General International TV Channels Thread

J10

Basically, you get zero Nickelodeon content in the South Asian region. What is Viacom’s plan here exactly? I don’t get it.
Viacom's plan in South Asia is repeating episodes on Nick India and not having Shows like Sanjay and Craig, The Loud House, Harvey Beaks with increasing Indian Content and making it 100%.

I think Nick India and any Viacom 18 channels would one day in the future cease broadcasting like Nick Arabia in 2011 and MTV Middle East in 2015, when they were FTA, due to repeats of broadcasting and later Viacom International will change and split Viacom 18 into Viacom India and Viacom South Asia with relaunching its channels and Changing Nickelodeon Sonic into Nicktoons.

J10

Speaking about this, Disney India and Disney Asia are merging and the Indian head will take over the SEA countries.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/tel...wo-mds-kang-for-n-asia-samat-for-south-170912
Well, If the merge happens, I think Disney Channel India will stop airing alots of Doraemon and decrease its airings into 3 times a day. Let's hope they won't air alots of Doraemon and balance the schedule.

If they didn't stop airing it a lot, there would be bad treatment in all the 3 Main Disney Channels like what they did to the Indian Versions. Let's hope there would be some new creativity in the channels in all Asia-Pacific.

animegamer

If they ruin DC Asia I’m sure they will get a lot of backlash.

Btw, Digi21 replaced Pogo with Disney Junior Asia.

J10

If they ruin DC Asia I’m sure they will get a lot of backlash.

Btw, Digi21 replaced Pogo with Disney Junior Asia.
Digi21's Channel list page put FOX Life and Fashion TV in the Documentary list and both channels broadcast Lifestyle and Fashion Programming.

animegamer

I guess Upin and Boboiboy are very popular on DC Asia, but at least they don’t show it all day and maintain a proper timing for the shows. Disney and Nick India should learn from them. Just because a show is popular doesn’t mean spam it all day.

You know Hungama on weekends just airs Shinchan literally 24/7 and nothing else?

ItsSunshine

Banned
I remember there used to be a controversial Romanian TV channel called DDTV that used to have Betty Bop and Felix the Cat during the day.

Ryan

Well known for talking about Canada.
Here's two promos that aired on Unis TV.

NOTE: That French Goosebumps uses the Quebec dub. Goosebumps did aired on Teletoon in 2015 to promote the 2015 film, and returned to YTV during the Fall of 2016 here.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts