"Gargoyles: Bad Guys" #1 - 6 Mini-Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment on "Gargoyles: Bad Guys"

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• *1/2

• Total voters

Paul_Cousins

Graphic Novel format seems to be the intended way of continuing, but hey at least we won't have to double dip to support them, and the story pacings would be better.
If SLG or Disney changed to a yearly or bi yearly graphic novel release, I would buy it. :)

Ian

¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!
So...does this mean that once the trade paperbacks are out, there will be no more new Gargoyles stories written by Greg in a comic book format?

Or will they just release graphic novel style chapters from here on out, instead of monthly books?
The former more than the latter, it seems. After all, they can only publish Trade Paperbacks collecting what's already been published, and once these two are out...that's all she wrote, at least under the SLG label.

In any case, this sucks mightily, if it weren't for the fact that I've waited four years for this, I'd just have waited for the trades, but despite the fact that the numerous delays and mistakes have shown that waiting was the better option, I've continued to buy the separate issues because I just have to know what happens. And now this? While I know that Weisman's role in this is nonexistent, it's almost enough to make me give up on the whole thing. After all, even if this does come to happen as Weisman says--and I have no confidence that it will, since it seems incredibly sketchy--I'd expect it to be released no sooner than nine months, based on past circunstances--and frankly, the story isn't nearly good enough to make that kind of wait worth it. While I know hindsight is 20/20, Weismana and Slave Labor should have just gone on with Trades from the beginning--this is ridiculous.

Ian, thanks for replying to my inquiry!
Any time, dude. :anime:

GregX

Considering that David Hedgecock is no longer drawing, and a new artist will be used to finish it off (Greg Guler is doing 10), it may come out faster than that.

Goodfellow

So what is going to happen to the King Arthur spin off after Villians? And the one where Brooklyn goes to the future? Are they pretty much just going to leave us screwed again?

Ian

¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!
Considering that David Hedgecock is no longer drawing, and a new artist will be used to finish it off (Greg Guler is doing 10), it may come out faster than that.
Actually, it's not the artists I'm worried about; I'm more concerned with the approval proccess, that, as far as I know, has been responsible for most of the series delays. It's not a very quick process at the best of times, and with the circunstances being what they are, I can't help but seeing them drag their feet even more.

GregX

Actually, it's not the artists I'm worried about; I'm more concerned with the approval proccess, that, as far as I know, has been responsible for most of the series delays. It's not a very quick process at the best of times, and with the circunstances being what they are, I can't help but seeing them drag their feet even more.

Actually, I think it was mostly the art. At the Gathering, Greg said that Hedgecock had trouble keeping up with the deadlines. Also, notice how the other artists tended to get their work out much faster.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
You can help out too, by buying the DVDs and the first trade if you haven't already.

I can't find Gargoyles anywhere!My local comic andbook stores don' carryanyofit. I havethe season 1 DVD, but no one in Ottawa has season 2 volume two. I can't help Gargoyles! I want to!:crying:

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
I can't find Gargoyles anywhere!My local comic andbook stores don' carryanyofit. I havethe season 1 DVD, but no one in Ottawa has season 2 volume two. I can't help Gargoyles! I want to!:crying:

Season 2 Volume 2 has yet to be released, but if you get the first volume of Season 2 it will convince Disney that DVDs are worth producing (Infact, part of the reason many fans haven't support Volume 1 is waiting for Season 2 to be released). If you can't find Season 2 Volume 1, then look for it online at sites for Amazon, Hastings, Walmart, Target, Best Buy).

And as a warning: If you see any sets being sold that claim to have all of the episodes, then ignore it. They are bootlegs, and buying them will not convince Disney into releasing the series. Infact, the reason I suggested the sites I did is because winning the set (even official) from an auction will not go towards Disney. Any titles other than Gargoyles The Complete First Season or Gargoyles Season 2 Volume 1 are not from Disney.

As for the trade, again, order a copy off Amazon or online bookstores such as Hastings or Barnes & Noble or ask for the guy at the comic store to order a copy. The full title is "Gargoyles Clan Building Volume 1".

Plus, if you have any friends who are a fan of W.I.T.C.H. (Especially Season Two) or The Spectacular Spider-Man, then recommend them to Gargoyles since Weisman has had involvements in both shows.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Season 2 Volume 2 has yet to be released, but if you get the first volume of Season 2 it will convince Disney that DVDs are worth producing (Infact, part of the reason many fans haven't support Volume 1 is waiting for Season 2 to be released). If you can't find Season 2 Volume 1, then look for it online at sites for Amazon, Hastings, Walmart, Target, Best Buy).

And as a warning: If you see any sets being sold that claim to have all of the episodes, then ignore it. They are bootlegs, and buying them will not convince Disney into releasing the series. Infact, the reason I suggested the sites I did is because winning the set (even official) from an auction will not go towards Disney. Any titles other than Gargoyles The Complete First Season or Gargoyles Season 2 Volume 1 are not from Disney.

As for the trade, again, order a copy off Amazon or online bookstores such as Hastings or Barnes & Noble or ask for the guy at the comic store to order a copy. The full title is "Gargoyles Clan Building Volume 1".

Plus, if you have any friends who are a fan of W.I.T.C.H. (Especially Season Two) or The Spectacular Spider-Man, then recommend them to Gargoyles since Weisman has had involvements in both shows.

I know vol 2 hasn't been released. I typed the wrong thing. What's worse, I don't have any friends that are into that stuff. But still, thanks. You've given me a number of ways to help save Gargoyles. Tell me.... If I bought an old issue of Gargoyles (which I managed to find) would Disney still make profit?

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
I know vol 2 hasn't been released. I typed the wrong thing. What's worse, I don't have any friends that are into that stuff. But still, thanks. You've given me a number of ways to help save Gargoyles. Tell me.... If I bought an old issue of Gargoyles (which I managed to find) would Disney still make profit?

Probably not, but like I said, the trade would be your best bet. Even more so since the Graphic Novel format will be similar to the trades.

If you go to any other messageboards then bring up the series and talk to them about it. Or if you have the money to get multiple copies of an issue then you could go about buying some to drop off at places at waiting rooms (like a doctor's office, dentist office, barber shop, eye doctor). Or even giving some to the librarys.

Ian

¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!
Actually, I think it was mostly the art. At the Gathering, Greg said that Hedgecock had trouble keeping up with the deadlines. Also, notice how the other artists tended to get their work out much faster.
Honestly, I hadn't really noticed; to me, any delay was just as long as the other. Still, pity about that; initial problems aside, I think Hedgecock was, and is the perfect artist for the series, and I'd still like him to be involved in future Gargoyles projects.

GregX

Honestly, I hadn't really noticed; to me, any delay was just as long as the other. Still, pity about that; initial problems aside, I think Hedgecock was, and is the perfect artist for the series, and I'd still like him to be involved in future Gargoyles projects.

I'm a fan of Karine Charlebois, myself. And not just because she and I are friends.

Goodfellow

I highly doubt Disney is suddenly going to release S2V2 by this point in time. If they were going to do it, they would have done it a while ago. And pretty much everyone that was going to buy it already did. This is why they should have just released the whole thing as one set instead of in a half set. It would have sold the same regardless, and we would have had ALL of the episodes to S2. Thanks a lot for the incompetence Disney!!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts