"He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" CGI Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss this series!

• ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Use this thread to discuss the newest He-Man cartoon, debuting today on Netflix!

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
Debut - September 16, 2021 (on Netflix)

Synopsis: On Eternia, the first planet of creation, a demonic tyrant rises: Skeletor! With dark armies at his command, Skeletor is on the march, hell-bent on capturing Eternia’s kingdoms, and its ultimate prize – Castle Grayskull, the ancient fortress of mystery said to contain the greatest power in the universe. It’s up to He-Man and his brave squad of rookie heroes to stop Skeletor and restore the peace. Both sides come armed with enchanted Power Weapons – transforming them into Masters of the Primal Powers of the Universe. It’s Master vs. Dark Master, He-Man vs. Skeletor – fighting for control of Eternia, Castle Grayskull, and the fate of us all. In the end, who will become Master of the Universe?

The new series is framed as a coming-of-age story with a cast of teens (and one talking tiger) working toward their heroic futures. A fresh CG look brings the fantasy-meets-sci fi world of Eternia under the guiding hand of co-executive producer Jeff Matsuda (The Batman, TMNT) an animation studios House of Cool (Trollhunters) and CGCG (Star Wars: The Clone Wars).

The voice cast features Yuri Lowenthal (He-Man/Adam/Tuvar), David Kaye (Cringer/Battle Cat), Grey Griffin (Evelyn/Evil-Lyn), Antony Del Rio (Duncan/Man-at-Arms), Kimberly Brooks (Teela/Eldress/Sorceress), Trevor Devall (R’Qazz/Beast Man), Judy Alice Lee (Krass/Ram Ma’am), Roger Craig Smith (Kronis/Trap-Jaw/General Dolos), Fred Tatasciore (King Randor/Baddrah), Ben Diskin (Skeletor/Prince Keldor), Tom Kenny (Ork-0/RK Units), Max Mitchell (Kitty) and Max Stubington (Young Adam).

Developed for television by Rob David, the series is also exec produced by Masters of the Universe: Revelation teammates Frederic Soulie, Adam Bonnett and Christopher Keenan, with Matsuda as co-EP and Susan Corbin (Revelation) as producer. Bryan Q. Miller (Arrow, Smallville, Sleepy Hollow) is story editor; writers are Heath Corson, Amanda Deibert, Keely MacDonald, Peter Binswanger, Lila Scott, Matt Drdek, Julie Benson and Shawna Benson.

Comments?
Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Related links
:
"He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" (Netflix CGI Animated Series) News & Discussion

"Masters of the Universe: Revelation" (Netflix) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)
"Masters of the Universe: Revelation" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Netflix's "She-Ra" News & Discussion Thread
"She-Ra and the Princesses of Power" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Mandouga

So, I saw all 10 episodes, and it’s like this:

I think they meant well, and had good intentions. To be exact, I think they were honestly trying to do an alternate retelling while also staying true to the spirit of the franchise. While the show is watchable, it still has problems. In some parts, it felt like a He-Man show, in others it felt like it was one in name only. It seemed like they were trying to consider people who had seen previous versions, and those who are only just starting learn about the franchise, but without going all “Friendship is Magic” on everyone. I mean, I felt there were times where it didn’t seem to know whether or not it wanted to shove the “characters with flawed personalities” idea down everyone’s throats (as other recent action shows have done). Like, take King Randor. It felt like he was only written the way he was in was in order to set up what I felt was a forced conflict between him and Adam, and all in order to show that while they were both right, Randor was the one being (slightly) unreasonable, but ultimately Adam had to do the right thing despite that.

I also don’t like the name “Ram Ma’am”. I think with this, they were trying too hard to be politically correct. I’m also not really a fan of Teela (already) being a sorceress (note however that “The” Sorceress is still a separate character).

All in all, it was alright, but in my opinion, they need to make improvements for the next batch of episodes…which may or may not come, just saying. On this note, it ends with the worst possible kind of cliffhanger:

Castle Grayskull, along with Adam, Duncan, Cringer, and Krass going to who-knows-where just as Skeletor is about to conquer Eternos, and possibly the rest of Eternia.

In any event, it doesn’t really feel like a full season to me, just a single story arc. To be honest, though, I still don’t know. Personally, I’ve been disappointed before (when it comes to both action shows, and remakes, I mean). You know how they say first impressions aren’t always correct? It works both ways. Still, I want to believe. Assuming there are more episodes, we’ll all just have to see what happens next…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
I can tell this show was written by Bryan Q. Miller because of how quippy and sassy everyone is. And I can totally tell Jeff Matsuda helped with the character designs looking at the physiques and the anime-esque art design. Also did he do the art for what was effectively the next episode previews at the end of every episode? If so, those were pretty cool :cool:.

Okay, they're trying to make "Eternos" happen because I guess the kingdom being named after the whole world doesn't quite make sense. It still felt weird every time somebody said "Eternos" :sweat:.

Yuri Lowenthal is a go-to for kid hero and upright protagonists so no surprise he ends up fitting Adam/He-Man like a glove. I would only say that I feel that he could've gone for a deeper voice for He-Man compared to Adam to mark the change in form more. Like his He-Man isn't as high-pitched as his Adam but it's not as pronounced a difference as, say, Cam Clarke's Adam and He-Man voices were. Also why is Adam the only one who visibly ages so much when he transforms? Is it because he's the main one channeling the Power of Greyskull? Or he's the chosen champion? Teela's the only one who arguably seems to maybe age a little, so maybe the idea is that the age-ups for the rest of the team is just less pronounced compared to He-Man o_O.

On the topic of the Power of Greyskull, obviously the main selling point and difference with this reboot is now the rest of the Masters get a share of the Power of Greyskull and get their own transformations and powers. They even all get to say the "I have the Power" line or "We have the Power" line. Like outside the Opening Theme I think Adam only does the traditional full line maybe 3-4 times the whole season. I understand on some level wanting things to be somewhat equal with the whole team and to try to sell more toys by giving everybody what is so marketable about He-Man (even the villains), and on a personal level I know how cool that line is to say, but it felt like it just took away some of He-Man's uniqueness to the point where even his catchphrase and big transformation scene has to be shared now. I mean, at least he's still clearly the main character and they make it apparent he's definitely the strongest out of all of them, but the dynamic with the Masters here wasn't something I absolutely loved :(.

Adam and Adora can't actually be in the same cartoon together anymore, but Adam can apparently get Adora's backstory of not knowing his true heritage or the fact that he's royalty until destiny comes to him. Of course then he grapples with being a prince and whether he wants the title (because I guess we can't have a character unironically want to be a prince) or his family when he finds out the truth...on-top of the He-Man stuff :eek:.

I wonder, if you didn't know ahead of time, if anyone would assumed that kitten Adam was saving at the beginning was actually Cringer. I almost think it would've been cool if they took a little kitten and had it turn into Battle Cat ;).

Speaking of Cringer...making his name an ironic one he got because he refused to fight his fellow tigers when forced to into an arena doesn't really hold up as well when it has nothing to do with his personality outside of that, or make for much of a contrast when he transforms into Battle Cat. I guess they say he feels "less classy" with the Power of Grayskull, implying it makes him a little more savage still...but I kind of missed the real transformation :(.

Cringer being Adam's adopted dad was an interesting twist, but it didn't feel like they did enough with it. Adam and Cringer honestly didn't feel as close here as they usually do. Like even in the episode where it seems like they're going to focus on their relationship, it just becomes about Cringer's backstory and Adam and Krass's conflict even though it ends with Cringer sticking by Adam in the end. Hey, at least we got He-Man riding Battle Cat into battle in the final episode :cool:.

They really leaned hard into Teela's connection to the Sorceress here (and they label her as half-witch, so I guess the Sorceress is still potentially her mother? She definitely felt motherly towards Teela here at times), right down to having her actually transform into a more traditional looking Sorceress than Eldress does in her kind of skimpy outfit. I kind of get it from a story perspective, but I personally prefer Teela as her own unique individual than to be so associated with the Sorceress like this down to her abilities or to the point where we have two Sorceresses. But I guess Krass had the warrior girl angle covered in the group dynamic. I did appreciate that her base look still had the white and yellow color scheme. And once again Kimberly Brooks is the female lead in a 80's cartoon reboot :D.

Teela is more often than not Adam's tough best friend but here that goes to Krass...a gender-flipped Ram-Man. And I guess it was an effective gender-flip because her personality was still pretty Ram-Man and unchanged even when they changed the gender of the character, and her first though still is to generally ram stuff. Of course we call her Ram-Ma'am (which was kind of halfheartedly justified) but the way they said it kept sounding like Ram-Man to me still :rolleyes2:.

Although they sure did tease Adam and Teela's relationship a lot in the first few intial episodes, although in the second half Teela seemed to get more screentime with Duncan despite excising their traditional relationship :oops:.

I really couldn't take this version of Duncan seriously. They take He-Man's mentor, Teela's adopted dad, and one of the most prolific of cool old guys in 80's cartoons...and then make him the dorky, awkward, tech guy you always see in these shows. And he starts out working with the villains too. Honestly it feels like they swapped personalities and roles between him and Cringer here. And even his Man-at-Arms suit felt a little excessive to me. I like Antony Del Rio but this just didn't do it for me :confused:.

Kind of not sure how we're supposed to feel about King Randor here. They make it out initially that he's a bad king furthering class divide in the kingdom but then it turns out he's really caring and righteous, if rigid? Maybe losing his son to his brother just made it harder for him to rule. Although what happened to Marlena/Adam's mother? We see her in the family portrait but they never address what happened to her :ack:.

Ork-O is basically Orko if he were a robot, with a dash of Roboto since Duncan fixes him up. Tom Kenny does a perfect job playing him. Surprisingly for someone known to be in He-Man's inner circle, Adam is the only one of the Masters who Ork-O doesn't really interact with at all this season. I also wonder how bad the original Orko was if the one difference between the robot version and him is that the robot version has a heart. So what does that say about the version that was actually alive o_O?

A standing ovation for Ben Diskin as Keldor/Skeletor everybody. Both roles and voices are so out of the norm for his usual typecast or vocal role and he does such a phenomenal job. How he goes from the cool, collected, yet vengeful and sarcastic Keldor to the manic, crazy, hammy, and vicious Skeletor we all know and love was fantastic. They also finally mine Keldor being Adam's uncle for actual story beats. I also loved how after transforming into Skeletor he henceforth only refers to Adam as He-Man :proud:.

It is kind of ironic that once Keldor transforms into Skeletor...he stops caring about Castle Greyksull, which is a sharp contrast to practically every other version of Skeletor. Although it did turn out pretty well for him here, as once again at the end of a He-Man cartoon on Netflix, Skeletor basically wins :eek:.

Stock footage! Not only do all the heroes get transformation sequences we see almost every episode, but so do the villains when they finally get their Dark Masters forms. Not only that but everybody gets their own special attack move with a name and everything, complete with more stock footage. I guess I'm just glad they didn't abuse the stock footage as much as they could have :rolleyes:.

That shadow version of Cringer that Evilyn summoned made me think of Panthor. And then Skeletor demanded his own Battle Cat. Someone get this man his purple panther :D.

All those mentions of the ancient snakes and how dangerous they were is totally setting up the Snake-Men to become free and become the antagonists once Skeletor is defeated. Like come the end of season 2 I would bet you it ends on a cliffhanger of King Hiss and the Snake-Men being released :evil:.

They mention Stratos and Mer-Man's realms, making me wonder if we'll see them turn up. I'm half-expecting Castle Greyskull to end up in Avion come the beginning of next season. Although with Teela able to fly, I guess that kind of makes Stratos redundant :(.

"Oh what a world!" Random movie reference is random :oops:.

Okay, just going to casually mention that Krass has used her dad's helmet to go to the bathroom before. I think that's a first for a kids cartoon...

Is that brainwashed general going to get transformed into Tri-Klops? I only ask because of his prominence and the fact that his helmet had a mono-eye going on with green coloring when he got brainwashed. Of course the same was true for all those soldiers. Although I guess they made Trap-Jaw Skeletor's tech guy so Tri-Klops might seem redundant :mad:.

Teela being able to teleport anywhere she can think of...seems pretty darn overpowered. Wanna bet that will be her most forgotten power :rolleyes2:?

StellaMagic

I can tell this show was written by Bryan Q. Miller because of how quippy and sassy everyone is. And I can totally tell Jeff Matsuda helped with the character designs looking at the physiques and the anime-esque art design. Also did he do the art for what was effectively the next episode previews at the end of every episode? If so, those were pretty cool :cool:.

Okay, they're trying to make "Eternos" happen because I guess the kingdom being named after the whole world doesn't quite make sense. It still felt weird every time somebody said "Eternos" :sweat:.

Yuri Lowenthal is a go-to for kid hero and upright protagonists so no surprise he ends up fitting Adam/He-Man like a glove. I would only say that I feel that he could've gone for a deeper voice for He-Man compared to Adam to mark the change in form more. Like his He-Man isn't as high-pitched as his Adam but it's not as pronounced a difference as, say, Cam Clarke's Adam and He-Man voices were. Also why is Adam the only one who visibly ages so much when he transforms? Is it because he's the main one channeling the Power of Greyskull? Or he's the chosen champion? Teela's the only one who arguably seems to maybe age a little, so maybe the idea is that the age-ups for the rest of the team is just less pronounced compared to He-Man o_O.

On the topic of the Power of Greyskull, obviously the main selling point and difference with this reboot is now the rest of the Masters get a share of the Power of Greyskull and get their own transformations and powers. They even all get to say the "I have the Power" line or "We have the Power" line. Like outside the Opening Theme I think Adam only does the traditional full line maybe 3-4 times the whole season. I understand on some level wanting things to be somewhat equal with the whole team and to try to sell more toys by giving everybody what is so marketable about He-Man (even the villains), and on a personal level I know how cool that line is to say, but it felt like it just took away some of He-Man's uniqueness to the point where even his catchphrase and big transformation scene has to be shared now. I mean, at least he's still clearly the main character and they make it apparent he's definitely the strongest out of all of them, but the dynamic with the Masters here wasn't something I absolutely loved :(.

Adam and Adora can't actually be in the same cartoon together anymore, but Adam can apparently get Adora's backstory of not knowing his true heritage or the fact that he's royalty until destiny comes to him. Of course then he grapples with being a prince and whether he wants the title (because I guess we can't have a character unironically want to be a prince) or his family when he finds out the truth...on-top of the He-Man stuff :eek:.

I wonder, if you didn't know ahead of time, if anyone would assumed that kitten Adam was saving at the beginning was actually Cringer. I almost think it would've been cool if they took a little kitten and had it turn into Battle Cat ;).

Speaking of Cringer...making his name an ironic one he got because he refused to fight his fellow tigers when forced to into an arena doesn't really hold up as well when it has nothing to do with his personality outside of that, or make for much of a contrast when he transforms into Battle Cat. I guess they say he feels "less classy" with the Power of Grayskull, implying it makes him a little more savage still...but I kind of missed the real transformation :(.

Cringer being Adam's adopted dad was an interesting twist, but it didn't feel like they did enough with it. Adam and Cringer honestly didn't feel as close here as they usually do. Like even in the episode where it seems like they're going to focus on their relationship, it just becomes about Cringer's backstory and Adam and Krass's conflict even though it ends with Cringer sticking by Adam in the end. Hey, at least we got He-Man riding Battle Cat into battle in the final episode :cool:.

They really leaned hard into Teela's connection to the Sorceress here (and they label her as half-witch, so I guess the Sorceress is still potentially her mother? She definitely felt motherly towards Teela here at times), right down to having her actually transform into a more traditional looking Sorceress than Eldress does in her kind of skimpy outfit. I kind of get it from a story perspective, but I personally prefer Teela as her own unique individual than to be so associated with the Sorceress like this down to her abilities or to the point where we have two Sorceresses. But I guess Krass had the warrior girl angle covered in the group dynamic. I did appreciate that her base look still had the white and yellow color scheme. And once again Kimberly Brooks is the female lead in a 80's cartoon reboot :D.

Teela is more often than not Adam's tough best friend but here that goes to Krass...a gender-flipped Ram-Man. And I guess it was an effective gender-flip because her personality was still pretty Ram-Man and unchanged even when they changed the gender of the character, and her first though still is to generally ram stuff. Of course we call her Ram-Ma'am (which was kind of halfheartedly justified) but the way they said it kept sounding like Ram-Man to me still :rolleyes2:.

Although they sure did tease Adam and Teela's relationship a lot in the first few intial episodes, although in the second half Teela seemed to get more screentime with Duncan despite excising their traditional relationship :oops:.

I really couldn't take this version of Duncan seriously. They take He-Man's mentor, Teela's adopted dad, and one of the most prolific of cool old guys in 80's cartoons...and then make him the dorky, awkward, tech guy you always see in these shows. And he starts out working with the villains too. Honestly it feels like they swapped personalities and roles between him and Cringer here. And even his Man-at-Arms suit felt a little excessive to me. I like Antony Del Rio but this just didn't do it for me :confused:.

Kind of not sure how we're supposed to feel about King Randor here. They make it out initially that he's a bad king furthering class divide in the kingdom but then it turns out he's really caring and righteous, if rigid? Maybe losing his son to his brother just made it harder for him to rule. Although what happened to Marlena/Adam's mother? We see her in the family portrait but they never address what happened to her :ack:.

Ork-O is basically Orko if he were a robot, with a dash of Roboto since Duncan fixes him up. Tom Kenny does a perfect job playing him. Surprisingly for someone known to be in He-Man's inner circle, Adam is the only one of the Masters who Ork-O doesn't really interact with at all this season. I also wonder how bad the original Orko was if the one difference between the robot version and him is that the robot version has a heart. So what does that say about the version that was actually alive o_O?

A standing ovation for Ben Diskin as Keldor/Skeletor everybody. Both roles and voices are so out of the norm for his usual typecast or vocal role and he does such a phenomenal job. How he goes from the cool, collected, yet vengeful and sarcastic Keldor to the manic, crazy, hammy, and vicious Skeletor we all know and love was fantastic. They also finally mine Keldor being Adam's uncle for actual story beats. I also loved how after transforming into Skeletor he henceforth only refers to Adam as He-Man :proud:.

It is kind of ironic that once Keldor transforms into Skeletor...he stops caring about Castle Greyksull, which is a sharp contrast to practically every other version of Skeletor. Although it did turn out pretty well for him here, as once again at the end of a He-Man cartoon on Netflix, Skeletor basically wins :eek:.

Stock footage! Not only do all the heroes get transformation sequences we see almost every episode, but so do the villains when they finally get their Dark Masters forms. Not only that but everybody gets their own special attack move with a name and everything, complete with more stock footage. I guess I'm just glad they didn't abuse the stock footage as much as they could have :rolleyes:.

That shadow version of Cringer that Evilyn summoned made me think of Panthor. And then Skeletor demanded his own Battle Cat. Someone get this man his purple panther :D.

All those mentions of the ancient snakes and how dangerous they were is totally setting up the Snake-Men to become free and become the antagonists once Skeletor is defeated. Like come the end of season 2 I would bet you it ends on a cliffhanger of King Hiss and the Snake-Men being released :evil:.

They mention Stratos and Mer-Man's realms, making me wonder if we'll see them turn up. I'm half-expecting Castle Greyskull to end up in Avion come the beginning of next season. Although with Teela able to fly, I guess that kind of makes Stratos redundant :(.

"Oh what a world!" Random movie reference is random :oops:.

Okay, just going to casually mention that Krass has used her dad's helmet to go to the bathroom before. I think that's a first for a kids cartoon...

Is that brainwashed general going to get transformed into Tri-Klops? I only ask because of his prominence and the fact that his helmet had a mono-eye going on with green coloring when he got brainwashed. Of course the same was true for all those soldiers. Although I guess they made Trap-Jaw Skeletor's tech guy so Tri-Klops might seem redundant :mad:.

Teela being able to teleport anywhere she can think of...seems pretty darn overpowered. Wanna bet that will be her most forgotten power :rolleyes2:?
All that mention of the Snakemen sounds like a foreshadowing.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
You could rewind the calendar a decade from today and this show would fit right at home with what used to be the action toon norm. I enjoyed this that much. All the characters fit like a glove to those familiar archetypes and their dynamic with each other was fairly engaging. Going the lost prince raised in the wild route seems like that should've been a thing at some point in the lore to explain He-Man's traditional look & having a pet tiger. Not to mention he swings on vines now. Since they got to really develop the Tiger tribe side of things, I do hope a future season gets to delve deeper into Teela & Duncan - as rather obvious what Teela's backstory may be.
Speaking of Cringer...making his name an ironic one he got because he refused to fight his fellow tigers when forced to into an arena doesn't really hold up as well when it has nothing to do with his personality outside of that, or make for much of a contrast when he transforms into Battle Cat.
I love everything about this Cringer. Ever since then, he has to remind others of his overcompensation and being as protective as he can be despite the name, lack of claws, & scars being a constant reminder of that shame.

Mandouga

I did mention that this show has the worst possible cliffhanger ending, but to me it didn’t feel like Skeletor “won” per se. Don’t forget that Teela and Ork-0 are still there. In any case, while it does look bad, you know it won’t stick. As for Queen Marlena, I believe the idea is that if we want to know what happened to her, we need to wait for the next batch of episodes; you know, the ones that may or may not ever come…

So it seems that a few people are having issues with this version. All of a sudden there are…inaccuracies. OTOH, it didn’t necessarily feel like Mattel Television* and/or the writers just did whatever thinking no one would know the difference. It doesn’t constantly lampshade or parody itself or the franchise, and it isn’t overly dramatic or constantly focusing on the negative, although on that note, there were a few times where it felt like they weren’t sure whether they wanted to stay true to the spirit of the franchise and it’s legacy, or make it the deconstruction (I understand) the…other new show is. Make no mistake, though. They knew there would be people—no matter how old they are—who have seen previous versions, and others who have never seen a He-Man series before, so they tried their best to consider both; you know, instead of assuming that “only” one or the other would be watching, and it’s something I can appreciate.

*previously Mattel Creations, and before that, Mattel Entertainment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
You could rewind the calendar a decade from today and this show would fit right at home with what used to be the action toon norm. I enjoyed this that much. All the characters fit like a glove to those familiar archetypes and their dynamic with each other was fairly engaging. Going the lost prince raised in the wild route seems like that should've been a thing at some point in the lore to explain He-Man's traditional look & having a pet tiger. Not to mention he swings on vines now. Since they got to really develop the Tiger tribe side of things, I do hope a future season gets to delve deeper into Teela & Duncan - as rather obvious what Teela's backstory may be.
Which is kind of ironic now that He-Man wears a shirt and pants and Cringer isn't his pet anymore :p.

I feel like they didn't really develop the Tiger Tribe much beyond the initial episodes, but hopefully we'll get more world-building in the second season :).
I love everything about this Cringer. Ever since then, he has to remind others of his overcompensation and being as protective as he can be despite the name, lack of claws, & scars being a constant reminder of that shame.
Man-at-Arms if he were a tiger ;).

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
I feel like they didn't really develop the Tiger Tribe much beyond the initial episodes, but hopefully we'll get more world-building in the second season :).
In terms of getting an understanding of what & where he & Crass grew up, I thought that was sufficient. There are likely more named tribesman, tigers, poachers, & jungle enemies like R'Qazz to devote episodes to. There are also certainly more worlds to build, but I did enjoy the diversity thus far between the magic lairs, the technocratic kingdom, and nature.
They definitely went with Duncan being the "Sokka"-type to tie in to this version of Ork-O and to contrast with former mentor, Cronis.

Frontier

Staff member
In terms of getting an understanding of what & where he & Crass grew up, I thought that was sufficient. There are likely more named tribesman, tigers, poachers, & jungle enemies like R'Qazz to devote episodes to. There are also certainly more worlds to build, but I did enjoy the diversity thus far between the magic lairs, the technocratic kingdom, and nature.
True, although I was expecting they'd go back quicker than they did after settling into Castlye Greyskull...
They definitely went with Duncan being the "Sokka"-type to tie in to this version of Ork-O and to contrast with former mentor, Cronis.
I guess every show needs one these days :rolleyes2:.

Dragnatek

Which is kind of ironic now that He-Man wears a shirt and pants and Cringer isn't his pet anymore :p.

Yeah it was weird that they gave Cringer the personality of older cartoons versions of Man-At -Arms and made Duncan more of a younger character.

Now while Tri-Klops was Skeletor's tech guy in the 2003 series, in the Filmation series he was just a warrior, and not a very smart one at at. So They can give him a different role since Trap-Jaw seems to be the tech guy here.

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I have to say that I was quite impressed with this and I look forward to the forthcoming second season. I'm glad I made the decision to see this instead of Revelation though my decision on not seeing Revelation had nothing to do with Smith's comments as it was to do with its status as a spiritual sequel to the original, which meant that I would have to watch the original before watching Revelation and I didn't want to do that.

StellaMagic

This is my prediction for Season 2:

-Castle Greyskull travels to a kingdom outside of Eternos called Aviarius, home of bird men where they meet Stratos.

-Adam and the masters will set out to unite other kingdoms while Skeletor finds more dark masters and tries to destroy them.

-King Randor and Teela will form a resistance movement as Randor tries to regain the trust of his subjects.

-Evil-Lyn, along with some new Dark Masters, uncovers secrets of Snake Mountain courtesy of a mysterious voice who promised her power.

-More of the Masters' past and Eternia's history will be uncovered.

-In the end, the Snake Men will be free.

Frontier

Staff member
This is my prediction for Season 2:

-Castle Greyskull travels to a kingdom outside of Eternos called Aviarius, home of bird men where they meet Stratos.

-Adam and the masters will set out to unite other kingdoms while Skeletor finds more dark masters and tries to destroy them.

-King Randor and Teela will form a resistance movement as Randor tries to regain the trust of his subjects.

-Evil-Lyn, along with some new Dark Masters, uncovers secrets of Snake Mountain courtesy of a mysterious voice who promised her power.

-More of the Masters' past and Eternia's history will be uncovered.

-In the end, the Snake Men will be free.
I hope we do get more heroes and villains in the next season...although that would mean more character models, so not sure how practical that is :sweat:.

At the very least I think the Dark Masters should get one more person to match with Ram-Ma'am.

Dragnatek

I hope we do get more heroes and villains in the next season...although that would mean more character models, so not sure how practical that is :sweat:.

At the very least I think the Dark Masters should get one more person to match with Ram-Ma'am.
Clawful maybe. Just as long as he's not as dumb as his 2002 version.

StellaMagic

What if they already did models for season 2? Besides, there weren't that many in the shows.

Dragnatek

In addition to the references others already mentioned, you know those two bickering guards with Randor. Well they have names. Tuvar and Baddrah. You know what that means? Is Skeletor going to use havok and merge them together?

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
In addition to the references others already mentioned you know those two bickering guards with Randor. Well they have names. Tuvar and Baddrah. You know what that means? Is Skeletor going to use havok and merge them together?
I can totally imagine Skeletor getting so annoyed with them that he just transforms them into Two-Bad out of spite...

Pooky

Staff member
I've watched the first two episodes. It's very well executed but pretty 2021 generic IMO. If I were about 9 I would probably love it, if I were watching it in a world where it came out once a week and it didn't have to compete for attention with half of all entertainment media from past and present I would probably keep going, and if I were more invested in MOTU as a whole I would probably have a stronger reaction of some kind, but here and now I'm happy to call it a well done show I'm not drawn to enough to keep watching. I'd quite like to see Tom Kenny's Orko some time, but that's about it.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts