International Disney Networks Thread Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francisque

This can only be technical issues (likely due to a playout change gearing up for April) nothing else.

I know how broadcasting works more or less, I pretty much doubt they want to alienate everyone by having a strange schedule like that with 3 looped promo in-between, that would mean loss of money too.

I'm just questioning why they're not giving an explanation or something ...let's google something to find out more

Reactions: Rrr

Markus Nelis

I hope that live TV services notice this and put DC EMEA back on. I already contacted my provider and they said it's a technical issue and they can't do anything but to wait until other companies realize the same situation about the test broadcast. At this point this might be an accident. The way they don't seem to care makes me think even the people who do this testing may not realize that the test is public somehow.

EDIT: Spidey and Friends added to the looping.

Last edited:

MagiaDiWinx

Something similar happened in the UK in the 2000s. They experimented with 24/7 broadcasting, but didn’t list it on the EPG and had no proper schedule, just random shows.

Reactions: Rrr

Francisque

Something similar happened in the UK in the 2000s. They experimented with 24/7 broadcasting, but didn’t list it on the EPG and had no proper schedule, just random shows.
But it was at midnight, next to no viewership

BTW Shame they hadn't stuck to a round the clock schedule! They only had decided to do that much much later (2016 or something)

Here Disney Channel has always been a round the clock channel, as most other Disney channels in EMEA and beyond were!
Even Toon Disney UK had always been 24/7, for some reasons; but Cinemagic UK was 6-24, which makes sense, given the content (Cinemagic France was 6-1)

Rrr

I still dont understand how some years ago here, it was decided to give Disney Junior closedown to 00.00, but Disney XD still had to close 22:00…

Francisque

I still dont understand how some years ago here, it was decided to give Disney Junior closedown to 00.00, but Disney XD still had to close 22:00…
This stuff makes absolutely no sense, indeed

BTW: one can see the differences between southern European countries (Inc. France) and northern European countries.
Here most channels run and have always run 24/7, even many kids channels rarely had "off" hours; and mostly after midnight

Some entertainment did (now much less) but mostly for 1-2 hours at around 3-4-5am: in the UK, for instance, ITV shuts down at or around midnight, especially on weekdays, as often BBC One does too, while here, while there's obviously less viewership at 12am, channels start with repeats at least at 1am-2am
So, a channel going to teleshopping at midnight would be unthinkable

Going back in the very early years of DC Italy, there also were likely some "off hours" at around midnight; but if I remember correctly, they also had a "Disney Magic" block with fairytales and a lot of odd stuff from Disney movie classics: I have vague memories from it, probably taken from some Vault Disney archives

Markus Nelis

Big City Greens airs for the first time now during this testing broadcast. It's the very first episode. This is one of those situations DC EMEA refuses to air old episodes and only go with airing the same modern episodes multiple times a day. This is the first reason why I think DC Scandinavia will feel more alive.

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
Big City Greens airs for the first time now during this testing broadcast. It's the very first episode. This is one of those situations DC EMEA refuses to air old episodes and only go with airing the same modern episodes multiple times a day. This is the first reason why I think DC Scandinavia will feel more alive.
So far, everything (I've seen at least) were airings of the very first episodes. Makes sense, a new playout wouldn't start in the middle of something.
BTW, a Norwegian friend told me the switch happened yesterday at around 10/11 CET.

Meanwhile, I've seen the Pupstruction promo airing up to 7 times looped in one break...

Francisque

So far, everything (I've seen at least) were airings of the very first episodes. Makes sense, a new playout wouldn't start in the middle of something.
BTW, a Norwegian friend told me the switch happened yesterday at around 10/11 CET.

Meanwhile, I've seen the Pupstruction promo airing up to 7 times looped in one break...
I suppose the situation will go back on tomorrow, I hope lol

Markus Nelis

Test broadcaating is still on. Can they just switch back to DC EMEA until last week of March when they should have more promos available? DJ one is really on my nerves.

Francisque

Test broadcaating is still on. Can they just switch back to DC EMEA until last week of March when they should have more promos available? DJ one is really on my nerves.
But there's something wrong going on, obviously something major must've happened

Maybe they've messed up audio tracks or something like that and they're still using an emergency tape

As for the promos: change the channel while they're on :D

Markus Nelis

But there's something wrong going on, obviously something major must've happened

Maybe they've messed up audio tracks or something like that and they're still using an emergency tape

As for the promos: change the channel while they're on :D
We'll see. If it doesn't get fixed this week, I'm sure this will stay for a while.

I could change the channel but I won't do it every 20 minutes. Muting however is a good option.

Francisque

I pretty much doubt again, they want to alienate viewers for an entire month using a random schedule (which is clearly not the intended one) with strange promos repeated on a loop, this is obviously emergency broadcasting.

Hence why I advise you not to take it "seriously" and pretend too much from an emergency tape which obviously is there just for the sake of it.
It's very likely been recorded much much earlier; I just wonder who the hell decided it was OK to put looped promos in-between!

Something similar happened to Channel 4, Channel 5 a few others after a Red Bee accident

It took a lot of time for them to restore everything back to normal; I'm beginning to think this might be the case, but I really don't understand such a careless attitude, they really don't want to take any responsibility about this fault
And internet barely helps: there's nothing, virtually nothing about what's happening

Reactions: J10

RegularCapital

Staff member
I know that Disney had a history of testing things on the live feed, such as info popups during for an upcoming special (which I randomly catched one night when the channel was closed for the night, it was like a hidden premiere), and also minor on-screen graphics alterations that they had to do during the 2014 rebrand. But for a thing such as a feed split, they should've took a bit more care.

Markus Nelis

I do wonder if they don't care, why do we get a relaunch when we could stick with DC EMEA. Unless they realized it too much targeted towards African audience. Hence the reason there will be a relaunch.

However there could be a chance of adverts returning. This may be the reason if we indeed get ads.

g4litch

Does anyone have recording or photos of the Disney Channel Scandinavia relaunch test?

Markus Nelis

Worth noting that the relaunched Scandinavian feed will finally carry the HD feed. At least testing clearly says it all. It really started when they temporarily switched us to the African feed in early last year. Only Denmark used to get the feed in HD. Meanwhile their rival CN is still in SD. Which is one of those reasons I don't want to watch the channel often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts