International Disney Networks Thread Part 10

MagiaDiWinx

DC Poland lipsync-dubbed their voiced over shows for some ads, but a mix of that and English. I think it was a diff cast than the actual lipsync dubs but I don’t care enough to compare.

Rrr

I’m confused as to why they only showed one program on the banner (2 when they swapped what order POTF and TSR would air in) when it was usually three unless the next thing was a film.

Likely it was the last show to air before closedown, from before the feed went 24 hrs

Moleoman

When did the Russian and Finnish tracks even start? I’ve seen ads in Russian from the 2000s for the Scandinavian Disney channels, but I don’t think most Disney shows were being dubbed into Russian until later on, for example Phil of the Future wasn’t dubbed til 2011.
As Markus Nelis stated Disney Channel was launched in Finland in 2003, but judging from archived versions of DC's website, the Finnish audio and subtitles were added in mid-2005. From what I remember, the only production to have on-screen Finnish dub credits was "Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers".

Russian track was added to DC Scandinavia in ca. Fall 2012. That's due to DC Russia going terrestrial in December 2011, which allowed that feed to air shows and movies for which they didn't have broadcast rights for the Baltics. Nevertheless, by 2017 some newspapers and TV guides in Latvia (such as "Tele Programma s Dyadyey Mishey", "Latvijskaja TV-televizionnaya programma" and MK-Latvia: Łotwa - tygodniki telewizyjne) still published schedules of DC Russia.

MagiaDiWinx

As Markus Nelis stated Disney Channel was launched in Finland in 2003, but judging from archived versions of DC's website, the Finnish audio and subtitles were added in mid-2005. From what I remember, the only production to have on-screen Finnish dub credits was "Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers".

Russian track was added to DC Scandinavia in ca. Fall 2012. That's due to DC Russia going terrestrial in December 2011, which allowed that feed to air shows and movies for which they didn't have broadcast rights for the Baltics. Nevertheless, by 2017 some newspapers and TV guides in Latvia (such as "Tele Programma s Dyadyey Mishey", "Latvijskaja TV-televizionnaya programma" and MK-Latvia: Łotwa - tygodniki telewizyjne) still published schedules of DC Russia.
So the Baltics got DC Russia until it went terrestrial?
I hate coming across clueless, but also, what is this? I’m so confused and it’s very obscure.

J10

So the Baltics got DC Russia until it went terrestrial?
I hate coming across clueless, but also, what is this? I’m so confused and it’s very obscure.
Don't post clueless video, as this video title shows the wrong date.

Disney RU (Now-called Sunrise) has changed their DOG to Kanal Disney before the terrestrial launch.

This video is from like 2010, when it still was Disney Channel RU.

Francisque

One more reason to think the DC Scandi schedule for the 1st of April is not the real one is that Disney Junior still has a schedule

I'm not sure what they're doing lol

There was a time where you could access, with some tricks, to the upcoming schedules from the Disney website itself
@Markus Nelis

Markus Nelis

One more reason to think the DC Scandi schedule for the 1st of April is not the real one is that Disney Junior still has a schedule

I'm not sure what they're doing lol

There was a time where you could access, with some tricks, to the upcoming schedules from the Disney website itself
@Markus Nelis
I assume the actual schedule will be available on Monday.

Didn't know about Disney schedule site but I remember one of the websites had DC Scandinavia schedule for a month in advance. Sometimes even two back in the mid 10s.

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
I seem to have found a page with the correct schedules:

Starting April 1st (CET):
06:00 Mickey Mouse's Funhouse
06:25 SuperKitties
07:10 Bluey
08:05 Miraculous
08:50 Big City Greens
09:35 Spidey & His Amazing Friends
10:30 Firebuds
11:15 Mickey Mouse's Funhouse
12:00 Bluey
13:00 Miraculous
13:45 Bunk'd
14:30 Firebuds
15:10 Monsters at Work
15:35 Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures
15:55 Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur
16:20 Hamster & Gretel
17:20 Miraculous
18:05 Mickey Mouse's Funhouse
18:30 Me & Mickey
18:35 Spidey & His Amazing Friends
18:55 Bluey
19:45 Big City Greens
20:40 Monsters at Work
21:00 The Villains of Valley View
21:25 Bunk'd
21:50 Miraculous
22:35 Big City Greens
23:30 Kiff
00:15 Hamster & Gretel
01:00 Miraculous
01:40 SuperKitties
02:30 Bluey
03:15 Spidey & His Amazing Friends
04:05 Firebuds
04:55 Mickey Mouse's Funhouse

Francisque

I assume the actual schedule will be available on Monday.

Didn't know about Disney schedule site but I remember one of the websites had DC Scandinavia schedule for a month in advance. Sometimes even two back in the mid 10s.
The previous website basically

Probably some experts might be able to still figure out how to extract data from the website, but I don't lol

From 2003 until well long, the website's schedule was in Flash (which was trendy at that time) as the entire website was, and obviously you couldn't access to the data easily...sadly that's also the reason Archive websites couldn't record much

Many here I think will remember the Flash cheapy kind of website they used to have 2003-8, then replaced by DISNEY XD (which inspired the name of the newer channel) from the US later on.

Now it's very very minimal and has next to nothing, although you couldn't blame them too much, nobody just cares about websites and games

@zQwmy
More DJ-oriented than I had expected

I imagined something like that TBH
A random mixture of DC and DJ shown throughout the day not restricted to time slots

And no, definitely no advertising, as the slots are short
But at least you won't get fillers, by the looks of it

Last edited:

Markus Nelis

I thought DJ was going to be on in the mornings only. Better schedule than EMEA at least. I will post the colored schedule once weekend is out. Big improvement by having mostly animation. Only two live-actìon shows here.

Francisque

I thought DJ was going to be on in the mornings only. Better schedule than EMEA at least. I will post the colored schedule once weekend is out. Big improvement by having mostly animation. Only two live-actìon shows here.
It's very similar structure wise to DC Spain, giving both DJ and DC shows equal measure throughout the day
So likely there won't be any DJ-branded block

I agree the schedule looks nice.
Not even DC US shows much non-animation these days lol, so they show what rates better; for the rest, you can go to Disney+
Still more desirable than having no Disney channel at all

Disney Junior shows rate well I think, and with more minute to programming and less to advertising than the US feed and beyond, they might as well squeeze DJ shows at other times than just in the mornings

Markus Nelis

I think they should have aired Junior shows for 12 hours in a row in morning and aftternoon while the rest for content who appeal to older people in evening and night. This schedule kind of messy.

Surprised they don't have Raven. The show they aired the most before switching over to another feed.

Francisque

I think they should have aired Junior shows for 12 hours in a row in morning and aftternoon while the rest for content who appeal to older people in evening and night. This schedule kind of messy.

Surprised they don't have Raven. The show they aired the most before switching over to another feed.
Yeah, there obviously are issues and I would definitely prefer what you've just mentioned, but I think ,sadly (don't get me wrong), more economic type of considerations are taken into account and they simply want to cater toddlers as much as they cater older kids.

Having preschooler shows from 8:00-ish to 14:00ish definitely would make sense in an ideal world, since it's also what DC used to do over here until 2005 , which is the launch of the Playhouse Disney channel; DC US also works similarly.... but I also realize very little which worked back then works now
Plus, Disney Junior will shut down, preschoolers might want some of their shows at e.g. 6pm

Raven's Home maybe on weekends? Having some live actions at 9pm I guess makes some sense

Markus Nelis

I think they will add more airtime for live-action if they do well in ratings. I would rather see a balance between live-action and animation. I think this is more like a first month being a test whether animation can really do well on it's own most of the time.

Disney Junior shows at some timeslots makes no sense though. 01:40 to 06:00. The most likely audience up at the time are tweens / older than that. Put that to 13 to 16:00 when older kids usually get out of school. Oh well, at least it won't bother me as I can still watch Disney Channel shows at 19:45 to midnight. Better than nothing. There are decent breaks from preschool at least. It's not actually that bad as preschool shows air mostly when I'm not able to sit down to watch television anyway.

Francisque

I think they will add more airtime for live-action if they do well in ratings. I would rather see a balance between live-action and animation. I think this is more like a first month being a test whether animation can really do well on it's own most of the time.

Disney Junior shows at some timeslots makes no sense though. 01:40 to 06:00. The most likely audience up at the time are tweens / older than that. Put that to 13 to 16:00 when older kids usually get out of school. Oh well, at least it won't bother me as I can still watch Disney Channel shows at 19:45 to midnight. Better than nothing. There are decent breaks from preschool at least. It's not actually that bad as preschool shows air mostly when I'm not able to sit down to watch television anyway.
Between 1:40 and 6:00 the audience is next to none in general lol

So they might as well show DJ stuff :D

MagiaDiWinx

Likely it was the last show to air before closedown, from before the feed went 24 hrs
DC Poland used to close at 22:00, and while I don’t know what kind of timeframe they ran Silly Symphonies in, that still means the Cheetah Girls premiered at like 10 in the morning…Strange.
IMG_1903.png

Don't post clueless video, as this video title shows the wrong date.

Disney RU (Now-called Sunrise) has changed their DOG to Kanal Disney before the terrestrial launch.

This video is from like 2010, when it still was Disney Channel RU.
Ok. This is from 2011, during an inbetween period where they used their own graphics instead of the ribbon ones, but before it became fully Канал Дисней. That was already the internal name, just not the branding.
Also, I think the reason DJ took long to come to Russia was because all the Disney Junior graphics had to be re-rendered into Russian.

Last edited:

Francisque

Saturday morning at 10am sounds doable

Remember that back then weekend mornings were much of a highlight for them

DC UK more often showed movies Fridays at 6pm, but some less important ones on Saturdays at 11am

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts