"Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire" News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

19MagiswordLane

Anime Superhero's Crooner of Carnage, babe!
The full trailer has dropped online. Introducing mini-Kong!:

As well as the offical poster:

GAc2CeKXkAAThZD.jpg

Last edited:

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Not going to lie: the moment at the end with King Kong and Godzilla teaming up running in unison together likely against some wave of enemies... is like one of the funniest things I've seen all year. I know that's not the intent but that's what makes it funnier to me; the fact that it's supposed to be either treated seriously or as this super cool awesome moment but like... it's just ridiculous but you know what? Ridiculous in a way that does make me want to see the movie to see if it somehow gets even stupider. Admittedly Kong Jr looks like he could be pretty annoying (then again whenever you have a son or kid monster character in one of these films they are always the worst part I don't know why studios keep doing this) but I swear even if the rest of the movie sucks but there's a moment where Godzilla and Kong fight together and give one another the manly nod of respect it will be worth the ticket price alone.

Frontier

Staff member
The full trailer has dropped online. Introducing mini-Kong!:

As well as the offical poster:

View attachment 306104
This feels more like a Kong movie with Godzilla just guest-starring but I guess the last movie had Mechagodzilla so it's only fair :p.

That scene of them running together was pretty hype though :D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts