International Disney Networks Thread Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moleoman

Disney Channel Scandinavia still had pan-Scandinavian text on promos on the Scandinavia/Baltics feed in early 2009:

On the MEA/Poland/Turkey subfeed the text in the same promos is absent:

Reactions: Rrr

MagiaDiWinx

Disney Channel Scandinavia still had pan-Scandinavian text on promos on the Scandinavia/Baltics feed in early 2009:

There’s also this where for some reason, they aired the Pippi Longstocking cartoon from 1997 with Swedish localisation (I know the franchise is Swedish, so I think Disney got the masters from a Swedish distributor) when as far as I know, every other show they aired had the text left in English apart from dubbing credits at the end. Did they start localising in shows when they added subfeeds within Scandinavia around 2012?

Rrr

Indeed, also on Toon Disney Scandi there were Scandinavian text in promos (with MTOTFLS squares)
vlcsnap-2024-02-16-19h20m22s001.png
vlcsnap-2023-12-27-18h09m40s875.png

Did they start localising in shows when they added subfeeds within Scandinavia around 2012?
No, the Scandinavian feed has never localised text
vlcsnap-2024-02-24-11h54m47s367.png

MagiaDiWinx

No, the Scandinavian feed has never localised text
vlcsnap-2024-02-24-11h54m47s367.png
Except dubbing credits. And that time where they did, but again, I think that was a one-off thing due to it being a partly-Swedish show based on a Swedish book that Disney therefore most likely sourced from a Swedish distributor. And of course that localisation only applied to ONE language and went out in Swedish everywhere. You know what I’m saying?

Public channels did in fact localise Disney shows, such as Phineas and Ferb etc but I think that didn’t come from DC Scandinavia (ie they didn’t make localised copies to sell to other channels).

MagiaDiWinx

Sorry for the double post…I know I’ll Always Remember You from Hannah Montana aired if not 7 November 2010 then the week after on nearly every Disney Channel in the world. Did this happen with any other show?

Markus Nelis

For some reason 44 Cats is airing now on Disney Channel EMEA which actually wasn't supposed to be on the channel and it was never planned to be on a schedule. Unless this is some soft launch of the new Disney Channel Nordic. I will keep you updated but for the last few hours shows air which aren't even supposed to air at those timeslots. It's been otherwise normal programming but they air at the wrong time. Normal programming but 44 Cats so far is a surprise.

ProtoGentIsDead

Your average Toon Disney and Pixar fan
For some reason 44 Cats is airing now on Disney Channel EMEA which actually wasn't supposed to be on the channel and it was never planned to be on a schedule. Unless this is some soft launch of the new Disney Channel Nordic. I will keep you updated but for the last few hours shows air which aren't even supposed to air at those timeslots. It's been otherwise normal programming but they air at the wrong time. Normal programming but 44 Cats so far is a surprise.
What the?! Did Nickelodeon just lost broadcast rights?

Rrr

Yes, all that you mentioned sounds like a really strange mess :p

Especially since as has been said above I don’t even think they have the rights to air it (but I’m not 100% sure), if it played only for short time maybe it could have been a weird form for error.

The thing with the timeslots also really seems odd, thanks for taking note of all this.

Markus Nelis

Disney Channel still airs shows that aren't supposed to be scheduled. Bluey and Firebuds have aired so far. A lot of the programming seens to be preschool content. Disney Channel's logo is also missing. I think I've never seen an error last for over 10 hours.

Markus Nelis

Wow... maybe they are testing the new Nordic feed with Disney Junior merged as you said, since theres a lot of preschool shows (but if so that's a VERY long test lol)
I'm still not sure whether this really is Nordic test or not. I'm waiting for the answer from Insidus in Africa to confirm whether they have the same thing or not.

Rrr

I'm still not sure whether this really is Nordic test or not. I'm waiting for the answer from Insidus in Africa to confirm whether they have the same thing or not.
Yes, I thought something similar too; it would be quite interesting if the other countries which get the feed also has this weird thing going on. If this simply is an error it would really seem that the DC EMEA’s management need to step up their game a bit, such an error can’t be going on for so long!! :p

Markus Nelis

Yes, I thought something similar too; it would be quite interesting if the other countries which get the feed also has this weird thing going on. If this simply is an error it would really seem that the DC EMEA’s management need to step up their game a bit, such an error can’t be going on for so long!! :p
The channel is on autopilot anyway so it may take a while for them to fix this. Schedule has changed pretty often but the channel's on air stuff for the most part seems to be part of the autopilot. Again, this might actually be a soft relaunch of DC Scandinavia to do testing but I think it's a little too early. Unless it only lasts until today when they switch back to DC EMEA. So many questions here. I'm still waiting for an answer from the African viewer.

EDIT: Mickey Mouse Funhouse just aired, Bluey starts now. Another EDIT: SuperKitties is on now. Now I'm not sure if they're airing preschool all day. Last night they had Miraculous in the mix. I think I'm going to watch this channel all day because there's just so many things happening.

Last edited:

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Sorry for the double post…I know I’ll Always Remember You from Hannah Montana aired if not 7 November 2010 then the week after on nearly every Disney Channel in the world. Did this happen with any other show?
Outside of Hannah Montana, I don't remember the similar case of other shows.

Maybe DC EMEA bought the licence to air this show here and simply they didn't have time to make a TV promo.

Markus Nelis

Maybe DC EMEA bought the licence to air this show here and simply they didn't have time to make a TV promo.
It wasn't listed on the schedule. This is some kind of an error since DC EMEA doesn't air preschool shows. Like I said, DC Scandi may have bought the licence but I'm not quite sure which feed I currently receive. It's likely DC EMEA still imo. 44 Cats hasn't aired at all after airing one last night. All the other shows are on loop with same episodes but 44 Cats isn't part of it anymore.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
It wasn't listed on the schedule. This is some kind of an error since DC EMEA doesn't air preschool shows. Like I said, DC Scandi may have bought the licence but I'm not quite sure which feed I currently receive. It's likely DC EMEA still imo. 44 Cats hasn't aired at all after airing one last night. All the other shows are on loop with same episodes but 44 Cats isn't part of it anymore.
Well, that's surprising, even for me.

Markus Nelis

Shows seem to be on loop now. Bluey, Mickey Mouse Funhouse and SuperKitties have aired on loop for many hours now. If something else gets added, I will update. I will just say this, outside of Boomerang randomly using the old look on broadcast as an error, this is the most random error of all time. It's kind of fun but at the same time it's just weird. Yesterday everything was perfect.

EDIT: Miraculous airs at 11:55 CET.

Last edited:

Markus Nelis

Bunk'd airs right now. Another show that hasn't been on DC EMEA for over a month. This is very DC Scandinavia-ish schedulling. I'm still so freaking confused on what feed Nordics get at the moment.

Francisque

Disney Channel still airs shows that aren't supposed to be scheduled. Bluey and Firebuds have aired so far. A lot of the programming seens to be preschool content. Disney Channel's logo is also missing. I think I've never seen an error last for over 10 hours.
Maybe they're splitting technically (hence the screw-ups) today the feeds while keeping the same schedule as EMEA until the end of March, so they can have break differences where they can inform viewers about the change and so on, plus having relevant promo times for a Scandinavian audience while they approach the end of March and they need to have Nordic-relevant promos while EMEA can keep "normal" breaks.

Maybe, just a thought

Rrr

I dont have the channel anymore since the Nordic provider Allente removed all Disney channels from their offer last year; are the promos and so on the same as the EMEA ones as usual?

Indeed, some comments from anyone who also recieves the feed in the other countries would clear things up a bit, because it really seems like DC Scandi relaunched (or is testing their relaunch) earlier than expected, i dont really know what to believe now :D

edit: I was writing this while Fransicque wrote his post, i didnt see it; the thought does seem reasonable for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts