"Imprisoned" TV shows

FirePuppy

What shows can you think of that are "imprisoned" by their own networks? In other words, these shows are still owned by their respective networks today and only they have the rights to them, but those networks are not even airing them or distributing them anywhere whatsoever, nor are they allowing any other services to stream or broadcast them either.

Examples include My Little Pony: Pony Life, Hanazuki, and as of this month, all the Equestria Girls movies and specials, all on Discovery Family, and of course, the Disney animated series "Buzz Lightyear of Star Command".

Stumpos

I thought the Equestria Girls movies were on KiDoodle.tv right now and they're on the official MLP YouTube channel. Not exactly imprisoned.

Pony Life's on iTunes and Amazon Prime too, so it's easy to watch there too.

I think this page covers that list here:

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Boulder Media's Micronauts series was written off by Hasbro before any official release. The show was finished.

FirePuppy

I thought the Equestria Girls movies were on KiDoodle.tv right now and they're on the official MLP YouTube channel. Not exactly imprisoned.

Pony Life's on iTunes and Amazon Prime too, so it's easy to watch there too.

I think this page covers that list here:
Neither of those count. They have to be from a major streaming service, where you do  not have to buy and own them to see them.

Stumpos

Neither of those count. They have to be from a major streaming service, where you do  not have to buy and own them to see them.
I'm confused though. You still have to pay money for Netflix, Disney Plus, Paramount Plus, and Max subscriptions anyway so how's that different from paying for iTunes and Amazon Prime.

The fact they're on iTunes or Amazon Prime is still better than flat out having no legal way to see it at all. And that still doesn't make KiDoodle.TV and YouTube less valid since they're actually free (meaning even easier to access).

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Infinity Train, Final Space and Close Enough - Removed from HBO Max as a tax write-off.

Alladin: The Series, Mickey Mouse Works and House of Mouse - Not on Disney+ (no reason given and no home video releases).

FirePuppy said:

The shows aren't "imprisoned" if there's still some way to watch them. You just don't want to pay for them. The shows listed above can't be viewed anywhere, except for Close Enough, which is on Prime Video, but behind a paywall.

It's your own choice if you don't want to buy a DVD set of MLP, but don't claim that MLP is imprisoned just because there's no way for you to watch it for free. It if truly meant something to you, you would do whatever you needed to do in order to enjoy it. At least with physical media, you pay for it once, then you own it.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts