"Gargoyles: Bad Guys" #1 - 6 Mini-Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment on "Gargoyles: Bad Guys"

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• *1/2

• Total voters

Harlan_Phoenix

I highly doubt Disney is suddenly going to release S2V2 by this point in time. If they were going to do it, they would have done it a while ago. And pretty much everyone that was going to buy it already did. This is why they should have just released the whole thing as one set instead of in a half set. It would have sold the same regardless, and we would have had ALL of the episodes to S2. Thanks a lot for the incompetence Disney!!

It would've sold the same despite being much more expensive? Your logic is bad and you should feel bad.

Incompetence? Disney released the sets on the grounds that the fans would actually buy them. The second set sold less than the first.

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
This is why they should have just released the whole thing as one set instead of in a half set.

It would have been too costly for the casual or new fan who wasn't quite devoted to the property.

Thanks a lot for the incompetence Disney!!

They could have advertised it better yes, but a good deal of the failure of the DVD also happened because:

A. A good portion of the fans thought that Season 2 Volume 2 was a sure thing thus didn't put the same effort into spreading the word that they did for the first release.

B. Then of course you had some that were hung up on pride and wouldn't buy until the later half of the season was released even if they had the money to purchase the set.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
I highly doubt Disney is suddenly going to release S2V2 by this point in time. If they were going to do it, they would have done it a while ago. And pretty much everyone that was going to buy it already did. This is why they should have just released the whole thing as one set instead of in a half set. It would have sold the same regardless, and we would have had ALL of the episodes to S2. Thanks a lot for the incompetence Disney!!

I heard volume 2 is on Amazon. Greg said he hadn't heard about it, however. Still, have faith.

Goodfellow

It would've sold the same despite being much more expensive? Your logic is bad and you should feel bad.

Incompetence? Disney released the sets on the grounds that the fans would actually buy them. The second set sold less than the first.

WHich is why they should have made it ALL of Season 2, we wouldn't be in this debacle right now.

It would have been too costly for the casual or new fan who wasn't quite devoted to the property.

Again, who cares. It obviously didn't matter since we still aren't getting the second half. That would be like Universal saying, "Well, Heroes Season 2 did only half as good when it aired, so let's just release episodes 1-6 on video and screw them on the rest."

They could have advertised it better yes, but a good deal of the failure of the DVD also happened because:

A. A good portion of the fans thought that Season 2 Volume 2 was a sure thing thus didn't put the same effort into spreading the word that they did for the first release.

B. Then of course you had some that were hung up on pride and wouldn't buy until the later half of the season was released even if they had the money to purchase the set.

How about actually distributing it so stores would actually have gotten it the day it came out, and would have gotten more than 2 copies? I spent an hour searching for S2V1 the day it came out because none of the Best Buy stores had it. And when I finally did find it, Target had TWO whole copies.

Harlan_Phoenix

WHich is why they should have made it ALL of Season 2, we wouldn't be in this debacle right now.

I'm going to repeat this, since it looks like you just ignored my post and said the same thing I was refuting.

Your logic is bad. You should feel bad.

Again, who cares. It obviously didn't matter since we still aren't getting the second half. That would be like Universal saying, "Well, Heroes Season 2 did only half as good when it aired, so let's just release episodes 1-6 on video and screw them on the rest."

Not really, considering that Heroes and Gargoyles are two shows under entirely different contexts concerning popularity, relevancy, etc.

How about actually distributing it so stores would actually have gotten it the day it came out, and would have gotten more than 2 copies? I spent an hour searching for S2V1 the day it came out because none of the Best Buy stores had it. And when I finally did find it, Target had TWO whole copies.

You could've just gone to Amazon.

Antiyonder

Staff member

I agree that Disney could have done better, but so could the majority of the fanbase that didn't do anything.

A. While it would be nice for them to be available in stores, Amazon is just as easy. Or you could simply have had the stores ordering a copy just for your purchase.

B. In the case of some fans, availability wasn't the problem, they just held out on purchasing because they wanted both volumes at the same time. And they were naive enough to think that the second volume was a sure thing.

Wonderwall

Staff member

No one would've been able to buy a whole season set, and it would've been far too large and expensive. Not even live action shows get that kind of treatment, unless its a special box set, so why would a cartoon ever get one? They went with the logical way in breaking it up into 2 volumes, it worked for all the DCAU sets.

I had the opposite happen to me, I went to my nearest store( HMV )which at the time was 8 minute walk away from where I lived at the time( its now like a 10 minute walk:p) and found 4 copies there. Best Buy and Future Shop also had a number of copies. Distribution isn't the same throughout all stores.

Ian

¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!
I'm a fan of Karine Charlebois, myself. And not just because she and I are friends.
While I find her to be quite talented, and a definite good fit for the book, my main problem with her is, ironically enough, that her style is a bit too much like the cartoon, to the point where it almost feels like it could be a storyboard for it. While I can see the appeal of something like that, I like to think of the comic book as its own subtly different thing, and like when the art reflect that. Given that, I prefer her in Bad Guys than on Gargoyles proper, even though I think her art is of the type that really benefits from color.

Ed Liu

Frog of Thunder
Staff member
Reporter
Folks, this thread is for discussion of the comic book series, not the status of the DVD releases. Please stay on-topic. Thanks.

-- Ed

Goodfellow

You could've just gone to Amazon.

I should NOT have to go to Amazon for anything. They should properly distribute it so everyone who wants it can pick it up at a REAL store. I hate ordering movies online, especially from a shoddy place like Amazon. Not only have they sold me bootlegs from time to time (and I am not talking about their low life sellers), but I want to touch my copy before I buy it. I want to make sure there are not scratches or dents in the box. I want to make sure the disc is not loose. Plus, if there is a problem, I can easily walk into the store and exchange it without a hassle. If I order it online, I have to contact Amazon (or whomever), wait to get a shipping label (or some places make you spend your own money), go to the post office, wait whatever amount of time, and then hope the next one comes in perfect condition. And then there is the fact that not everyone in this world can order online. Some don't have credit cards, while others do not have access to the internet.

No one would've been able to buy a whole season set, and it would've been far too large and expensive. Not even live action shows get that kind of treatment, unless its a special box set, so why would a cartoon ever get one? They went with the logical way in breaking it up into 2 volumes, it worked for all the DCAU sets.

I had the opposite happen to me, I went to my nearest store( HMV )which at the time was 8 minute walk away from where I lived at the time( its now like a 10 minute walk:p) and found 4 copies there. Best Buy and Future Shop also had a number of copies. Distribution isn't the same throughout all stores.

I would have bought the whole thing. I was ready willing and able to put $100 down right then and there for the full set, but no, Disney wanted to short change me. Let's hope the next time they choose to put Gargoyles on DVD, they do it right from the get go. Besides, Season 1 sold so well, there was no excuse for them to determine sales of S2V1. This is Disney, not some third rate money troubled company. If anything, they should have made S2V2 sold exclusively through their stores. There is a Disney store in a local mall I can get to.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
I should NOT have to go to Amazon for anything. They should properly distribute it so everyone who wants it can pick it up at a REAL store. I hate ordering movies online, especially from a shoddy place like Amazon. Not only have they sold me bootlegs from time to time (and I am not talking about their low life sellers), but I want to touch my copy before I buy it. I want to make sure there are not scratches or dents in the box. I want to make sure the disc is not loose. Plus, if there is a problem, I can easily walk into the store and exchange it without a hassle. If I order it online, I have to contact Amazon (or whomever), wait to get a shipping label (or some places make you spend your own money), go to the post office, wait whatever amount of time, and then hope the next one comes in perfect condition. And then there is the fact that not everyone in this world can order online. Some don't have credit cards, while others do not have access to the internet.

I would have bought the whole thing. I was ready willing and able to put $100 down right then and there for the full set, but no, Disney wanted to short change me. Let's hope the next time they choose to put Gargoyles on DVD, they do it right from the get go. Besides, Season 1 sold so well, there was no excuse for them to determine sales of S2V1. This is Disney, not some third rate money troubled company. If anything, they should have made S2V2 sold exclusively through their stores. There is a Disney store in a local mall I can get to.

Very true, but I have no other way of getting Gargoyles stuff. Bootlegs, eh?
I better keep my fingers crossed....:sad:

DisneyBoy

Searchin' My Soul
Just checked out Karine Charlebois' Deviantart account, and I have to say...I like what I see! Her Demona looks good...

http://kanthara.deviantart.com/art/SDCC-Demona-Commission-93407184

Is she the one doing the "bonus" issues in the upcoming trade? Cause that sounds good to me!

Who was the person that did that awesome cover with Thailog standing over a bleeding Goliath though? THAT was pure gold!

EDIT: The more I look at her art, though, the more I see her personal style coming through in the faces of the characters. Elisa in particular looks a little different, as does Goliath. Wish that wasn't the case.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Just checked out Karine Charlebois' Deviantart account, and I have to say...I like what I see! Her Demona looks good...

http://kanthara.deviantart.com/art/SDCC-Demona-Commission-93407184

Is she the one doing the "bonus" issues in the upcoming trade? Cause that sounds good to me!

Who was the person that did that awesome cover with Thailog standing over a bleeding Goliath though? THAT was pure gold!

EDIT: The more I look at her art, though, the more I see her personal style coming through in the faces of the characters. Elisa in particular looks a little different, as does Goliath. Wish that wasn't the case.

Greg Guler did that cover, I believe. And yes, Ms.Charlebois' art is awesome. Her Demona is spot-on.

AlgeaX

Oh, hello?

Personally, I think it's good for the comic artists to bring their own styles to the characters rather then xeroxing the cartoon.

Ian

¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!

Ian

¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!
I've rewatched Hunter's Moon again, and it's made me re-think a couple of things about this series. For one, I hadn't realized that Robyn's costume had been slightly altered for the book; her original one left her midriff and part of her arms uncovered, and had slightly larger shoulder pads. While I prefer her more recent outfit, I wish its designer had taken away the pads entirely, as they've always felt incredibly dated (at least to me, who first saw the show in 2004/2005).

On another note, I had completely forgotten that Robyn and Sevarius had met before, when Robyn worked as Demona's assistant. I had just assumed that Sevarius had gotten the Correy alias from an I.D. card Hunter carried around with her (don't ask me why); suddenly the scene makes much more sense. I wonder if Sevarius will take this information back to Demona, and what, if anything she'd do with it.

Antiyonder

Staff member
On another note, I had completely forgotten that Robyn and Sevarius had met before, when Robyn worked as Demona's assistant. I had just assumed that Sevarius had gotten the Correy alias from an I.D. card Hunter carried around with her (don't ask me why); suddenly the scene makes much more sense. I wonder if Sevarius will take this information back to Demona, and what, if anything she'd do with it.

I believe Dominque is still lying low, thus I'm not sure if Sevarius can reach her. Though I'd like to see how she'd react to a Hunter and a Gargoyle working together.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts