General International TV Channels Thread

J10

The color of Canal+ Extra logo went little lighter than it was planned. Finally, the color is much better.
1722011284644.png

Last edited:

canyuksel97

Well, TRT Cut Their Broadcast Of The Opening Ceremony Of The Summer Olympics
During The Segment Of Olympic Flag Segment.

While TRT Interrupts Its Broadcast, Eurosport 1 Was Not Affected As They Shown Its Segment As Usual.

EDIT: A Few Minutes Later, They Returned To Its Broadcast During The Speeches.

Last edited:

canyuksel97

Well, TRT Cut Their Broadcast Of The Opening Ceremony Of The Summer Olympics
During The Segment Of Olympic Flag Segment.

While TRT Interrupts Its Broadcast, Eurosport 1 Was Not Affected As They Shown Its Segment As Usual.

EDIT: A Few Minutes Later, They Returned To Its Broadcast During The Speeches.
It Was Found That Interruption Was Because Of LGBT Message Was Aired.
However Eurosport 1 (Co-Broadcaster Of The Olympics Along With TRT) Was Unaffected By This Interruption.

TRT Spor And Yıldız Aired An Alternative Programming Until They Returned To Their Feed A Few Minutes Later,
During An Speeches From An Commitee And Thomas Bach On An Split Screen While Women Is Talking,
Until They Ditched Split Screen 10-15 Minutes Later.

Last edited:

J10

No, it was aired and then complains have happened from viewer. It didn’t cut until it’s too late.

beIN SPORTS MENA has aired it normally, and I guess Morocco and Algerian State Channels has cut the signal, and I’ll make sure of it. I guess they’ll censor it once reruns are being broadcasted.

EDIT: Meanwhile, on beIN SPORTS, the LGBT thing is still intact and not censored on reruns.

Last edited:

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Direct One is to be sold to DIGI Hungary, and ownership will be changed in couple of months.
Hungarian version: https://media1.hu/2024/07/28/direct-one-muhold-4ig-canal-streaming-magyarorszagi-indulas/
Changing of ownership also includes the introduction of the Canal+ streaming service to Hungary next year.

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
A quick intromission on something only I do care, but, at one point (not sure when, though?) Sony did sell Animax Japan and Kids Station to Nojima.
Well, at least they now have the whole family, since they already had AXN Action Channel and AXN Mystery Mystery Channel.
Fun, now two different entities get to have dibs on the Animax name! Since the Asian one is under KC Global Media (and they even managed to bring it back to India as a FAST channel)

J10

Plans to drop HD logo from TVP

"Telewizja Polska may soon follow in the footsteps of TVN and the German ZDF, which have recently stopped emphasizing under their logos that their signal is available in high definition. TVP is considering removing the HD note from the logos of its antennas", informs Wirtualnemedia.pl, the Corporate Communication Department of TVP.

Last edited:

BlooCNBoy02

Here in Hungary, the MTVA channels dropped the separate HD bug by 2014 (only some programs that were in HD, had that bug), RTL-branded channels with the 2022 rebrand, TV2 in 2020, ATV in 2012. Two RTL sister channels, Cool and Film+, still have HD bugs, maybe Viasat 3-6 and Hír TV too.

Francisque

The HD DOGs don't make sense anymore, I'm surprised a removal of HD inscriptions is even considered

HD has become the norm for broadcasting in many countries, and even in countries that don't, you have the EPG
Plus, removing the HD inscriptions from the DOG removes complexities in term of playout system

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner

C8 Is no more on TNT from next year, along with NRJ12, due to the French regulator ARCOM's decision

I'm kind of happy about the loss of C8 (although quite populist CNews still is there); not all its programming is bad, but Hanouna's show is terribly populist

As Vivendi in general, which obviously has many dark sides

I'm kind of "envious" too, in Italy the situation is not exactly ideal with our government, and right wing propaganda while not total is there

UK could do the same with GBNews, IMO
I understand C8, but NRJ 12?
"Panorama" (TVP2's news program) will be broadcast only on TVP Info (officially it moves there) starting from this September:
TVP 2 will have no news. That would be the same as ending Newsnight on BBC Two and moving it to the BBC News channel.

JulianRO

That's good, but we have lots of elderly people here who still use them. Luckily many of them have digital receivers that helps them receive digital channels, but some of them also have analogue cable.

All providers we have here still offer analogue cable, however Vodafone plans to shut it down gradually.

BlooCNBoy02

Here in Hungary, the MTVA channels dropped the separate HD bug by 2014 (only some programs that were in HD, had that bug), RTL-branded channels with the 2022 rebrand, TV2 in 2020, ATV in 2012. Two RTL sister channels, Cool and Film+, still have HD bugs, maybe Viasat 3-6 and Hír TV too.
UPDATE: I channel-surfed this morning to check accurately. Hír TV has removed the HD bug and along with that, came a new animation. Viasat 6 doesn't have an HD version. Super TV2 and Mozi+ used to have an HD bug, but they also removed it by 2023. HD channels by other companies don't have HD bugs either.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts