"Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire" News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yeah, that's a surprising idea. I would have thought more exploration of Hollow Earth leads to a new menace or one centered on Mothra's progeny hatching - maybe even Battra.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yeah, there's contract between Toho and Legendary is up and supposed to be renegotiated. I guess today's news implies the contract was renewed.

harry580

Yeah, there's contract between Toho and Legendary is up and supposed to be renegotiated. I guess today's news implies the contract was renewed.
I hope the news implies the contract is renewed is true, I want to see more kaiju movies from legendary

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I hope the news implies the contract is renewed is true, I want to see more kaiju movies from legendary
Agreed. There's still some heavy hitters I wouldn't seeing appearing like King Caesar, Gigan, Destroyah, Hidorah, or even Biolantte.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
8/13: In a PR statement from the Australian government, the movie involves this: "The fifth film [in] the MonsterVerse franchise will see Kong defend the Earth from the unusual and dangerous creatures that threaten his new home."

8/25: Principal photography has officially begun.

8/26: More info. Screenwriters are Terry Rossio, Jeremy Slater, and Simon Barrett, producers Mary Parent, Alex Garcia, Eric Mcleod, Brian Rogers, Thomas Tull, and Jon Jashni, with executive producers Josh Grode, Adam Wingard, Jay Ashenfelter, Jen Conroy, Kenji Okuhira and Yoshimitsu Banno. Cast includes Dan Stevens, Fala Chen, Alex Ferns, and Rachel House. Returning cast includes Rebecca Hall, Brian Tyree Henry, and Kaylee Hottle.

Story points include the "sequel pits the almighty Kong and the fearsome Godzilla against a colossal undiscovered threat hidden within our world, challenging their very existence - and our own" and "delve further into the histories of these Titans, their origins and the mysteries of Skull Island and beyond, while uncovering the mythic battle that helped forge these extraordinary beings and tied them to humankind forever."

8/27: Wingard posted a funny little start video.

11/10: Title might be just "Godzilla and Kong" based on wrap gifts.

Last edited:

the greenman

Why not just get the next generation
a927ed1d4401da46533378cf1a94b7b8.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
4/19/23: Title is Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire. Synopsis hints at a "colossal undiscovered threat hidden within our world, challenging their very existence – and our own. The epic new film will delve further into the histories of these Titans, their origins, and the mysteries of Skull Island and beyond, while uncovering the mythic battle that helped forge these extraordinary beings and tied them to humankind forever." Releases on March 15, 2024.

7/25: Getting a tie-in comic prequel Godzilla x Kong: The Hunted releasing on February 27th, 2024. There was also an announcement for a project called "Monarch: Declassified".

8/24: Delayed to April 12, 2024.

9/30: New poster spotted at Toy Fair.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts