p, they're doing marathons of:
Tues.: Phineas and Ferb
Wed.: Gravity Falls
Thurs.: Star Vs.
Fri.: Big Hero 6

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
You know, Disney XD US also now using the DXD EMEA Christmas idents in addition to the original ones created by 2veinte.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

They probably going to use all (except for Furiki Wheels part, since that doesn’t air in the US) until next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SleepyBat

Yo-kai, won't you be my friend?
Is it me, or is DXD airing BB Turbo out of order already? According to my guide, they're airing episode 15 right now, and tomorrow, they're starting from episode 2.
Just took a look at Zap2it and compared it to some other episode guides, it seems to be awfully erroneous. Don't worry, they're airing it in the right order.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I don't like the Absolute Batman bat-symbol. To quote Mr. Horse: "No sir, I don't like it".
About time I will also watch this tonight, probably the only live-action adaption of a classic cartoon character that I have yet to see.
MV5BODFiOWY2OTctMzBlNi00MjhhLTg4MWQtMTI5YTUzZTI2N2E1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTUyMzE4Mzg@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
I also noticed since last week, at 6:30am when I was watching SpongeBob... I noticed there's nick@nite promos like Friends: We Were on a Summer Break promo, etc.. But no adult commercials though.
The Sonic 3 trailer really made my day. That was fantastic!

Featured Posts