General International TV Channels Thread

RegularCapital

Staff member
The Microsoft IT Outage is also affecting TV channels, including Sky News (which still has no on-screen graphics), and as mentioned on BBC Breakfast, CBBC is still not broadcasting.

IMG_20240719_083820985.jpg

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
The Microsoft IT Outage is also affecting TV channels, including Sky News (which still has no on-screen graphics), and as mentioned on BBC Breakfast, CBBC is still not broadcasting.

View attachment 309255
In Portugal, Disney Channel and Disney Junnior were affected. Disney's remaining channels that used to be owned by FOX International Channels still have their separate playout facilities and are working fine.

J10

View attachment 309255
Before that, Sky News put technical issue infocard until a hour later, it shows the screen and went to the emergency studio and announce that they could watch the program on YouTube and other websites.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Before that, Sky News put technical issue infocard until a hour later, it shows the screen and went to the emergency studio and announce that they could watch the program on YouTube and other websites.
Yeah, I saw the infocard earlier this morning. They seem to be back to some kind of normality now.

Couldn't check any Disney Channels because obviously they don't have any here anymore. :D

Couldn't see anything wrong with the Viacom channels here, and it didn't affect Cartoon Network's channels or POP.

Really odd that it affected CBBC but not also CBeebies.

Pro D Yungster

Make the Break the Fake the Take!
Yeah, I saw the infocard earlier this morning. They seem to be back to some kind of normality now.

Couldn't check any Disney Channels because obviously they don't have any here anymore. :D

Couldn't see anything wrong with the Viacom channels here, and it didn't affect Cartoon Network's channels or POP.

Really odd that it affected CBBC but not also CBeebies.
I would have thought they would have been both been affected but i wonder what the difference is? Cbeebies switches to live action continuity in the morning and cbbc doesn't?

Insidus

According to Wiki, Universal TV is closing in Africa by October 2026 like who comes up with this stuff and based on the content from E! I wouldn't be shocked if that was eventually the case.

E! has 1 timeslot to build up its whole 24/7 schedule worst of all it only airs on Sunday. Universal and Telemundo are doing the same thing but it's Monday to Friday.

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Here in Hungary I didn't check any channels yesterday when the endless Windows bluescreening event was going.

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Here in Hungary I didn't check any channels yesterday when the endless Windows bluescreening event was going.
UPDATE: I passed this to the Facebook group's members, only Nat Geo was affected.

The endless Windows bluescreening was caused by a bug on the newest Crowdstrike Falcon Sensor update that contained lots of 0s on one of its codes, making Windows to bluescreen in an endless way and eventually, end up in the recovery screen.

J10

Cosmote and Nova Greece now broadcasts their sports channels and exchanges it together.

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
It seems that Pick might come back with a new look down the line, as a new trademark with a different logo (new font! new shade of purple!) popped out.
Fun fact: did you know that Pick and the AXN subchannels use the same exact font? I don't remember the name of it, but this piece of trivia came from Benzie Johnson's video about Sony AXN's graphics.

Hey Comcast, what about you throw some love to Cielo? That channel is forgotten, swallowed by TV8 (that sits on a more favourable LCN and nowadays gets almost all the shiny stuff that Sky bothers throwing to the people that don't have it).

Last edited:
Reactions: Rrr

RONTV

It seems that Pick might get a rebrand down the line, as a new trademark with a different logo (new font! new shade of purple!) popped out.
Fun fact: did you know that Pick and the AXN subchannels use the same exact font? I don't remember the name of it, but this piece of trivia came from Benzie Johnson's video about Sony AXN's graphics.

Hey Comcast, what about you throw some love to Cielo? That channel is forgotten, swallowed by TV8 (that sits on a more favourable LCN and nowadays gets almost all the shiny stuff that Sky bothers throwing to the people that don't have it).
Sky Mix will revert back to Pick or it will return as new channel?

J10

It seems that Pick might come back with a new look down the line, as a new trademark with a different logo (new font! new shade of purple!) popped out.

Maybe Pick would get revived, by replacing their streaming platform, NOW, or by replacing Sky Replay.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts