Disney XD News & Discussion Thread

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
WAIT WAIT WAIT! Hold on. This means that Big Hero 6: The Series AND Milo Murphy's Law are airing on the network regularly, right? This means I can record footage of the series airing on XD along with bumpers, promos and Now/Next IDs. Neat. I've also seen on my TV provider's guide that there are new episodes of Milo Murphy's Law next Sunday (November 25th, I think) airing at 3:00PM EST on Disney XD. I hope we get promos and such for the series. Man this is going to be an epic week :anime:
Both shows have aired on the channel before.

LegoFanXDDC

Both shows have aired on the channel before.
I know, it's just that I haven't seen them on the network in a while (aside from Big Hero 6: The Series in October 2018, which had the Halloween promos, bumpers, and IDs) and I've had almost every series promo/ID/advertisement/commercial-breaks since Disney XD's relaunch in 2015 on my old drive, however most of the footage is poorly recorded since I didn't know how to screencast. I was waiting for the chance to record every Disney XD series bumper/ID/advertisement/commercial-breaks since its 2015 relaunch in high quality (since I have access to high-quality recording materials now) and since I've started my collection again in late summer 2018, Milo and BH6 (with proper branding) weren't airing on the network until now. I'm honestly ashamed of myself since I've had the chance to record every Disney XD series bumpers and such if only I'd invest in quality materials :shrug:

RDG

Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive
Starting tomorrow (11/19) at 6a, there'll be almost all-day marathons of:
Mon.: Parker Plays 6a-3p; 4p-6p
Tues.: Phineas and Ferb (note: Beyblade will still be airing that day, but sadly not Pokemon, as the latter is replaced by P&F and Zootopia)
Wed.: Gravity Falls 6a-3p
Thurs.: DuckTales 6a-3p
Fri.: Big City Greens (until 4p)

Movies:
Mon: Zootopia 6p
Tues.: Zootopia 3:45p; Ice Age: Continental Drift 6p
Wed.: Ice Age: Continental Drift; 4p Bolt
Thurs.: Bolt 4p; Meet the Robinsons 6p
Fri.: Meet the Robinsons 4p; WALL-E 6p

LegoFanXDDC

So this morning I wake up to check my TV Provider guide for some XD/DC updates and stuff and skipping all the way to December, I saw some interesting placeholders (unfortunately they weren't real programs airing on the schedule :sad:)

These placeholders were on at various times of day, programs shown on the schedule were Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man vs. the Sinister Six, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, Marvel's Avengers: Ultron Revolution, MECH-X4, Walk the Prank, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, Penn-Zero: Part-Time Hero, Phineas and Ferb, Gravity Falls, Beyblade Burst Evolution, Yo-Kai Watch, Pokemon the Series: Sun and Moon, Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil, Milo Murphy's Law, and Big Hero 6: The Series. While only a couple of these programs weren't placeholders, as some of them had actual episode descriptions rather than those of the full series/season, it was still interesting to see how late XD was on updating their December schedules. It's also important to note that an hour later, the placeholders were removed and merged into actual programming that was airing on the network. I was a tad bit underwhelmed to find these programs were placeholders, but it was an interesting sight to write a post on :anime:

LegoFanXDDC

So recently I checked my guide and the press schedule for December releases on Disney XD and it's confirmed on Sunday, December 2nd that there will be a morning mini-marathon of Ultimate Spider-Man lasting from 6-9AM EST. Also, while I'm on the subject of Marvel, I personally feel that Disney XD should make a mostly Marvel schedule as a tribute to Stan Lee since he died recently. He's shaped the lives of comic book fans and superhero enthusiasts like myself for years, and while the Disney Marvel cartoons may not be of best quality, I feel that it is only fair for Disney to pay homage to Stan Lee and his works that shaped the Marvel Universe into what it is today by creating a mostly Marvel schedule for their cartoon-centric network anyway. Thoughts?

SleepyBat

Yo-kai, won't you be my friend?
Also, while I'm on the subject of Marvel, I personally feel that Disney XD should make a mostly Marvel schedule as a tribute to Stan Lee since he died recently. He's shaped the lives of comic book fans and superhero enthusiasts like myself for years, and while the Disney Marvel cartoons may not be of best quality, I feel that it is only fair for Disney to pay homage to Stan Lee and his works that shaped the Marvel Universe into what it is today by creating a mostly Marvel schedule for their cartoon-centric network anyway. Thoughts?
I'm actually quite surprised they haven't already done something like that. They really should, though.

lowell

I'm actually quite surprised they haven't already done something like that. They really should, though.
Actually, I think they have something planned already for him in a celebration for Marvel's 80th Anniversary next year. They did a big night on ABC in 2014 for 75 years to lead in to Age of Ultron. I'm guessing with the inclusion of Fantastic Four and X-Men, there's going to be big tributes for both Stan Lee and Marvel featured at ABC, Disney Channel, Freeform, Disney+, SDCC, D23 Expo (plus, he's also a Disney Legend now alongside Jack Kirby). I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the original comic creators will finally be joining the Disney Legends in 2019 like maybe Joe Simon, Steve Ditko, John Romita, Sr., Don Heck, Bill Everett, Steve Ditko.

LegoFanXDDC

Actually, I think they have something planned already for him in a celebration for Marvel's 80th Anniversary next year. They did a big night on ABC in 2014 for 75 years to lead in to Age of Ultron. I'm guessing with the inclusion of Fantastic Four and X-Men, there's going to be big tributes for both Stan Lee and Marvel featured at ABC, Disney Channel, Freeform, Disney+, SDCC, D23 Expo (plus, he's also a Disney Legend now alongside Jack Kirby). I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the original comic creators will finally be joining the Disney Legends in 2019 like maybe Joe Simon, Steve Ditko, John Romita, Sr., Don Heck, Bill Everett, Steve Ditko.
Ah, interesting. I didn't know they were planning big stuff like that behind the scenes. Thanks for the informative reply, it's nice to know that Disney is planning something big for Marvel as a tribute to Stan Lee, even if it's not exactly related to Marvel cartoons on XD, it's still nice to know that they're aware of the recent news :anime:

LegoFanXDDC

Sorry for the double post, and this is a bit off-topic (not Disney XD off-topic, but not necessarily related to its programming or anything), but I've found an old Disney XD page on Internet Archive and there is the option to watch live, however the site keeps blocking my Flash plug-ins. If I do manage to make it work, do you think that the live feed will show programs from that year (2016, to be specific)? It'd be great to capture footage and bumpers of the old Disney XD in 2018, but I'm not sure if it's entirely possible. Once again, I'm sorry if this is a tad off-topic, but I'm really excited to see how this will go, although I'm not quite sure how to crack the plug-in blocked code :sad:

disney xd sitemap 1.png

(sorry for the editing, I just had to be discreet as possible since I'm using someone else's machine temporarily)

I've also looked on their site that has a button titled "Shows", and I click on it and find various 2016-2018 Disney XD shows on their site.

disney xd sitemap 2.png

(the text is a bit hard to read, but I assume it's because the site is using a restructured mock-up since the official mock-up couldn't be saved for unknown reasons)

It's amazing, really, but the big question is if Internet Archive will allow the Flash content to play, and if it does, do you think that the outdated broadcasting schedules from the dates I select on the site map will play the content that aired on that date? Thoughts, anyone? :shrug:

SleepyBat

Yo-kai, won't you be my friend?
As interesting as it'd be, it's just doesn't work like that unfortunately. They wouldn't be able to archive a live video feed the way it functions, so whatever script it tries to call for wouldn't work because the Archive bots wouldn't have access to it, and the scripts would be calling for new files anyway.

...Or something like that. It's hard to explain but, short story shorter, there's no way it'd be able to archive old footage from that stream.

LegoFanXDDC

As interesting as it'd be, it's just doesn't work like that unfortunately. They wouldn't be able to archive a live video feed the way it functions, so whatever script it tries to call for wouldn't work because the Archive bots wouldn't have access to it, and the scripts would be calling for new files anyway.

...Or something like that. It's hard to explain but, short story shorter, there's no way it'd be able to archive old footage from that stream.
Ah, interesting. I never thought of it like that. Thanks for the information, Riley, it's really sweet to have an answer (even if it's the one I expected, yet somewhat underwhelming that the old Disney XD schedules can't be restored). If only I'd known better to learn to invest in higher quality recording materials and haven't wasted all of my space on my external drive I could've had everything 2015-onward Disney XD related. Anyway, thanks for the response, very informative and helpful :anime:

LegoFanXDDC

Here's a 1 minute video for 25 Days Of Christmas.
I just saw that ad on television. I believe there's also a DisneyNOW variant which I recorded during Milo Murphy's Law this afternoon. I'll upload it later, but thanks for the post in high quality :anime: I didn't know XD posted it to their YT channel. It looks amazing, although I hope some of the shows that weren't featured in the promo yet are still scheduled to air in December (like Ultimate Spider-Man, Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero, Lab Rats, and a few others) use their regular bumpers if the December series get a seasonal bumper like how they did for October (even though the bumper was only played during certain hours) :shrug:

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
Ah, interesting. I never thought of it like that. Thanks for the information, Riley, it's really sweet to have an answer (even if it's the one I expected, yet somewhat underwhelming that the old Disney XD schedules can't be restored). If only I'd known better to learn to invest in higher quality recording materials and haven't wasted all of my space on my external drive I could've had everything 2015-onward Disney XD related. Anyway, thanks for the response, very informative and helpful :anime:
Whenever I used the live feed, it was streaming exactly what was airing on TV except with Disney, Marvel or Star Wars shorts and promos airing instead of the ads. The last time I checked the feed on DisneyNow, they had started airing the regular ads as well. As cool as it would be, Disney doesn't have an archived feed streaming somewhere.

If they're really giving up on XD as a place to watch new original content, they should be making it the best rerun channel they can by cracking the XD/TD/Jetix vault and providing a wider variety for the viewers. If only this was always an ideal world.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

LegoFanXDDC

Whenever I used the live feed, it was streaming exactly what was airing on TV except with Disney, Marvel or Star Wars shorts and promos airing instead of the ads. The last time I checked the feed on DisneyNow, they had started airing the regular ads as well. As cool as it would be, Disney doesn't have an archived feed streaming somewhere.

If they're really giving up on XD as a place to watch new original content, they should be making it the best rerun channel they can by cracking the XD/TD/Jetix vault and providing a wider variety for the viewers. If only this was always an ideal world.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Interesting. When I used the live feed before 2015, it'd just show the "We'll be right back" graphic just like Disney Channel does now on their current live feed, sometimes even cutting into the bumpers. I think they still replace cable TV ads with DisneyNOW promos like how they used to with the older streaming, I'm not sure why, but at least they don't always cut the bumpers. Also, I agree that they should give XD the variety that made people watch it in preference of DC anyway. The thing is, Disney XD started to loose variety towards the end of summer this year. Throughout 2018, XD's aired almost every program on the network since 2015, and much of the content featured on-demand has been aired. While if anything, we could access these programs with DisneyNOW and on-demand, I do find it underwhelming how since the premiere of Big City Greens the network has dropped all of its variety (not completely, but still, the network doesn't have as much diversity as it used to). While I personally have nothing against the current schedule, it seems that overnight marathons only serve to be used for the station as an excuse to air reruns of the same programs, with each episode out of order. Once again, overnight marathons are cool - if they weren't the only chance to watch series like Lab Rats or Milo Murphy's Law. They should air throughout the day like how they used to. They should just start up their 5-8 P.M. EST marathons that they've been doing since 2016 and stopped in summer for some reason, which featured different programs everyday along with other programs airing on the schedule right after that (not Avengers or Phineas and Ferb overplays) :sad:

LegoFanXDDC

Official promo for a NEW hour-long special of Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest - I assume it's a season finale, I'm not sure though, since it just started, or maybe the show will go on hiatus. Anyway, I've captured this promo during the recording of Big City Greens at 11:00 P.M. EST on Sunday, November 25th, 2018. Thoughts?

(sorry for the low-quality, the original video is in higher quality than the drive upload)

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Official promo for a NEW hour-long special of Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest - I assume it's a season finale, I'm not sure though, since it just started, or maybe the show will go on hiatus. Anyway, I've captured this promo during the recording of Big City Greens at 11:00 P.M. EST on Sunday, November 25th, 2018. Thoughts?

(sorry for the low-quality, the original video is in higher quality than the drive upload)
I'm pretty sure this is a midseason finale given how Disney's Marvel cartoons all have 26 episode seasons.

LegoFanXDDC

I'm pretty sure this is a midseason finale given how Disney's Marvel cartoons all have 26 episode seasons.
Yeah, similar to Marvel's Spider-Man's mid-season finale that spanned over four episodes in July, I guess.

Also, Disney XD has a new split-screen credits style. I've captured a video of it during Big City Greens at 5:00 PM-5:30 PM EST, but for now, I'll upload the screenshot since the video is still processing.

xd credits.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts